Craig's Thread

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Bloodweiser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. dbarale

dbarale Squiddly slow

Oddometer:
    And now, from the WTF departement:

motocycle for parts - $250 (CHARLOTTE)

<HR>Reply to: sale-qg9gs-1059103202@craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>
    Date: 2009-03-03, 6:33PM EST

This is a ALBANY FMF ms12 i think is on 80s a don't not the problem <TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  2. BrianK

BrianK F'in' half ass lookie boy

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but it is in amazing condescension....
  3. Infracaninophile

Infracaninophile Finding My Way..

Oddometer:
    Wow, interesting pics. Never saw one like this before. In Colorado:

1957 IMZ (URAL) 750 Sell/Trade - $3100 (Eastern Colorado)

1957 M72M 750cc sidevalve,copy of BMW M71, runs, but requires sorting out, matching sidecar also available, great restoration project, parts are available, trade for other interesting motorcycles

Link: http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1058970099.html
  4. dbarale

dbarale Squiddly slow

Oddometer:
    I wasn't trying to be condescending, I really cannot figure out what the guy is trying to say or sell... :dunno
  5. bkrmoto

bkrmoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can type in all caps, but can't be bothered to tell you which model he's selling-

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/1066446935.html

Ad text here-

1972 HONDA MC VINTAGE - $1375 (NEW KENSINGTON)
    Reply to: sale-ry9pm-1066446935@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-03-08, 10:40PM EDT
    BIKE HAS LOW MILES AND IF IN GREAT SHAPE, NOT RUST, ALL ORIGINAL AND RUNS GREAT.
    THIS IS A COLLECTORS THAT ONLY WILL PRICE HIGHER AS IT BECOMES OLDER.
    724-882-7055

:rofl
  6. Bloodweiser

Bloodweiser honestly

Oddometer:
    http://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/1066414492.html

and I quote;

"Brand New "Hello Kitty" Pink Vespa S150 Custom Paint Job $6150,
    sold from Vespa Schenectady with 1 year unlimited mile warranty.

OK, let me start off by saying this Vespa is only available for
    purchase by the manliest of men (or women). My friend, if it was
    possible for a vehicle to sprout chest hair and a five o'clock shadow,
    this Vespa would look like Tom Selleck. It is just that manly.

It was never intended to drive to the mall so you can pick up that
    adorable shirt at Abercrombie & Fitch that you had your eye on. It
    wasn't meant to transport you to yoga class or Linens & Things. No,
    that's what your Prius is for. If that's the kind of Vehicle you're
    looking for, then just do us all a favor and stop reading right now. I
    mean it. Just stop.

This machine was designed by Italy's finest artists and engineers to serve the needs of the man that cheats death on a daily basis. They didn't even consider superfluous nancy boy amenities like navigation systems (real men don't get lost),
    a heated leather seat (real men don't let anything warm near their butt),
    or On Star (real men don't even know what the hell On Star is).

No, this brute comes with the things us testosterone-fueled super
    action junkies need. It has an engine made to outrun the cops.
    It's got special blood/gore resistant upholstery. It even has a first-aid
    kit under the seat. You know what the first aid kit has in it? A pint of
    whiskey, a stitch-your-own-wound kit and a hunk of leather to bite
    down on when you're operating on yourself. The Vespa also has an
    automatic transmission (CVT) so if you're being chased by Libyan terrorists,
    you'll still be able to shoot your machine gun and
    drive at the same time. It's saved my bacon more than once.

Its a two seater, which means it has room for you and that hottie you've had your eye on at
    the gym. A tow hitch can be installed if you find the need to pull your 50 caliber anti-Taliban,
    self cooling machine gun. You can also put in a new windshield to replace the one that got shot out by The Man.

My price on this bad boy is an incredibly low $6150, but I'll
    entertain reasonable offers. And by reasonable, I mean don't walk up
    and tell me you'll give me $500 for it. That's liable to earn you a
    Burmese-roundhouse-sphincter-kick with a follow up three fingered
    eye-jab. Would it hurt? Hell yeah. Let's just say you won't be the
    prettiest guy at the Coldplay concert anymore.

