6 NEW bikes from Honda USA for 2013

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Nov 3, 2012.

1. jules083

jules083 Long timer

Oddometer:
    X2.

Every time I consider buying a new/used bike, I always seem to look for a comparable Honda model. I always hear the rumors of Honda reliability and build quality, not sure if they are true or on but many seem to think so.

Every time, however, Honda doesn't seem to offer what I want. It's always a 'close but not quite' kind of thing. In all reality my opinion doesn't matter, as I don't see me buying a new bike for a long time. Too many clean, low milage used bikes on Craigslist and well-farkled ready-to-ride bikes here, although normally with higher milage.
  2. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    Planning to go to the IMS show in Dallas next weekend, but not too excited about looking at the same things in the showrooms... What do you think the chances are of seeing any of the new Hondas ahead of the Milan show? Last year's show featured the new Ducati Panigale a week before Milan, which I found odd...
  3. awork13

awork13 Gas was made to burn

Oddometer:
    VFR1200X
    ST1200
    CBR500R
    CBR600RR
    CB1100S
    And some cruiser.

Just my guess.
  4. awork13

awork13 Gas was made to burn

Oddometer:
    I can tell you as a Honda only tech that they don't break unless you abuse them severely. If something major does go wrong Honda is pretty quick to help out. I should have focus on another brand to work for so I made more money :evil
  5. single

single Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Latest rumor flying around the interweb tubes is that the CBR600RR is going to be cancelled in 2013. Makes sense to me considering Honda's recent development dollars haven't been going into anything remotely sporty.
  6. Meter Man

Meter Man Long timer

Oddometer:
    That doesn't make any sense. They still a lot of Sportbikes both in the US and abroad.
  7. SloMo228

SloMo228 World Class Cheapass

Oddometer:
    I would be surprised if they got rid of the CBR600RR. It's got to be one of their better-selling motorcycles. I don't see them as often as I do R6s and GSXR600s (probably because you can get an R6 for way cheaper than a comparable CBR600RR), but there are still quite a few on the roads around here.
  8. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    The Fireblade sells well in Europe.

The 600cc class has tanked for the last couple of years; probably because they cost £8000-£9000 and insurance has risen 40%.

Back when insurers went by cc, a 600 was the route to a 1000cc bike, but now that only older bikers have the money to buy and insure them, the super-sport class is basically dead.

The shift to 'track focus' on 600cc bikes didn't help, which - I guess - is why Kawasaki have brought back the 636cc Ninja.

I rode a 2002 R6 and it had some grunt; try normal riding on a 2008-on R6.
  9. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:

Now something like that would definitely get me interested in Honda again. If I could afford it I would buy it. Honda has left me completely cold the last several years. If I could have what I really wanted, it would be a CB750 standard, not retro, but not "modern" either. I would even like to see the last incarnation of the Nighthawk 750 brought back. If reasonably priced, I would definitely buy one of those. I'm still kicking myself for not having bought one back when they were still available.

As for the Goldwing, I have one. A 1995 model. It is way to big and has way to much garbage on it. Before it I had a 1985 model, which I likes MUCH better, but it was constantly needing repairs, and most parts were no longer available for it. Otherwise I would have kept it. I would not even consider an 1800. Might as well get a convertible. Many Goldwing riders are already converting them into trikes, because they cannot handle the sheer weight of the things. I figure the next change Honda makes to the Goldwing will be a factory trike, like the HD TriGlide. I would love to see Honda take the Goldwing back to it's earlier days. The 1100 Interstates are my favorites.
  10. brentde3

brentde3 Should be outside

Oddometer:
    I'm in the market come may. Money is just sitting around waiting. If a vfr800x is under one of those tarps, I might not have to look much more. :norton
  11. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    If the covers are accurate, the rake on the forks of the middle 4 make them all cruisers. :dunno
  12. TxRoadDog

TxRoadDog Shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    I was thinking the same thing. Going to be dissapointed if thats the case.
  13. tastroman

tastroman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm unzipped and waiting.
  14. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    Can Am has been pretty successful with the Spyder. It's only a matter of time before someone else comes out with something similar.
  15. Carter Pewterschmidt

Carter Pewterschmidt Long timer

Oddometer:
    It would be sweet if Honda brought that big standard over. Not a very sporty looking thing though and the suspension looks pretty low test. You'd kind of feel like a milquetoast on that thing after riding an XR1200X.

Now if they made it something like this. It doesn't need to be that wild, but at least give us some nice running gear.

[​IMG]

An updated big dual sport would be cool or maybe even something like this?

[​IMG]

Fingers crossed
  16. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
    I would love to own another honda. My 86 vfr was excellent and my xr650r was bulletproof. However, I am preparing for disappointment as many of the hondas that intrigue me don't make it to the states
  17. FLYING EYEBALL

FLYING EYEBALL out of step

Oddometer:
    yawn
  18. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    Harley has a three wheeler, they just put the handlebars opposite to where the Spyder has them. :lol3
  19. PiJiL

PiJiL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:

I would not be unhappy at all if Honda brought the Magna, Shadow Spirit 1100, and VLX600 back. My main touring bike is a cruiser, an '02 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 bought new, with 74,000 miles and counting. Honda definitely needs to abandon that VTX engine. It was junk to begin with, both 1300 and 1800. The old Spirit 1100 blew the 1300 away, and nearly matched the 1800, while being much smaller and more maneuverable.