wolfman saddlebags

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by eal1284, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ScottV

ScottV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark, I know it's a little off topic but, just curious about what you pack where? Where do you pack your tools, tent, sleeping bag, etc.? I know you have this packing thing down. Just trying to learn from your experience.

Thanks, Scott
  2. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
  3. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well---this is really not of topic---as it shows where I put what in my wolfman saddlebags----I also have a wolfman enduro tankbag on this bike---and have replaced the motofizz tailbag with a wolfman expedition roll top duffel. Oh---almost forgot---a wolfman toolroll which I put in a guess what ????----wolfman tool bag :D

HHhhhOOOOooooWWWwwwwLLLLLllllllllll :D

Yep---I'm a Wolfman guy for sure !!!

I'm gearing up right now for Alaska----I want everything to be waterproof.

Mark

[​IMG]
  4. ScottV

ScottV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the details. Wolfman does rock. :thumb
  5. aceflyer32

aceflyer32 Snoopy

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark, where do you carry your water for cooking/drinking etc., and how much do you typically carry?
  6. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a 100oz. Mule Camelback on my back at all times and try to keep it full-----I love gatorade and try to carry one or 2 of those--or water bottles also.

I will be carrying a pro-hiker water purifier to Alaska as we plan on not riding the big roads as much as we can---were going to camp most of the time---and believe it or not--BigDog and Dingleweeds are going to fish some. When I carry the water purifier I won't carry any other water than is in my camelback.

Mark
  7. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    My Wolfies shipped yesterday & I'm getting 4 of the Bottle Holsters to stick on them - fuel & water. Gone from 26#'s of cases to about 7# of bags.
  8. Baja_Joe

Baja_Joe Gone Riding....

Oddometer:
  9. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    They'll look great on your horse.

Get motorcycle luggage, it's designed to stay on the bike. I doubt that equestrian gear will hold up to the constant vibration and shock under power at the stitching and attachment points. It's also most likely to be not waterproof/dustproof.

For price and functionality, the Wolfies are a great deal. I'm impressed with the Expedition Dry Bags & Bottle Holsters I just got. I can carry a gallon of extra fuel down low without any strain.
  10. Baja_Joe

Baja_Joe Gone Riding....

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the advice. Yup, these are not horse...:rofl

I have been reviewing what people have to say and Wolfman products seem to be the best.

My $$ challenge is that I have to outfit two (2) complete bikes. My wife and I ride and race dirtbikes and also dual sport. She is really keen to go ride and camp so..... Yes, I am not complaining.

I guess I can contact Wolf to see what they can do to outfit two 1998 DR350s. I bought these bikes with only 2500 miles on them and they seem to be perfect for the more challenging ride and camping we want to do. Plus they have a six spped tranny for the pavement.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the recomendations.

JUST RIDE!!,

Baja Joe
  11. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    Motostrano in the Vendors Forum has free shipping for Advriders. Don't know if their sale is still going on. My bags & bottle holsters were under $300.

The Ortlieb's are pretty good bags too & show up from time to time in the classifieds. Outfitting two bikes can get expensive. Might be worth getting one set of waterproof bags and a cheaper set of denier like Cortechs for other stuff. You can usually find them for well under $100 for a full set of sides & a top bag. Keep an eye on eeeeebay or the internet vendors like Motorcycle Superstore for close outs.
  12. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    What about the Wolfman Rolie system?

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Rolie/index.html

Seems perfect for your DR's and very reasonably priced. I'm thinking of picking up a set as an alternative to the hard luggage I already have for one of my bikes.
  13. kobukan

kobukan almost gnarly

Oddometer:
    Those things look really nice, but they're not very big.
  14. stickerbush

stickerbush Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just received a pair of these bags and that was my first impression as well. They are superbly designed and built but I would really like them to be about 50% larger. I wonder if Wolfman is considering a larger version of these saddlebags.
  15. bklynz00

bklynz00 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just received my wolfman rack, and saddle bags and installed them on my '10 F800GS. The rack system seems pretty sturdy, and the luggage appears rugged. Im excited about my new purchase. One concern, the clearance over the muffler slightly touches, it may need adjustment ??... check out the pic.

The Delivery...
    [​IMG]

Right Side without luggage
    [​IMG]

Left side with out luggage
    [​IMG]

Rear with out luggage
    [​IMG]

Rear with wolfman luggage
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clearance really close here!
    [​IMG]
  16. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    I can get about as much in them as I could get into the Gobis I had on the bike before. It's mostly about what and how you pack. Probably not real great for 2-up needs, but I ride solo so it doesn't matter.
  17. bklynz00

bklynz00 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello,

You guys are right in your assumptions, these bags are NOT that big on volume, careful packing is premium to make the best of the limited space. I'm happy with my purchase overall. Installation was easy, and the products are made with premium material. These bags meet my needs and the volume is appropriate. I plan on getting one of the matching Wolfman Duffel bags to complete my set! :D
  18. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    Here's what I worked out tonight to cover a week long or better trip:

Left Bag - 10#

Clothes
    Hammock with extra lines and tarp
    Under quilt
    Spare drive belt
    2 Fuel bottles in holsters (empty)
    .5L water bottle in carrier (empty)

Right Bag - 10#

30* down sleeping bag
    Thermo Reactor sleeping bag liner/insert
    12' x 12' Guide tarp
    Toiletries & camp towel
    2 Fuel bottles in holsters (empty)
    .5L water bottle in carrier (empty)

Outcast Waterproof Duffle on rear seat - 15#

Rain Gear
    Insulmat pad
    Goretex bivy sack
    First aid kit
    Camp stool
    Bike cover
    Netbook

Because this is not a small bike, I have the luxury of some additional space.

Ozark Trails cooler - on rear tail/rack mount - 20#

This is a complete cook & food pack with 2 .5L water bottles and water purifier. Easy access rear pocket for toilet kit and small steel shovel.

For a smaller bike, I could dispense with the bike cover because it takes up a lot of space, but weighs little, and make do with a modified cooking set up to go in the duffle, leaving the Ozark home. The netbook could also be left behind, depending upon stock market positions.

The bivy sack comes in handy when there are no trees to hang from.

I have a complete tool kit under the seat and a tire repair kit and gas siphon rig under the tail.
  19. ElectroShock

ElectroShock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Found a set of Tetons and Rack for my bike on ebay for a steal.

Hope I enjoy them! :clap
  20. Bonsai Elephant

Bonsai Elephant Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at the Wolfman stuff and liking it a lot, just one question...

Being kind of crap and liking the occasional lie down while I'm offroad I've found the KTM rear racks double well as protection, will the Wolfman racks offer the same heavy duty peace of mind?

Thanks!