2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
  2. ExTex

ExTex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. Davidc83

Davidc83 Long timer

Oddometer:
    you are blaming Honda for your country's high tax and import rates, wow, really; hmmm. Every forum I am on (about a dozen), every Canadian complains about the increase prices they have to pay for their motorcycles-not just Hondas. About the only thing cheaper in Canada then the US is your drugs, wait, found the answer :-)
    I have a snow bird friend who lives in Canada during the summer and Florida during the winter, he complains about the prices he has to pay for pickup trucks in Canada ($5000-$8000 more) for the exact same model and options.
  4. Starkmojo

Starkmojo Chief Totberry

Oddometer:
    Where the valley rises up to the shifting mountain
    My part of my insurance premiums are 4k per year. If I didn't have to pay that I could have a new motorcycle even if it wa 13 k. That's not including copays, rx non covered items etc.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
  5. Ham

Ham Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Remember....Canadians have "free health care"....hehe.
  6. Roadscum

Roadscum Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl. :rofl. :rofl

Regards, Paul
  7. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    "free health care" isn't really free of course, but it's worth a lot more than the premium on most motorcycles. Don't knock it till you're tried it. My house isn't at risk if I get sick. My grandfather's C treatments chewed up a huge portion of their savings and left my grandmother not so well off, despite the company's "benefits for life" policy that they changed after he retired.

I am an American living in Canada, and no way can I afford to move back, even though the generally warmer climate seems attractive much of the year.

The CB1100 is priced way out of the normal range. Most bike are a little more, but the CB1100 is way more.
  8. M3-SRT8

M3-SRT8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been stacking a few miles on the bike.

Turbine smooth. Effortless riding. It's almost cheating.

One thing, though. These Stickers on top of the tank bug me. Is there a way to remove them without destroying them? Heat, or WD-40? I want to take 'em off and save them in an envelope betwixt some wax paper. When I sell the bike 30 years from now I want it 100% origional.
  9. darmahman

darmahman "Illogically Deluded" Supporter

Oddometer:
    I soak for a few minutes in WD-40 then wipe off and heat up. Usually peel right off.

10. Gas Hog

Gas Hog Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer:
    Leave the WD-40 on the shelf.
    Leave the bike outside in the sun so the complete tank gets warm. Then use a hair dryer on the sticker itself. Use fingernail only (no tools) to get the edge up, and peel off in perfect shape.
    Then alcohol to remove any leftover glue.

Clay bar entire tank to glass smooth finish with Meguiar's Gold class Carnauba plus.
    Apply and remove with new microfiber towels.
    Repeat on the side covers and both fenders, exhaust, engine side covers, valve covers, head light, gauges, ect..
    Or at least that's what I did. :huh
    Gary
  11. Phat Ham

Phat Ham Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can buy new labels: http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/511a8dd8f870022e4ccd326a/caution-label

but $17 for a sticker!?!? wtf
  12. Mobiker

Mobiker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hair dryer and then gently peel off. Use WD-40 sparingly to get the glue off. Worked fine on the last new bike I bought
    ('02 FZ1).
  13. kpmsprtd

kpmsprtd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love the CB1100, and as soon as I find a financial way, I want to have one. That being said, I was riding the 2003 CB750 Nighthawk on Sunday. I looked down at the tank for quite a while, noticing that I could not see the top of the engine. And I thought to myself, "I don't mind at all that I can't see the top of the engine. I'd much rather have the extra fuel."

The smaller tank on the CB1100 is not a showstopper for me, but I surely do disagree with the designer who made the decision on tank size. I would NOT have minded a slightly larger tank, something capable of carrying the same 4.7 U.S. gallons that the Nighthawk carries.

Disclaimer: There were also two instances on that particular ride where I needed the extra oomph that the 1100 provides. That is, I needed more get-up-and-go for safety reasons.
  14. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    :eek1

Alcohol? I spilled some alcohol on my Firebird, and it left a mark in the paint I could never get rid of.
  15. dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50 long time rider

Oddometer:
    Substitute the WD-40, like has been mentioned for the alcohol and the adhesive will be removed without harming the finish.

BTW, WD-40 will also remove fresh oil stains from smooth concrete, and won't leave a stain of its own.... tp
  16. Ham

Ham Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Goo Be Gone works well and damages nothing.

Jon 1....you won't win a health care debate with me on this topic. I am a physician who treats truly sick people from Canada just across the border all the time. Your Supreme Court is crammed with cases on just getting a Cat Scan done in your country. But don't worry...we are working hard to join you and your lines. Your stuff is great for the small stuff, sucks when you are really really sick.

I go to CME all the time with your docs....they agree with me. However I think it might be more fun for me to practice up there, especially in regards to earnings....just as long as I can live with the fact that you and I can not do the things we need to properly care for you and your family.

Now back to the CB1100.
  17. Guth

Guth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, yeah, and I am a US citizen with "pre-existing conditions" so I'm guessing that my viewpoints based on my own experiences differ greatly from others. But if you want to talk about the CB1100 then we might find something to agree on.
  18. Scoobynut

Scoobynut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The 1100 provides that extra power in spades, especially the roll-on torque it provides. The few people who have complained about its 'lack of power,' most likely haven't ridden one out there in the real world.
  19. OldF7Guy

OldF7Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Most of the complainers about power are sport bike riders from what I can tell. To them, if your not making 120 hp at the wheel its weak. To be fair, from their perspective I guess it is. I have yet to hear actual owners complain about not having enough power or being disappointed in the power. Its pretty much a non issue to me.

And Scooby, you are right. Most of those guys just look at the specs and dismiss it and have never ridden one.
  20. Gas Hog

Gas Hog Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer:
    First fill up @111 miles was 53.02 mpg..:wink: And that is of course going up and down on the throttle for the break in.
    Been crapy weather combined with little time, but I think I will change out the rear sprocket as it has plenty of power but is too low geared. I need to recheck, but close to 4,000 @60ish is ridiculous.
    With that change and break in behind me this thing might approach 60mpg
    Gary