Heart of Colloton Adventrue Trail

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Marsh Tiger, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Marsh Tiger

Marsh Tiger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is the GPX file of the HO-CAT. One badass duel sport trail circling Walterboro, SC :D

Enjoy!

Note: Updated file

Attached Files:

2. Prysock

Prysock s00per n00b

Oddometer:
    I had the GPS laying tracks on Sunday....at least for the portion of the trip I got to make. GPX file linked below, tracks at 0.05mi

Thanks again Marsh!

Attached Files:

3. Marsh Tiger

Oddometer:
    Half way mark to lunch or fuel

Attached Files:

4. Marsh Tiger

Oddometer:
    Green Pond Road to Jacksonboro. For those who don't wont to return to Walterboro.

Attached Files:

5. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    This started out as the Mid-Eastern Orangeburg Way, but then I extended it all the way up to the 12th Street Extension in Cayce, SC. 125 miles of fun, with a lot of dirt included. The red & blue lines are tracks that meet in Rowesville, SC, and the Southern end of the red track meets Marsh Tiger's fabulous HO-CAT route (gray loop at the bottom of this image).

EDIT: I improved the route from near North to near Swansea a lot on 05/31/12 - more & better dirt, more rural & scenic - and attached the new file, so re-download it if you got it before then!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Marsh Tiger

Oddometer:
    the HO-CAT file has been updated. Please download a new copy and delete the old one!!!

Ride Safe!!!:deal
  7. wawarides

Oddometer:
    I also updated the MEOW GPX file and took the HO-CAT route out of it so that future tweaks to either one won't necessitate redoing both files. Thanks, Marsh Tiger! :freaky
  8. wawarides

Oddometer:
    I just attached a new MEOW GPX file to post #5. I changed the route from near North up to near Swansea. It now goes through a more rural and scenic area with a good bit more dirt. Saddlecreek Lane and Poole's Mill Road are very nice!
  9. StolenFant

StolenFant Life is good on this side of the grass Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just added them to tomorrow's ride to Abbeyville. Thanks Laura!

Hope to see some of y'all at Long Cane.
    Clint
  10. wawarides

Oddometer:
    I added a 98-mile loop that connects to the MEOW in two different places. See the cyan-colored track below. The cyan part is 98 miles; the existing blue MEOW part of it on the east is probably about 20-25 miles. The two places where it connects to the MEOW are in Livingston and on Poole's Mill Road. It's a lot of dirt; I'd say 70-80% dirt. The most northwest point of it is in the town of Ridge Spring. There's some scenic rolling countryside over that way. I wanted to take the new loop's northeastern leg all the way up to Cayce, but there just wasn't enough dirt to the north to suit me.

Except for Ridge Spring and Livingston/Neeses, I purposely avoided towns on this loop, but they're nearby if you need gas (Wagener, Salley, Pelion, North, Swansea).

Next I want to take it from Ridge Spring over into the Long Cane district of the Sumter NF, then swoop down to the Augusta Stagecoach Road area, then tie in to a southern point on the HO-CAT.

Have fun!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    SAWEEET!!! It'd be great if we can get a large portion of the dirt roads mapped out.

Next time you go exploring shoot me a PM and maybe I can ride along.
  12. wawarides

Oddometer:
    Sure thing, Wlfman! :thumb
  13. wawarides

Oddometer:
    I reckon Marsh Tiger or I will get around to starting a new thread one day, as this thing keeps expanding, but here are some more tracks.

Ken (BigWrench) inspired me to pick up in Ridge Spring and head to Abbeville. I had stashed a jpeg file from the AARSE thread a long time ago, a Me and my Monkee map I believe, of the figure 8 below with its northwestern point in Abbeville. Today I used that image to create tracks, and joined it to Ridge Spring. I'm adding a GPX file to this post that includes everything you see below (HO-CAT, MEOW, Ridge Spring loop, the Monkee loop, and the connection between those last two.

Take this new stuff with a big ole grain of salt and a spirit of adventure, as I rode it today from in front of my computer. :D When I actually ride it all, I'll post any tweaks needed, or you guys feel free to let me know of any gates or other problems you encounter. The little straight red line east of Lake Thurmond is an estimated track of FS-634, which Mapsource didn't show, but Google and the MVUM did, and it looks like the AARSES have been on it as well.

EDIT 12/3/2012 9:10 p.m.: Thanks to sdthorpe, I fixed my estimated track of FS-634 and did some slight re-routing near there as well. I also split up the tracks so none would have more than 500 points, for those of you who may have GPS's with that limitation. If you downloaded the "SC_Dirt" gpx file before now, please delete that version and get the revised one instead.

EDIT 02/20/2013 9:05 P.M.: Wlfman and I recently rode a good bit of the Southern and Eastern sections of the Monkee loop. We encountered a couple of private, gated roads and a closed NFS road. The NFS road had trees growing in it, so it wasn't just a temporary closure. I edited the GPX file to route around these areas, so feel free to re-download the latest file which is attached to this post.

EDIT 02/27/2013 9:45 P.M.: Thanks to sdthorpe, I fixed the Monkee loop part to match the AARSE's version exactly. Giving up only a wee bit of adventure, but the tradeoff is that maybe you won't get shot at.

EDIT 06/09/2014: Please note that Old State Road has been closed. I have not edited the GPX file for that. It's near the northern end of the MEOW and was a fun piece of dirt adjacent to the Congaree that ran from the Saxe Gotha area, under I-77 and on up into Cayce. It parallels 12th Street Extension, which you can take instead, which is where Amazon, Nephron Pharmaceuticals, etc. are located and is a pleasant ride, though paved.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

SthrnRomr likes this.
  14. wawarides

Oddometer:
    Oh, BTW, my file spits you out in Abbeville near Maria's on the square (good Mexican restaurant). :dg
  15. sdthorpe

sdthorpe Adventurer... yeah right!

Oddometer:
    This is Good Stuff Laura!!

I can verify the Abbeville figure 8 loop is good, good, good! We aarse's have all ridden it multiple times. There is one spot that may have to be changed. if you want to, pm me an email address and i'll send over tracks that I know are trouble free...

btw, I am monkey's gps representative, he is gps illiterate!! :rofl
  16. wawarides

Oddometer:

Thanks so much, David. PM sent!
  17. wawarides

Oddometer:
    Thanks to sdthorpe, I just fixed my estimated track of FS-634 and did some slight re-routing near there as well. I also split up the tracks so none would have more than 500 points, for those of you who may have GPS's with that limitation. If you downloaded the "SC_Dirt" gpx file before now, please delete that version and get the revised one (still attached to post #13) instead.
  18. sdthorpe

Oddometer:
    Laura, if i was to take your track that connects Monkee's loop to the Meow, when it splits, which is better; the north leg or the south?
  19. wawarides

Oddometer:
    I haven't ridden all of the north leg yet. Both legs have a lot of dirt, but the south may have a bit more. I did an out & back on the south leg and had a blast. But then the section of the MEOW between the two legs is one of my favorites, with a lot of dirt. Decisions, decisions! If you're doing it tomorrow, the Neeses Piggly Wiggly has a pretty good restaurant. Their Sunday menu has 4 meats and 8 veggies from which to choose a meat & 3. I believe they serve until 3 p.m. on Sundays. And I have some private trails nearby :deal.
  20. sdthorpe

Oddometer:
    Nah, no time soon. I was just looking at creating one big loop out of all this at some point.