Android Phones

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by O-man21, Aug 12, 2011.

1. BillMoore

BillMoore Long timer

Oddometer:
    I upgraded a little over a month ago from the original Droid to the Droid Bionic. Added the unlimited hotspot at the same time. Decided to jump on it while they were grandfathering the unlimited plan. Love it so far. Silky smooth, and very fast!
  2. PunkinHead

PunkinHead Moobless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't keep track of technology, so does anyone know if Verizon plans to offer a global ready 4G Android phone? I'm still using the original Motorola Droid which works fine, but I'll be doing a good bit of international travel this winter and it'd be nice to buy cards and use my phone while overseas.
  3. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    you can filter down the smartphones by "global ready "on their website.
    Droid3 & Incredible2
  4. PunkinHead

PunkinHead Moobless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Neither of those are 4G. That's why I asked if anything is coming.
  5. MotoMinded

Oddometer:
    Sorry, There are rumors the Nexus Prime will be. I will be in line to get that thing Nov. 10 (if that is really the launch date) and will update here. I need something that will work in South America in a couple months.:deal

Getting the phone regardless. I do not know at this point if I will also have to get a cheap world phone or disposable pay as go down there.
  6. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    Droid 4 rumors are out, basically a Droid Razr with a keyboard....time for me to upgrade :clap:clap:clap

The Ally is becoming a pain to use as its memory is filled up with all the updates just to the core programs.
  7. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    There are a bunch of apps on sale for 10 cents on the market right now, I think this is day 2 out of 10 that they are doing this for.

Oh and the Droid 4 comes out Thursday from the most recent scuttlebutt.
  8. teomannaskali

teomannaskali Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am holding my breath for a samsung galaxy tab 7.7

I think i can use it as a phone :) but it will be the perfect companion for riding.
  9. MotoMinded

Oddometer:
  10. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
  11. NikonsAndVStroms

Oddometer:
    Does anyone own a Droid 2/3? I'm thinking of getting the 4 soon and wondering how sturdy the phones are. Have you ever dropped them? What cases are you using?
  12. MotoMinded

Oddometer:
    Nexus has one. :dunno
    I cut the cord on the button keyboard after the G1. I now have the DroidX. It took me about 2 days to get used to it. I also use the voice recognition a lot, so less of a reason to type on a little device.
  13. slackmeyer

slackmeyer Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer:
    I got a device with a physical keyboard, but once I got Swype, I never used it again. Guess it's different if you're a proficient texter.

I've got a droid 1, not sure how similar/different they are. It's a sturdy phone, I've been impressed. I'm not easy on phones, either- I'm a carpenter, and it seems like whenever I'm carrying something big and awkward, it ends up supported by the phone in my pocket.
  14. potatoho

potatoho Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer:
    I have a Droid 2. I carry it always but have only dropped it onto tables etc. It's a brick of a phone especially with the heavier battery. The only complaint I had against it was the screen and some flickering with light colors scrolling on black.

It does get kinda dirty every once in a while and I just blow it out with the air hose and it seems fine. I see one little scuff in the corner from where I vaguely recall dropping it. I don't use a case, just a $2 belt loop case because my pockets are full.

I have seen a Droid 1 screen all cracked from a drop. I think that also had gorilla glass so it isn't 100% immune from drops but it does very well against scratches.

I use the physical keyboard for everything.. typing, scrolling (space bar, shift+space). Very rarely do I use onscreen keyboard, I think maybe just for numbers sometime.
  15. MotoMinded

Oddometer:
  16. AZ_ADV_RIDER

AZ_ADV_RIDER Demons In My Helmet

Oddometer:
    My Droid 3 is pretty tough with the Gorilla Glass plus I'm hard on my phones and the D3 is holding up well despite the abuse - I'm still going to get a D4 when it comes out (was suppose to be today but looks like the end of the month now or later).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. MotoMinded

Oddometer:
  18. gazoo

gazoo Wandering

Oddometer:
  19. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e3Y18C72r8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Picked one up on a smoking deal before I couldn't get one.

Liking it so far....
  20. Rafiki

Rafiki Some Dude

Oddometer:
    damn.
    I'm going on 3 weeks with my razr.
    went from a D1 to this and I love it.had I known about the 4 I probably would have gotten it.

Oh well,next cycle.lmao