Farnsy's Ohio TagOrama

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by dragoon, Mar 15, 2008.

?

1. .

2. .

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    "Just Go"! :wink:
  2. bikeneil

bikeneil Been here awhile

Oddometer:

It's closer than some of my other file photos. :D I need to build up my supply.

Sion and I had a race home to see who got the last tag, he showed up as I was getting ready to leave.
  3. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Easy for you to say, slacker. :D
  4. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Get a smartphone and post the pic from the tag location. :thumb
  5. bikeridermark

Oddometer:
    You're talking about two of the tightest guys in Ohio! :rofl:rofl
  6. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, you can't bring Skittles to a gun fight.

:hide
  7. vivid dadas

vivid dadas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice tag
  8. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Fire Department, ( New) Matamoras
  9. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Previous tag, I'm not really sure what the name of this town is. It is listed on different maps as both New Matamoras and Matamoras, the city limits signs - there are 2 right next to each other - say both New Matamoras and Matamoras.... our WV friends call it New Mat, that's what I have heard most people refer to it as. Anyway....

New tag, in keeping with the volunteer FD theme, is in a town you might think was founded by freed slaves, and not too far from a lake whose name always makes me think of "chlamydia". Never far from the gutter, my mind is.

Side note, the bike is a bit muddier in this picture than the other tag shot in New Mat... I rode a ton of Monroe County dirt roads on the way home, and managed to get stuck in the mud on a downhill abandoned road that was apparently still in use by the Amish, meaning it was muddier than shit and all torn up from hooves and wagon wheels. Ended up having to strip the bags off, lie the bike on it's side, and drag it out of the rut; then walk it under power about 1/4 mile back up the road I had just come down. Took about an hour.... :lol3

[​IMG]
  10. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Nice tagging and good story Mark, still enjoying that Yammie? I guess you didn't like the windscreen? I think, in another thread, Mike G alluded to a tire issue, what are you running now?
  11. vivid dadas

vivid dadas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice tag on a (I thought,) very cold day.
  12. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    It's growing on me.

Shinko 705s, which (incredibly) are much nicer than the stock Metzler Tourance EXPs... the Metzlers I literally had to fight at low speeds to get the bike to turn, the Shinkos just flop right over, nice and easy.

The windshield sucks. The buffeting is so bad it is honestly almost unbearable. The Madstad bracket I tried in an attempt to cure the buffeting also sucked. No windshield is the most comfortable for me, but it looks retarded. I've been looking for some option to cover up the exposed mounts, like maybe a Buell Lightning flyscreen, or a GS flyscreen, or something. At some point I need to fly to Japan and kick the windshield designer right in his little yellow dick.
  13. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm seriously thinking about trying them on the WRR. I suspect that 80/20 will be my ratio. And I figure I can buy a shit load of replacement tires before I can cost-justify spending 1K on moto rims on the WRR.

:rofl
  14. bikeridermark

Oddometer:
    On my Wee, I ended up moving my Madstad brackets to the lower than stock height, tilted halfway back, and it worked great! Good wind protection and quiet around the helmet.
    I tried every high position to no avail, and was ready to write off the brackets. YRMV.
  15. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I had them on the WR and liked them quite a bit. Good all roads tire, gravel, pavement. Not great in mud. Last a while on a light bike.
  16. ruppster

ruppster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tuesday's are no good for me, but if you're down this way again, let me know. I'll be happy to follow you around & take pics (or video) of the Tenere stuck in the mud. :lol3
    I may even be able to keep you from the predicament... BTW, what road was that? I'm a little weak on road knowledge north of Woodsfield.
  17. SquidRavioli

SquidRavioli Beer Snob

Oddometer:
    I just put them on my F650, I have only put about 50 miles on them, but I'm happy thus far.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Groves Rd, TR 38 / TR 111, east of Malaga off of SR 145.

GPS shows it as a through road, but looking for it now on Google Maps it is obviously not.
  19. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Yeah, it's what I have been running on my Strom for probably the last 3 years or so. I like them quite a bit but I'm not expecting them to last long under a heavy bike. Guys with the 1000 Strom report not stellar mileage, but WTH, they are fairly inexpensive still.
  20. McTacticool

McTacticool Importer/Exporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

James W Clark fire station, Freeport Ohio
    Although it was a stop on the Underground Railroad in it's day, more recent notoriety came when the local Czar led the townspeople to cross the nearly frozen Lake Chlyamedia, and then launched a daring midnight raid on the mods of ADVrider, and thus, successfully freed Whitey.