Waterproof over gloves

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Irish John, Jan 14, 2013.

1. FMFDOC

FMFDOC IBA #63181 Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got my big rubber gloves at Lowe's or Home Depot. (can't recall) I put on my riding gloves and tried on rubber gloves over them until I found a pair that fit. IIRC they were $5 or so.

Yeah... It's a cheap solution, but they are black and the color matches the milk crate on back of the KLR just fine. :deal
  2. hammerhoot

hammerhoot dual season rider

Oddometer:
    rain offs
  3. Jim K.

Jim K. Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Winter gloves from Tourmaster, (Winter Elite, I think) are long gauntlet types. Behind a short zipper in the gauntlet portion is a fold-out, permanently attached, thin, waterproof, over glove. Very clever! It folds so flat that you'd never know it was there, when it's not in use. The best part is that it's always there, not hanging on a peg back in the garage because you were sure it wouldn't rain today!
  4. BlackDogZulu

BlackDogZulu XT fan

Oddometer:
    I had a pair similar to those back in 1980 or so. They worked brilliantly well, but I haven't seen anything similar in the UK since. Another advantage was that I used to cross the Humber Bridge every day, and had to pay a toll of 50p. The little zipped pocket that the over glove fitted in was ideal for the coin. I could pay without even taking the gloves off.

Thanks for the tip, will look these out.
  5. pklop

pklop Motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
  6. MrGoldfish

MrGoldfish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know this thread is several months old, but for those searching for over gloves, my comment might be helpful.

I bought the Rain Off lobster claw gloves and they worked great for keeping the water out. However, I have one compliant and it's a big enough issue that I don't use them anymore. The length of the thumb is way to short. Because of this, for lack of a better term, the material that is in the crotch between my thumb and pointer finger isn't long enough to allow me to grab the handlebar. It's hard to explain, but essentially the material is held away from where the handlebar would normally rest in between your thumb and pointer finger which doesn't allow you to grab the throttle. Now before anyone says that I ordered a small size, let me be clear that I measured my hand using the companies measuring chart and ordered the size up from what they recommended. Maybe I just have overly large thumbs, but they gloves don't work for me, which is really disappointing given the cost of them. It shouldn't be a total loss as my wife should be able to use them when she rides pillion. They will just be way to big for her as she has much smaller hands then I do. But, it's not like she needs to hold on to handlebars and work levers and what not when she is sitting behind me. Anyways, I hope this helps someone in their decision process.

Rant over. :clap
  7. usgser

usgser Long timer

Oddometer:
    x2
    Work well and easy/small to stow when not in use.
  8. Tsotsie

Tsotsie Semi-reformed Tsotsi Supporter

Oddometer:

+ 1 - go to any online Safety Supply store and you will have many to choose from. Get the XXL so that you can wear them over regular riding gloves. And they are cheap there. Been using the same pair for 6 years and thousands of miles of rain. Local stores usually only have XL which are too small.
  9. MrGoldfish

MrGoldfish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you thinking something like this?

http://www.northernsafety.com/Produ...-Grip-Knit-Lined-Natural-Rubber-Safety-Gloves

http://www.northernsafety.com/Produ...yweight-Unlined-Latex-Gloves-40-Mil-18-Length

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ANSELL-Chemical-Resistant-Gloves-6KXY2?Pid=search
  10. Geolander

Geolander Scruffy Nerf Herder

Oddometer:
    I'm cheap, and I'm a 90% dirt rider that likes a lot of feedback from the bars so I wear thin gloves.. I just bring a few pairs of XL powder free latex gloves surgical grade not that it matters. They've kept my hands dry and warmer on wet rides.