For Dads & Daughters

Discussion in 'Photos' started by dlrides, Jul 17, 2007.

1. cula

cula Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now that's dangerous. How do you deal with that? I am always afraid of my kids falling asleep....
  2. inire

inire Browncoat symp

Oddometer:
    a long-ago GF used to nod off on the bike, too. Only once did it freak me (she just suddenly slumped). Mostly she'd lean on my back and if I felt her relax I'd just square my shoulders and adjust if she shifted. A tap on the knee would wake her if I had a situation.

wow. Those were good times. :cry
  3. Tail Gunner

Tail Gunner Life is Good !!! Enjoy the Ride

Oddometer:
  4. Solomoriah

Solomoriah likes the back roads

Oddometer:
    Does it matter if they are?

Rather a rude question, I'd think.
  5. Lil' Steve

Lil' Steve Every day is Saturday

Oddometer:

No culo, HUMANS
  6. fancyindigo

fancyindigo schmancy...fancy

Oddometer:
    Hi all :wave

I am a woman rider (age 34). My father always rode when I was a child. I always had a fascination with his motorcycle ('73 Honda 750 - or some year close to '73) and when I was a toddler, I would "waddle" up to the bike, pat it, and say, "Buuuden....buuuuden!" Even then, he would rig some belt/strap system - or let me ride in front of him and take me slowly up and down the half mile long driveway. :D I was always thrilled!

We rode together some more as I was growing up, memories for which I am very thankful. :smile6

He has not had a bike in many years now, due to multiple back surgeries and various other health issues. However, he got on my wee lil' XT about a month ago. All he needed to know was, "One down and five up," and in his classic style...having not ridden in years, popped the front wheel up and took off. :nod Of course, his statement when he got back after just 10 min or so was, "Don't tell your mother I was on your bike!" I knew that letting him ride was probably not the safest thing I could have done, however, I also knew that it was probably going to be his last ride. And, when he returned safely, he was grinning from ear to ear and his eyes looked younger than I have ever seen them!:clap

He keeps talking about getting another bike, but I think time and injuries have taken their toll on his body. So, he now just enjoys my stories, sometimes even just my daily commute stories.

I shared this because I greatly admire this thread - I love reading the stories and seeing the pictures, sometimes it even brings tears to my eyes.

My dad is not only my hero, but instilled in me a great love of riding - something that is now a huge part of my life.
  7. 1129VLD

1129VLD Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bungie cords. :lol3
  8. Tail Gunner

Tail Gunner Life is Good !!! Enjoy the Ride

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing. I hope my daughter (now 8) will look back and have great memories of our rides and time together.

9. Wadester

Wadester Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer:
    My daughter just turned 13 in January, and this weekend she will be taking the MSF basic rider course to qualify for her scooter license. I can only hope that I'm giving her the gift your father gave to you.[​IMG]

Great respect for you both.

10. cula

cula Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I meant no offense. I'm from Utah.
  11. cula

cula Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I already sent an email to the dealer here. It turns out it's only ~5miles from me. They are located in Midvale, UT
  12. dakardad

dakardad Not waiting for anyone

Oddometer:
    How many wives are yours??:lol3
    Ya gotta love 'Big Love'.
  13. cula

cula Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry Buddy, I'm a woman and I'm Christian.
  14. TripleTee

TripleTee Over the river

Oddometer:
    She's a natural.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't even think about photographing the helmet hair though.

[​IMG]
  15. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I cannot relate to having girls as I had two strapping boys that learned everything there is about riding MC's. The nice thing is that they married two wonderful girls that love to ride. We now have 5 grandkids. 3 girls and 2 boys. The oldest grandaughter is 7 and already asking when we can go for a ride. One boy is already riding his own electric mc and loves it. They call my wife and I grandma and grandpa bruupp bruupp. Youngest boy at 1 year old already showing interest. Life is good boys, girls, grandkids. awesome.:thumb
  16. slowpoke69

slowpoke69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Most definitely a lucky man, my girls are 19&21 and still talk about the few times they got to ride with me! Enjoy it guys, they grow like friggin weeds, which they probably won't touch if you keep them interested in riding, just another plus.:D They were on bikes before age 5, riding around they yard on the tank that young. Now they both want their own, can't beat that feeling, or time spent with Daddys little girls!:clap
  17. slowpoke69

Oddometer:
    All you have to do is find someplace she wants to go, that, and offer to buy her something when you get there!:rofl Girls are great, but frustrating at times.
    I've heard it said any man can have a son, it takes a REAL man to have daughters! Sometimes they'll push every button you have, they know you love them though, especially once they're grown and come to the realization that you're smarter than they used to think they were.:D
  18. dakardad

dakardad Not waiting for anyone

Oddometer:
    OK, but thats what they say. END.
  19. slowpoke69

Oddometer:
    It's the hardest damn job you'll ever love. You just have to be patient, and remember, it is hard WORK but you don't just throw in the towel when it gets hard, that's when you think about all you really do have, despite outward appearances. The kids, IMO, make it alot easier. Lord knows they'll try you as teens, but with girls, you are always their hero, that's one damn good feeling!:D
  20. slowpoke69

Oddometer:
    No offense intended, but that's why I think women invented work, couldn't stand to see us having so much fun!:rofl