Moto Overland @ The Vancouver Moto Show

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by toowheels, Dec 27, 2012.

1. toowheels

toowheels on a mission...

Oddometer:
    First off Happy Holidays to everybody and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year (with lots of riding!!)! :ricky:thumb

We are getting ready for the Vancouver Moto Show again this year and there's going to be a lot going on at our booth!

Here's the link for the show Jan 17-20th. in Abbotsford, BC:
    http://vancouvermotorcycleshow.com/
    Looks like there are over 140 different exhibitors so far!! We're at booth #420.

We will have Giant Loop's New Siskiyou panniers on show (they're not available until mid Feb.) and some other new Giant Loop gear that's all to be shown for the first time in North Amercia!!

Teaser pic of the proto panniers:
    [​IMG]

We'll also have the new ZigZag Handlebar bag...

Much more news to come and some show specials too!!

Thanks for checking it out!

Dave
  2. toowheels

Oddometer:
    More details and a Show Special:

Some more details and pics of the upcoming Giant Loop Siskiyou Panniers:
    -70L capacity
    -removable 100% waterproof roll top liners included
    -2 large bellowed pockets up front that will fit up to a 2L bottle
    -zippered mesh pockets under lid
    -multiple lash points for additional dry bags and gear
    -adjustable width for use with or WITHOUT side racks (pic above is without)
    -includes two Hot Springs Heat Shields
    -the typical heavy duty GL construction with the Cordura overlay on the bottom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's more new GL stuff to show too that I'll be posting up...

SHOW SPECIAL!!
    We just got another run of our BMW F800 GS and F700/F650 GS Side Stand Feet done so we're going to do the same special as last year!!

[​IMG]

There are two versions available:
    BMW F800 GS -all years
    BMW F700GS/F650 GS (twin -not lowered) -all years

They share the same features and shape specifically designed not to impede the raising and lowering of the side stand (NO counter leaning!!) and the footprint is 2.5x the size of the stock foot.

-CNC machined from 6061 Alu.
    -come with stainless steel patented Disc-Lock (r) washers and stainless steel bolts. Disc-Lock (r) washers actually mechanically lock and are true locking washers. The only ones recognized by the US Military as such.
    -Black HARD anodized. 2x the thickness of standard anodizing
    -we have had nothing but rave reviews on them!

Here's the entire thread if you want to read about the development (and feedback) of them:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646701

We are going to have these on special at the Vancouver Moto Show but some (most?!) of you won't be there so if you are experiencing some "it's January and I can't ride my bike at all/much (for some anyhow) but I want something neat for it but I don't have any money" Then we'll have a special for you too!

They will be on for $30.00 CAD instead of $35.83 CAD after tax (12% here) at the show and for anybody else; $30.00 CAD and free shipping ANYWHERE in the world (errr if the post goes there that is...so not if you're in the middle of a trip in the Sahara!). :clap

This will be on for a limited time only starting now and we'll be out at the show from Wednesday January 16th. thru to Sunday January 20. The special will go until the end of January and we don't have thousands of them so be quick!

We bill via PayPal. You may use any credit card, no PayPal account needed. Email us at sales(at)motooverland(dot)com if you're interested.

We'll also have info on the 2013 Rocky Mountain GS Challenge! It's August 16-18th. this year. This is the only one in Western Canada so it's your chance to get into the big one! I've been to the first one they held @ Rocky Mountain House, AB so feel free to ask questions.

More news to come!!

Thanks for checking it out!

Dave
  3. shashankmittal

shashankmittal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does the side stand foot work with the factory lowered 2013 F800GS?
  4. toowheels

Oddometer:
    An excellent question shashankmittal!

I had forgotten that there was a lowered F800 available for 2013!

I'll have to look into it and get back to you. It may be the mirror imaged F700 one on it...

In other new findings we've just confirmed that the NEW Husqvarna TR650 Terra side stand foot is the same as the F800 GS. It looked the same in the pics and we just confirmed it with an inmate. We're shipping one out for confirmation and I should know soon. We will also confirm the Strada. That means a great deal is available to Terra owners too!! :D

More to come...

Dave
  5. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Still trying to confirm the answer but all my dealers are closed till Jan 2nd. and the parts fiche for 2013's is not co-operating.

In my research though I see that the seat height between the 2013 F800 GS lowered and the F700GS is the same so I'm guessing they're using the F700GS side stand on the lowered version. That means that our F700/F650 GS version will fit.

I'll confirm as soon as I find out!

Thanks!

Dave
  6. shashankmittal

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dave, appreciate it!

