X-Challenge - Accessories/Farkles

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Redbull Addict, Nov 19, 2007.

1. DoucheBag

DoucheBag feminine hygiene product

Oddometer:
    cost is $810 + $50 if you want the GPS top plate(still waiting on mine)...http://www.emigracing.com

Heres a picture of the kit I snatched from Trailace's pictorial thread...
    [​IMG]

No welding required, realitvley easy to install if you follow the steps. Hardest part for me was drilling out the ignition bolt...

It has greatly improved my overall handaling and completly eliminated my annoying wobble. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup EMIG :D
  2. "A"

"A" numbum

Oddometer:
    Which stabilizer did you select - the Revolution I or II ? I notice the handlebar mounts are rubber mounted. Is there any difference in the amount of vibes coming through the bars compared to standard ? My left hand suffers from the vibrations transmitted during 700km plus rides.
  3. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    This is another option, available from Best Rest Products in the US from $650.00..

[​IMG]

No welding, raises the bars by about half an inch and has the benefit of three modes (so same as revolution I and II plus the Scotts all in one unit).
  4. DoucheBag

Oddometer:
    Revolution I, I'd say it reduces felt vibration by about 20%, so noticable less, but at the end of the day it;s still a thumper. The best thing I've found for vibration reduction has been the Pro-Grip DS Rally grips... http://http://www.jcmotors.com/pm-6720-204-pro-grip-dual-sport-rally-grips-model-737.aspx
  5. DoucheBag

Oddometer:
    looks real clean, but do you have to drill the stock clamp?
  6. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    SteveRed--can't find this on the BestRest website. Got a link?
  7. smithy1

smithy1 been here a while

Oddometer:
    Those steering dampers are SWEET!!!... but you really don't need to spend all that $$$ for that fancy machining.

Here is my simple design that works great (No, I am not making/selling these). Flat plate with 4 holes dilled in it, 2 of the holes are tapped. Trim to fit and you are on your way. It also moves the bars foward and up a bit (much needed for ergo. anyway). The only thing I recomend is to get one of those bolt on posts to avoid the welding on the frame.

ROC damper came from Adventures Workshop.

[​IMG]
  8. DiscoDino

DiscoDino Long timer

Oddometer:
    AWESOME - I wish I had the machining availability to do this...great job as always Shawn on being innovative...
  9. DoucheBag

Oddometer:
    Who other than TT makes a rear luggage rack for the Challenge? I'm in desperate need of one. The TT's $$$, is it worth it? Is there something out there that has a heat sheild for soft saddle bags on the muffler side? Any sugestions would be much apreciated.
  10. Motor-110

Motor-110 ...respect my Authoritah!

Oddometer:
    About the rear luggage rack, my bike came with the large TT rack. It works as advertised; don't know what other viable (cheaper) alternatives there are.

With regards to to soft saddle bags and the muffler, that was a big concern for me as well. I went with the Dirt Bagz (bags and racks). Tons of space between the rack/bag and the exhaust. In my case, a Leo Vince x3 which seems to be pushed further out from the bike than the OEM exhaust.

If you want photos, contact me at elkhornss@mac.com and I will send you some.
  11. tdv

tdv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wonder if it's going to be any different from this one for F650:
    http://www.advdesigns.net/f6si.html
  12. 1 Bored Clerk

1 Bored Clerk Should've taken a left turn at Albuquerque

Oddometer:
    If you are so inclined, there doesn't appear to be anything on that plate that you couldn't do with a hacksaw, drill, and proper tap. Oh, and lots of elbow grease. I've not seen anyone mount a damper quite like this. Wonder how long it's been running like this and how it's holding up...:ear
  13. ChuckHazzard

ChuckHazzard Registered Lurker

Oddometer:
    The corn state,11 curves in 318 miles (Iafalls IA)
    I guess we will have to wait and see.

As of last night it wasn't on their website!
  14. RoyB

RoyB Dartmouth, Massacusetts

Oddometer:
    There is a group buy on the Scotts steering damper over here on thumpers somewhere.

And as far as luggage racks, BMW, Hepco Becker, TT, Twisted Throttle, and a few German companies all make them.

I like the Hepco Becker, but I made my own out of an old compressor handle....:evil

[​IMG]
  15. RushyUKOK?

RushyUKOK? Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was someone in here talking a vendor into doing a graphics kit for XC or did I imagine it. I've done a search on the 2 main XC threads but I can't seem to find anything :dunno
  16. TymeRider

TymeRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  17. smithy1

smithy1 been here a while

Oddometer:
    Well, I put it on early last summer and rode the piss out of it in the south jersey pine barrons and then put it through 350+ miles of the 2008 BITD Vegas to Reno race (V2R ended when I ran out of front tire tubes). Works great.

I recently took the damper off to put on another bike but I am still running the adapter plate.
  18. DRONE

DRONE Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer:
    If you're not fussy about looks, there's a muffler heat shield from Dan Vesel that works with throwover saddlebags. Costs about $35. Here's the link.

On the TT rack, I'm getting a custom rack plate made that's 14" wide that mounts directly to the TT rack and replaces the TT plate.

[​IMG]

I'll post pics over in the XCountry thread when it's done. I've asked the guy to give me a price for 10 of them and will put together a group buy if there's any interest. (The four holes on the sides connected with straight lines are actually two slots. The drawing program couldn't draw slanted slots.)
  19. janner

janner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Read somewhere that Bakersfield Police in Ca are using XChallenge for patrols.

Anyone have any photos? Have not been able to find any on the net.

Would be interesting to see their accessories/farkles.

Thanks.
  20. Agave

Agave El Corazón

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]