Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. alpina-uk

alpina-uk Been here awhile

Oddometer:

spokes are carbon steel that are zync coated, so rust free like stainless only stronger
  2. delwilli

delwilli Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 on the above. I have a 2012 Scrambler with the above mods and I highly recommend them!
  3. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you done a dyno after? how much hp ? :1drink
  4. TT RDHS

TT RDHS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Howdy,
    I bought my 2010 EFI Scrambler used, it had the Arrow 2 into 1 exhaust, a stock airbox and filter with the "flash" from Triumph for the EFI.
    It was putting out 50.04 HP & 46.33 ft/lb (rear wheel) with this set-up

Then I installed my Zard cross (exhaust system), K&N , NH bellmouth, airbox baffle removed and PC-V with custom map. Also, I removed my AI system and O2 sensors.

Now it's putting out 55.34 HP & 51.05 ft/lb to the rear wheel.

I am quite happy with my results.

Brad (TT RDHS)

P.S. if I had done a bit more research, I would have gone with the "Breath" bellmouth and the DNA filter.
    I think that set up would be slightly better, and maybe slightly less money.
  5. soundcc

soundcc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    please, anywhere (on two wheels), but not here
    D you feel the PC V had much if anything for your improvement?
    Was the modification to mapping from the PC V over the stock map or was an upgraded map in place?
    Where is the Arrow exhaust hangin out now?
    Do you also ride the Austrian orange and black?
  6. TT RDHS

TT RDHS Long timer

Oddometer:
    The power commander was for the custom map. I really like this guy's work (Mark Ladesma at North Scottsdale Triunph), he is an excellent tuner.
    So yes, I feel the completly new map he did played a big part in the improvement.

Sorry, I've already sold the Arrow...

And my srambler is a black one.
    (but I do ride a grey and black KTM Superduke)
  7. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Have anyone removed the front fork boots, I peeled the fork boot up for a look & the wiper seal is there just like my Thruxton, will the plastic shield from the Thruxton fit the Scrambler fork leg ?

Cheers Terry
  8. 081 Scrambler

081 Scrambler Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. soilasylum

soilasylum Don't worry it's flat at the bottom!

Oddometer:
    This is what i did to solve the centerstand problem so many of us have faced. I replaced the original hardware with some brass bolts i fabricated and used teflon washers to take up the end play. 10,000 miles so far and no problems.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking for luggage opinions... I've looked through the entire thread (165 pages :eek1) Seen some nice options... Was originally thinking metal mules but they're pricey and not completely sure I want boxes. Some really nice tail bag/tank bag combos (wolfman) have some nice bags. Pelicans and ammo cans... Anyone use giant loop basin bag? What are people using for, let's say a moto camping setup on your scrams? Or on a trip?

Thanks in advance :D
  11. trustme

trustme Long timer

Oddometer:
    One up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not much I would change

1 up and all camping equipment included

2 up included camping equipment sufficient for 3 people for 3 weeks on 2 bikes
  12. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    milestones I'm not a fan of hard cases. I use a GL on my dakar and have sat it on the scrambler, looks ok... but... the freakin thing leaks like a sieve in any sort of wet weather... & yes the seams have a had a go over. The Gl is a tough bag but I can no longer put up with it's lack rain proofing.

The young fella has Enduristan monsoons on his XT600 so i've swung them over the seat and will make a prototype frame this week to hold them off the exhaust and try them out next weekend :D. He can unpack it faster than I can too.
    Will post a pic next week.
  13. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks gents! I appreciate the feedback on luggage options and looking forward to more :D

here are a few pics, mods are underway...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. kiwicaveman

kiwicaveman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wish my 07 still looked that pretty, I ride it every day on dirt roads going to work so it,s never properly clean
  15. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    she's 'new to me' 08 I hope to be getting her quite dirty :freaky
  16. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the feedback on the GL, I was a bit foggy this morning when I read the post and for the life of me, couldn't figure out what the hell a GL was :lol3

Looking forward to your pic and thanks again :*sip*
  17. Donkey

Donkey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    should I go with a stock size 130 or what are the benefits of running a 140 rear TKC80?

cheers
  18. soilasylum

soilasylum Don't worry it's flat at the bottom!

Oddometer:
    Photo's of my favorite ride this past summer in north western Colorado. ADV community has been a great resource, Thanks everyone![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  19. amanlikemike

amanlikemike Recovering Speedfreak

Oddometer:
    I *might* be a tad biased, but I honestly believe Kriega makes the best gear out there for a variety of reasons. Hopefully, the fact that these shots were taken waaaay before I became the distributor for them in the US, bears that claim out. Paid full price for all of everything! :D What you see there is essentially the UScombo40 (40 liters is plenty for any weekend ride), used in various different configurations, including - with the help of the optional US Tank adapter - as a tank bag.

I still use precisely the same bags, although I have since upgraded to the new Alloy Hook Strap mounting system and picked up a US-30 Drypack to build bigger combos for longer trips and another US-10 to use up front. Camping gear goes on the rack, everything else on the rear seat and a little 10-liter tank bag up front.

I actually just sold this bike and am in the process of building a new one, for which I'll have some racks fabbed up to accommodate the new Overlander 60 soft pannier system, which will be pretty sweet. That way I can free up some rear seat real estate to take the missus on extended rides... along with a couple of RotopaX fuel cans to make up for the woeful tank range on these splendid machines.

Full spec at www.kriega.us

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers,

Michael

20. Speed King

Speed King Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice set up- you carry extra fuel? ^^