There's only 001 miles on this two-wheeled hellcat from Planet
    Kickass. Trust me, it will outlive you and the offspring that will
    carry your name. It will live on as a monument to your machismo.

Now, go look in the mirror and tell me what you see. If it's a rugged,
    no holds barred, super brute he-man macho Chuck Norris stunt double,
    then contact me. I might be out hang-gliding or BASE jumping or just
    chilling with my ladies, but I'll get back to you. And when I do,
    we'll talk about a price over a nice glass of Schmidt while we listen
    to Johnny Cash.

To sweeten the deal a little, I'm throwing in this pair of MC Hammer
    pants for the man with rippling quads that can't fit into regular
    pants. Yeah, you heard me. FREE MC Hammer pants. "

[​IMG]
  7. dbarale

dbarale Squiddly slow

Oddometer:
    Bloodweiser, that was great! Thanks.

Here's my find of the day. I'll give the ad itself a C- as it is lacking mispelling, caps and displays proper use of punctuation.
    But as for the bike itself, I'm speechless. I'm sure it was a cool bike in its time though...

Reply to: sale-djjgv-1068193772@craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>
    Date: 2009-03-10, 1:10AM EDT

1970 cb 750 chopper. Over 11k invested in this bike. Built in 1981, bored to 823 with lots of custom parts. Cover featured in a 1981 issue of Chopper Magazine. Taking best of show by beating the 1966 version of the Bat man ride in the 1981 Rat hole ralley. Over 200 color shades painted on this bike. Carbs newly rebuilt and electrical componets replaced. More pix are available just send me a e-mail. <TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 1068193772
  8. chiefrider

chiefrider Chrome won't get you home

Oddometer:
    Portland, OR, Craigslist

:tb

1971 Husqvarna Enduro 360c - $2200 (SE Belmont)

<HR>Reply to: see below
    Date: 2009-03-06, 8:11PM PST

Very good condition aesthetically and mechanically, except for lights which are simply not hooked up. Has tags, but they're expired. Clean title. Only 600 miles in odometer, that i believe to be original as per the condition of the bike in general. really fun ride. <TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    • PostingID: 1063925631
  9. kstoo

kstoo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Flame ON!!
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/1069637434.html
    Re: 1966 BSA Spitefire - $9500 (Crazy Person Land)

<hr> Reply to: see below
    Date: 2009-03-10, 10:15PM CDT

I think you should start your "auction" at a higher price. Gosh, it hardly seems high enough with other similar "running" bikes starting at only $3000 to $5000. Please, in the future, do your homework and you will realize that bikes needing a "restorization" are worth at least 3 to 4 times a bike you can ride.

So, I need to know what has got this guy going. I searched "BSA" and I find this:
    2 OLD ENGLISH MOTORCYCLES - $9000 (Beach Park, IL)

<hr> Reply to: sale-w6pdy-1067365199@craigslist.org <sup>[Errors when replying to ads?]</sup>
    Date: 2009-03-09, 2:57PM CDT

FOR SALE: 2 OLD ENGLISH MOTORCYCLES: 1 1968 BSA LIGHTNING; 1 1971 TRIUMPH TRIDENT. $9000. CALL 847-951-9702.

Well, it could happen. maybe he meant for both of them and they are museum pieces. Whatever. I am going back to Crazy Person Land
  10. chiefrider

Oddometer:
    971 BMW R75/5 - $2800 (SE Portland)<HR>Reply to: sale-mpj8n-1069696704@craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>
    Date: 2009-03-10, 9:15PM PDT

