Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mfaoro

mfaoro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow! That actually makes a lot of sense. Good thinking. I'm glad I'd waited for more options.

You have a PM...

Michael
  2. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    I found a red sport model "on sale" this weekend at a local stealer for $13,998.00. Has anyone seen a better price for a new one?

Man, I want one of these bikes...:becca

Other than the big "nostrils" up front, and the rear mudflap, it's a beautiful bike.
  3. Strada

Strada Tally Ho!

Oddometer:
    my only real complaint aesthetically are those hideous mirrors! :puke1
  4. damnbiker

damnbiker BRAAAAP

Oddometer:
    Last weekend I decided to test ride the Multi and the Honda Varadero on the same morning. I should never have tested the Multi, at less than half the price, the Varadero is a good, solid bike. I'm just not sure I can bring myself to buying it because I know what I'll be missing! :pissed
  5. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    That sounds like a base model - $1000 off. Not what I would call the "sport" model - the S Sport (and S Touring) list at $19,995. :deal
  6. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    What, already? I cannot believe it.

D.

7. mfaoro

mfaoro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FYI - I ordered one of Strada's windscreen angle adjuster/adaptor/thingy's. Once I get it and take a ride I will report back what I think.

Michael

ps. Not associated with Strada's business at all. Thought the solution was better thought out than the others I have seen so I thought I would give it a try.
  8. mfaoro

mfaoro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can anyone comment on whether the topbox has the same leaking problems as the pannier?
  9. Dr. Greg

Dr. Greg Tryin' to get home.. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just returned from a 6,000 mile trip from New Mexico to New England and back. Went through a lotta rain and top box did not leak at all.

BTW, RR coming shortly on that trip.

--Doc

P.S. I have the wider pannier lids and they did not leak either.
  10. Bryn1203

Bryn1203 Dances with spaniels

Oddometer:
    we all know whats right about the Multi - but I for one don't know whats wrong with the Honda.......... more detail pleeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzze :D

On a seperate tack, I cannot see another manufacturer being able to match the 1198 MS package for all round performance ..... not for a long while.......... have I forgotten anyones machine?
  11. mfaoro

mfaoro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dr. Greg,

Thats perfect. Thanks for the info. I am waiting to see what they do for the panniers before ordering anything for them. Good to know that the topbox is a worthy piece of kit (hmmm, been watching Top Gear too much as it seems to be affecting my writing ;).

Michael

12. fixinbones

fixinbones Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just an FYI from a post on the Ducati.ms board. This might bring some smiles to some of you.

Ducati has announced via press documents for 2011 model year changes that all Multistrada 1200 models will get:

1. New revised center stand that doesn't interfere with your left foot anymore.
    2. New revised ECU mappings that should improve driveability
    3. New latches for the panniers

Items 2 and 3 above will be retrofitted to all existing 2010 Multistrada 1200 owners free of charge.
  13. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    Item 1 was one of the reasons I passed on the MTS1200 ! :cry
  14. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    It's fun to think back when people jumped out of their pants when I listed those points and said that a 20k bike should have been done better ...
  15. 996DL

996DL Dunning-Kruger PHD

Oddometer:
    Can't expect a first year bike, to be as faultless and glitch free as BMW's boxer series... :lol3 :poser :oscar :choppa

996DL
  16. bikeworm

bikeworm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The way the side panniers come together it's like they need another clasp. The top box appears to be much tighter when close. I'd say it's water tight. I have not ridden it the rain, and really don't plan to. You can see the weak area on the panniers where the 2 pieces come together.
  17. mfaoro

mfaoro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had mine fixed by a body shop for $50... Looks stock.

18. Bryn1203

Bryn1203 Dances with spaniels

Oddometer:
    Its unusual to hear a good sounding Duke - but I like this - I know its inside but its still sweet :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D8laDKFijD0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D8laDKFijD0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  19. bmwhd

bmwhd God Bless Texas

Oddometer:
    Exactly why I'll be waiting for my new must have (K1600GTL) to get through two iterations of debugging before I buy.
  20. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know that I could have cut the "arm" down some. :D

Now if that body shop could make it so my feet fit without hitting the passenger pegs when I am riding on the balls of my feet for $50 .......:lol3