Dougie Lampkin wire question

Discussion in 'Trials' started by halmc, Dec 25, 2012.

1. halmc

halmc Turkey T*urd

Oddometer:
    Tallahassee, Florida -- home of good ideas
    * * * 109 hits and no responses * * * as of 12/26, 0527. I think that may be a record!

Just borrowed a well-worn Dougie Lampkin Replica, probably a '99. Runs great, stops fairly great.

It arrived in my possession with no kill button; I have already learned the hard way that it would be nice to have one.

I've searched in vain to find a wiring diagram on line, but no cigar so far. Anybody have one of which I could have a copy or ask questions?

Following another angle, I find in the wire harness, a taped-off section with two wires w/spade connectors connected to nothing. One of the conductors is a white w/red stripe. The other is yellow. The white/red conductor has a male spade connector on the open end and the other end runs through a six pin connector to the ECM. The yellow one goes into the bike's harness.

I'm suspecting that the red/white one is correct for the kill button. However, I don't want to ground it with the engine running, cuz I don't wanna hafta buy an ECM if it turns out to be something that could bugger the ECM.

Reckon the red/white one is the correct one to ground with a momentary kill button?

BTW, the following information is on the ECM DUCATI (!) 34 20 3001 12/99

Lastly, what is a "TRANSVAL" (Made in France) Has one conductor going to it, and presumably, a ground through its bracket.

The red/white and yellow wires
    [​IMG]

The shitty connection that runs to the TRANSVAL
    [​IMG]

The mysterious (to me) TRANSVAL It's about 3/4" X 3/4" X 1.5"
    [​IMG]
  2. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    He was talking about a `Real` Lampkin replica, I already helped him out on another forum. Dougie left Beta to make $$$.
  3. Squanto!

Squanto! Master of Silent Death Supporter

Oddometer:
    Replica?? I bought one (of 2) of Dougies 1999 practice bikes from Beta USA.

[​IMG]
  4. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    That be a `97, appears to be in great shape. The `97 was one of my favorites!!