Original condition german bike. Brand spankin new rear tire, relatively new front tire. Gauges need new needles, but work otherwise. Needs side covers (battery covers) Couple scratches on the tank (presumably from the fly on pants). Paint is good otherwise, BLACK. Needs nothing to ride, needs carb adjustment/cleaning to start easily... but starts every time as is. Brand new battery, no major rust, brand new pipes ($300). I bought this thinking I wanted a vintage bike for a daily rider, I was wrong. It hasn't been registered since '98 in California. Clean california title. Great bike. Everything works electrically, hi low beam. Crack in headlight lens, but still shines perfectly. Perfect bike to restore with minimal work. See link for more pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/nickymono/1971BMWR755?authkey=Gv1sRgCKCA9MehnML0Yg&feat=directlink
    I am firm on the price. <TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PostingID: 1069696704
  11. chiefrider

Oddometer:
    Portland, OR.....

gt 750 - $700 (east county)

<HR>Reply to: sale-chnrk-1069255647@craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>
    Date: 2009-03-10, 3:06PM PDT

75 gt 750 suzuki, 3cyl water cooled, 2 stroke. runs good. 37k miles. will trade for smaller (250-550) cruiser type bike. this has too much power for beginner like me. recently dumped on right side. needs master cyl resevoir and cap; combination meter (bracket that holds tach & speedo); foot brake pedal. Have original owners manual; clymers repair manual; extra plugs. have clean title in hand. call 775-297-6492 or e mail chefreddog@yahoo.com <TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PostingID: 1069255647
  12. chiefrider

Oddometer:
    1974 R 60/6 BMW Fun bike check it out - $3000 (Vancouver, WA)

<HR>Reply to: sale-wkxez-1070641782@craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>
    Date: 2009-03-11, 1:42PM PDT

1974 R60/6 BMW, Fun bike, check it out! $ 3000.00
    Good Runner

contact Mark @ 360-823-7756 <TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PostingID: 1070641782
  13. zenben

zenben all roads are one

Oddometer:
  14. WooPig

WooPig Redundant

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the link. Still trying to figure out how to post the ad instead. But anyway, somebody needs this stuff.
    older aircooled BMWs
  15. dbarale

dbarale Squiddly slow

Oddometer:
    Just copy and paste, the pics will disappear when the ad runs out though...

older aircooled BMWs in need of LOVE (Fort Worth)

<HR>Reply to: sale-fmbfz-1071309047@craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>
    Date: 2009-03-12, 1:43AM CDT

I have these bits of BMWs for sale. One is a 1966 R69S (with title), one a 1959 R69 (with title), one is an R60 (with title), another, the primer colored one in photo, is a stretched to fit an old VW engine in the BMW frame. Willing to negotiate for the right buyer.

Please contact me via Craigslist email if you're interested. <TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PostingID: 1071309047
  16. CurlyMike

CurlyMike Formerly SaddleSoar

Oddometer:
    I have an e-mail into this one when I saw it on my daily prowl. Have no answers yet. Might be interesting...
  17. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Bemused

Oddometer:
    I like this guy's attitude (ref. GS Resources):

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/1072260723.html

Rare 2-tone Honda CM400 - $6500 (Craigslist)
    Reply to: see below
    Date: 2009-03-12, 2:59PM PDT

Beautiful Honda CM400 with rare, rare, RARE two-tone components. Not too many just like this one, in fact you could call it one of a kind! Sure, it's old, and sure, it has high mileage, but I'm telling you, it's easily worth as much or more than a low-mileage bike 15 or 20 years newer! Why? Take a gander at that RARE two tone format again. And this one was parked for like, 20 years, so you don't even COUNT those years into it's age!

Honda only built a couple like this one in the factory at 4:50pm on a Friday when everybody just wanted to go home and they just mixed and matched whatever parts they had in the bin! My gain is your loss! For goodness sake, don't wait! At this price, I might just buy this one from me myself!

GET REAL! If people are actually buying these ancient bikes from you at these crazy prices, PLEASE, come and work for me and sell MY old crap for a huge profit! I'm begging you!
  18. Cogswell

Cogswell Road General

Oddometer:
    BMW R90

This is on the local board FYI

Mike
  19. Bloodweiser

Bloodweiser honestly

Oddometer:
  20. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer: