The Trans-Lab is Overdone. We want to Ride the Rock.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Canuman, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Canuman

Canuman Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer:
    Furlongs? Oh, wait, .0022. That's not very deep.
  2. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    We're talking depth of water, surely fathoms are more appropriate!
  3. Canuman

Oddometer:
    I was thinking that I might bring a horse along, Steph, if I could finagle it through customs. Could come in handy. You never know when you'll need a horse. Besides Anton (AtlasEXP) was thinking of doing a film combining elements of Brokeback Mountain, Borat, April In Paris, A Clockwork Orange and Full Metal Jacket.

However, to appease out Canadian cousins, the official measurements of the trip are now fathoms, knots and nautical miles. It's all good. I can convert to furlongs if necessary.
  4. Canuman

Oddometer:
    If anyone has connections over on Ridetherock, I've been registered but cannot post. Looking to introduce myself.
  5. jackpiner57

jackpiner57 Moto-Racks.com Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    As long as there's a complimentary knobby washing by a beautiful curly haired woman of Celtic lineage, I'm still in.

I think I can make it through a river of a mere 0.00008228941684665227 nautical league by myself, and I guess I can make my own coffee too. Man I'll really be roughing it eh?
  6. Canuman

Oddometer:
    Just watch out for Anton. He's a wicked smooth talker, and has a cool accent.

I think we can all brew some decent java and come up with something to eat of an evening. After that power slide you did on our last venture, I don't think you'll be at the back of the pack on this one, Tom.
  7. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tim, thank you for bringing the horse. How many liters of ketchup will it require?
  8. Canuman

Oddometer:
    I don't do liters. Can you convert that to hogsheads?

Ok, Googled it. .00419 Hogshead equals one liter. Glad we're on the same page.
  9. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    You could bring a horse but the newfoundland pony is the breed of choice on the island. Small tough working animals. Google it.
    And DO NOT use the word ketchup on RTR. Actually it is a banned word and will not show up on the site.
  10. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Vinegar?
  11. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd sooner take a horse through a water crossing than a motorcycle any day!
  12. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you registered as Canuman? I'll fire a note off to the head honcho on Facebook..,,,
  13. Canuman

Oddometer:
    Yes, same as here.
  14. AtlasExp

AtlasExp beer me

Oddometer:
    I just saw new commercial and my search for backpack is over! The Flextrek Whipsnake my fave for life! And they working on a model for motorcycle travel !!!!!
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZAtzN_ScKXY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
  15. jackpiner57

jackpiner57 Moto-Racks.com Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Haha! Great video. I'm already mentally designing a support rack for it. I'm concerned about the gallon jugs swinging free like giant snake testicles, so I think some heavy steel jock strap style restraints are in order.
  16. Canuman

Oddometer:
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5pMeb4ZSHh8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5pMeb4ZSHh8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Donald Sutherland. A Canadian posing as an American. I attended a jazz concert at the Haskell Opera House in Derby Line. VT/Stanstead PQ. Mr. Sutherland was groovin' a couple of seats over.
  17. Canuman

Oddometer:
    Extrapolating, there will be over 30,000 posts and we'll all have lost our minds!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Emdzsz_XvfA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Emdzsz_XvfA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  18. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    95% of hunting and fishing is getting ready for hunting and fishing.

Unfortunately, the cold weather has my riding hobby stats holding at about the same.:cry
  19. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Or...

We could take a nice January ride on the TET. Maybe trailer to southwest VA and head to FL?
  20. Canuman

Oddometer:
    We could just go down to the Keys and kick back. . . just sayin' I've wanted to ride the Outer Banks in the off-season, though.