Jesse Cases on 800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Spinalcracker, Apr 6, 2010.

1. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    difference is what you said size and shape/design...both Safari and Odysseys use the same mounts now....and from what I have been told the 9 inch uses the same mounts as well....
  2. KnuckC

KnuckC F8er

Oddometer:
    Originally posted by RedRiderofMA:

I have the same problem with the Jesse. I have to remove the left case to get the F8 on the center stand.
  3. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    You have to what? :scratch
  4. Too Many Toys

Too Many Toys Adventure Poseur

Oddometer:
    Just off the Lincoln hiway in Ioway & Mesa, AZ
    Didn't have that issue w/ my Safari's, and I have them all the way forward?
  5. Spinalcracker

Spinalcracker former redriderofma

Oddometer:

Lets see a video of you getting the 800 on the stand with the cases on it.
  6. AKTroy

Oddometer:
    Dude, grab the hand hold next to the passenger seat and pull up as you step down on the center stand. Its not a heavy bike. Hardest part about it is finding the centerstand with your foot gawd damn passenger peg is right in the way. :baldy
  7. Gany

Gany Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone want to sell their black 8" safaris?
  8. Too Many Toys

Too Many Toys Adventure Poseur

Oddometer:
    Just off the Lincoln hiway in Ioway & Mesa, AZ
    I can do that in a week, 1,500 miles away from my 8GS right now.
  9. KnuckC

KnuckC F8er

Oddometer:
    I would like to see someone do it as well.

The problem I have is the bags force you to stand too far towards the front of the bike preventing from getting the necessary angle to stand on the stand and pull back. Its close but just doesn't work for me. I could set the bags further towards the rear of the bike but balancing the bike is more important to me than not having to remove the bag to get it up on its center stand.
  10. AKTroy

Oddometer:
    OK I just went out and tried to get a feel for what could possibly be the problem.

All I can come up with is the need, as with any center stand, to get the proper amount of weight "on" the center stand with your foot. There really isnt a great effort in the "lifting" of the bike with your hand.

Left hand on left handle bar, right hand on left side passenger hand hold. Right foot on center stand. Depress center stand till it hits the ground. Use hand holds to keep your balance and transfer all your weight to your right foot while lifting with your right hand.

Up she goes.

My Jesse'e are set about three quarters of the way back of the adjustment. Taking a look at it I can see where it would be possible to have the Jesse's in the way. Im going out now and moving them forward to see.

OK its "a bit" awkward with them all the way forward but still doable. Just move them back a bit till you have gotten the nack of it then adjust. Peace
  11. jessehere

jessehere Ridin'

Oddometer:
    i put mine on the center stand all day long with the jesse's. But i have the SW motech c stand
  12. Moto Mikey

Moto Mikey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'5" / 135lbs and have no problem putting my 800 on the centerstand with the jesse panniers on :dunno
  13. Dave92029

Dave92029 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Jesse bags are on a F650GS, and all I need to do is bring the center stand down to the ground, and then I stand on the center stand plate while lightly holding the handle bars with my left hand and my right hand on the rear passenger grab bar. Goes up very easy. :clap :clap :clap

The Jesse bags have nothing to do with lifting the bike up on the center stand. :eek1
  14. soph9

Oddometer:
    we have Jesse Safari 8 inch on our bikes which we are working on in the garage right now with both on the center stands with bags on...piece of cake even when they are full...takes a bit more effort when full but totally doable.
  15. KnuckC

KnuckC F8er

Oddometer:
    Which Jesse bags are you using?.

I have the Odyssey II and the problem is that with the left bag mounted I can't get the angle to stand on the stand. I am pushed too far forward. Without the bags it takes two seconds to get the F8 on the stand. I have the bags mounted in the middle position of the mount.

If you have the ability to post a video I would love to see it because I must have the bars somehow installed too far forward or I have a different mount than you.

I forgot to mention that I have the front forks raised 20 mm above the clamp, slightly lowering the bike. I wonder if this makes a difference.
  16. Spinalcracker

Spinalcracker former redriderofma

Oddometer:

DOODs

Like I said lets see a video. I'm 6'2" 210lbs and have no problem getting the bike on the center stand WITHOUT the cases but can't get it on the stand with the cases on. It is not due to the added weight I can't get close enough to get the leverage. Maybe I'm doing somthing wrong or there is a technique.
  17. Pomo

Pomo gonzo

Oddometer:
    I'm about 6'1", 190lbs and I can do it no problem. Left hand on handlebar (just to hold it straight), right hand on the passenger grab bar, right foot on the centerstand foot and lift upwards with right hand as you put all your weight on your right leg. If you still have trouble, jam your hip into the side case for some extra leverage.

Triple tree position, barometric pressure, cat proximity, etc have nothing to do with it. I would make a video if I wasn't so dern lazy.
  18. AKTroy

Oddometer:
    Im not going to take the time to make a freakin video of me putting my bike on its centerstand.

All I can give ya is move the panniers towards the rear of the bike till "you" have the room "you" need. Or continue to do as youve been doing.

Either way, be well.
  19. Moto Mikey

Moto Mikey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I felt retarded making this video, but here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39eTat--__k

Make sure you are placing your weight on the center stand footy and stepping down..
  20. soph9

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:freaky