Fla flea market-Now with Helpful Checklist

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by NEVERLOST, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    well honestly, I was just sayin that for conversation's sake..

ive got no business with that bike, unless it had a 6 speed wide ratio tranny..:norton
  2. newcastleadam

newcastleadam Artful Tagger

Oddometer:
    For sale is a very lightly used Lincoln PowerMIG 180. Bought it as part of a package deal with a spool gun, not using the welder in favor of another, rather it someone else get use out of it. Original owner used it to repair large scale RC airplanes, mostly with a spool gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You get:
    • Lincoln PowerMIG 180 welder
    • Ground clamp
    • Magnum 100L gun

Here's the product decision from Lincoln's website.

Home Depot lists it at $670, asking $450 local pickup.
  3. Mugwest

Mugwest "You mean this is the REAL world!?"

Oddometer:
    This thing needs a home before the bank takes my late mother's house. I have no need nor space for it.

These pix are grabbed off the web (i'm at work). If there's any real interest w/ you FF's i'll take actuals and put em up.

My late stepfather bought this set-up new in 2005 as a result of his disgust with 2 smaller gasoline gennies during Hurricane Ivan of 2004.

It's a Briggs 7Kw propane unit, Model 04028. It looks like this:

[​IMG]

It comes with a plastic base and hookup gear to run 2 20lb LP cylinders like this:
    [​IMG]

but that wasn't good enough for my Dad. He wanted to be able to essentially run a house for a week or more, like after a major storm. So he bought 3 brand-new Manchester 100lb cylinders (the tall boys :nod)
    [​IMG]

and had a local fabber weld up an angle-iron frame that holds 2 of the cylinders side by side. He intended to bolt the frame to the side of the house

All of this gear is still 100% new and unused. There are zero hours/minutes/seconds on the generator-- it has never been run. I helped my dad unload it out of the pickup in 2005 and we put it in the shop. It has not moved an inch since that day we unloaded it.

Likewise the big Manchester cylinders are completely un-used and have never been filled. It's just like the generator: we unloaded these cylinders and wheeled them out to the barn and they have sat thus for the last 7 years.

Price: looks like this generator is still going for $1800-2000 (think he paid a hair over 2 in '05), and the 100# cyls run from $140-160 each.

I'd be happy with a grand or so for the whole lot.

Additional stuff included: manual, quick-connect regulator for the dual-20lb cylinder set-up pictured above, as well as the polymer base for those small tanks seen in the same pic.

I have no idea how the hell i'd ship this beast, so it'd be great if you live in Pensacola :lol3 I might could get the gen on the back of the GS, but not the tanks :lol3

Cheers, all

MRP
  4. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mug, Call me on the genny. I need to relocate my 12kw just east of here, and need tall boys in it's new locality. That 7kw would work perfect at my house now
  5. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    MAN - that's a SMOKIN DEAL!
  6. Mugwest

Mugwest "You mean this is the REAL world!?"

Oddometer:
    :thumb

No smoking around the propane, Pete!

What i left out of the backstory up there is that my step-dad actually bought four of those 100lb tanks. At the same time he bought a big appliance dolly from HF-- his plan was keep the 2 tanks in the frame filled all the time and shuttle the other 2 around to the filling place down the road on 29. He had the Ranger back then and figured with the dolly he could wheel the filled tanks around by himself easy enough. He always had a pretty good Plan lined up :lol3

I didn't mention the 4th tank in the ad b/c i decided to keep one of them at my house for grill/boiler/Coleman storm duty :nod
  7. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    A man with a plan!

Good thing Buzz has dibs on it.

That way, come this fall, I might can get it for half price!

:hide
  8. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
  9. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider

Oddometer:
    When I read Mug's post, I thought of Buzz immediately. That is funny as hell Pete, thanks for the sig line. :lol3
  10. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    I figured I'd give the Florida folks the first crack at this before I put it up in the FM.

Up for sale is my wife's 2001 DRZ 400 E. It's the e-start dirt model and has a street legal Florida title. :evil

This used to be my bike until I got a KTM. :bert I set it up for the wifey to ride but it's a little too big for her. :bluduh Sooo... it' up for sale or trade. It has 10k miles, Acebis 4.2 gallon tank, Corbin seat, rear luggage rack, new sprockets/chain, case protectors, MCCT, new front/rear wheel bearings, & a Vapor computer. Needs nothing but a new rider. Yes, it has scratches on the plastic and yes it's been ridden off road as intended. I'll include all of the stock stuff with it (seat, tank, extra plastics, etc) including the shop manual and a couple of oil filters/miscellaneous maintenance items.

Asking $2800 or trade +/- $$$ depending on the trade.

Bikes interested in for trade are... Kawasaki Super Sherpa, Yamaha XT250, or a Suzuki DR350(e-start model '94-99).

[​IMG]
  11. Buzztail

Oddometer:
    Yes, it has a harbor freight face shield wind screen :rofl

We all know this bike is legit :nod If it had 17's on it I'd keep it long enough to run a tank of fuel through it :lol3
  12. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
    I'll have you know that one came from Sears. :deal gives it about an extra 5 mph on the top end :wink:
  13. clark-kentski

clark-kentski PartiallyBionic

Oddometer:
    Hey Fellas,im looking to buy a nonchinese 49cc scooter for my my wifes daughter ,somewhere between Fort lauderdale and Daytona,she goes to college up there.It dosent have to be pretty but needs to be trouble free,Thanks:freaky
  14. RichardD

RichardD Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. Das Perp

Das Perp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumperâ„¢

Oddometer:
    How about a KLR 250
  17. Chicken Helmet

Chicken Helmet I'm A Stumperâ„¢

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  18. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

:bluduh
  19. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

No e-start = no good for the wifey.
  20. newcastleadam

newcastleadam Artful Tagger

Oddometer:
    Regarding the scooter, keep an eye on the Gainesville CL, the summer term is ending and consequently many students unload theirs at rock bottom prices (or just abandon them). Classes end on 8/10,