I have access to the BMW parts fiche, so here is the info you need:

So it looks like the lowered F800GS uses the standard (non-lowered) F700 side stand. Would you agree?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. toowheels

Oddometer:
    *That seemed like the answer but in actuality it is a different side stand in real life. It's actually different from the other three...

So to sum it all up
    There are two versions available:

BMW F800 GS -all years
    BMW F700GS/F650 GS (twin -not lowered) -all years

They will be on for $30.00 CAD instead of $35.83 CAD after tax (12% here) at the show and for anybody else; $30.00 CAD and free shipping ANYWHERE in the world (errr if the post goes there that is...so not if you're in the middle of a trip in the Sahara!). :clap

Dave
  8. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Hi shashankmittal,

Yours is well on the way now!

All the others have been shipped too!!

Thanks,

Dave
  9. shashankmittal

Oddometer:
    Thanks! :clap
  10. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Well the demand for the SSFs has superseded our supply of the Disc-Lock(r) washers!!

Don't worry we have more on the way so we're still talking orders!!!

We will have them in stock again at the show so you can pick them up there too no problem.

Thanks for your support!

Dave
  11. toowheels

Oddometer:
    We're going to have a very limited amount of 2012 Giant Loop Great Basin, Coyote and MoJavi saddlebags on sale at the show only!

More details to come!

Thanks,

Dave
  12. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Moto Show Specials!

2012 Giant Loop Great Basin and Coyote Saddlebags 15% Off Limited availability!

MOD "Get Lost" T's $20.00 incl. tax Cash only
    Limited availability!

MOD BMW F800 GS & F700/F650 GS Side Stand Feet Black $30.00 all in (as listed above)
    Cash only

Come check out the entire 2013 Giant Loop line too...Booth #420

Starts tomorrow...see you there!

Dave
  13. snowhawk jockey

snowhawk jockey Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer:
    The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
    Dave!!
    Had a blast with you at the BC Bike show, where we introduced the new Giant Loop 2013. Working with you at the booth was really rewarding, as I could see all the happy GL users you had influenced over the last few years.

Meeting the guys at Touratech Canada was important for me and I was glad to see Jean-Michel. I forgot to grab a TT catalog and my girlfriend was sad when she found out...

The guys at BMWMotorrad and I had a chance to talk, too. After our meeting, I was gifted a copy of UNSTOPPABLE. I am just now discovering how cool that book is, as I didn't know it existed before then.:clap

Lemme know if I can help ya out in any way!
  14. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    Why is there no larger footprint stand for the F658 GS lowered ? Is there some reason why? There is also no centerstand for the F658, as claimed it interferes w/ cornering of the bike, all seems wrong to me maybe you guys have some answers,

BTW love my bash plate and get a lot of complements from the F 658/700/800 GS community, just wish it had come w/ several more MOD decals ---can never have two many---
  15. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Hey Snowhawk jockey!

Great to meet you too and thanks for your help at the show!!
    Hmm when we go riding some day I'm going to have my work cut out for me keeping up to your KTM 950 dirt drifter :eek1

A couple of (crappy) pics of the booth:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The new reflective on the GL bags is really good...obviously!! :lol3

The Siskiyous were on walkabout for various bike fittings so they're not in this pic and the 2012 Great Basin is just dropped on in place as was the Great Basin Dry Bag (it's on top of the Rotopax back there).

I've got a good look at all the 2013 Giant Loop bags now so I'll be able to better answer questions etc. on them. Some great new improvements and of course the new additions; Siskiyou, Zigzag and the Fort Rock. All available soon!

Dave
  16. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Hey BELSTAFF,

A valid question! We just haven't gotten around to it yet and while looking at that version I did notice that it's bigger than the one on the standard height bikes :huh. I never calculated the surface area of it but I suppose it's still needed?

Glad to hear you're liking your bash plate :D --thanks!!

As for stickers just PM or email me!! We just got more and I know some were wanting them and they never got mailed, so let me know!! :deal

Cheers,

Dave
  17. snowhawk jockey

snowhawk jockey Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer:
    The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon

Don't worry, I am usually the sweep rider when there are visiting dignitaries on the ride...:1drink
    Otherwise, it'd be a dust wall for the rest of the group, that day!:eek1
  18. toowheels

Oddometer:
    Last day of the Show Special on the SSF's!! :deal

Please note that the F800 GS version will fit on the Husqvarna TR650 Terra and Strada BUT you may have to touch up the corners of the side stand on the bike a tiny bit with a file. I've gotten them to fit on sometimes without doing anything and sometimes it needs a touch up.

Thanks!

Dave