World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    We have matching camo :D - but the Korean skins are laid over that as well (the white ammo logos and such). The skin doesn't effect the camo
  2. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Yep, we all have good taste in tank decorations.....
  3. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I carry 5 "gold" rounds per tank (i.e. gold rounds that I pay silver for) as my default loadout. I have a Tier III that I load all gold in (they are so cheap) and I think I carry 40 in my Churchill IIII (it holds 140 rounds). I like to have them for situations where they can make the difference - say the battle is close and I come up against a tank I'm having trouble penn'ing.

That said, sometimes I'll use them quite a bit depending on what my "overall objective" is in the tank I'm playing.

If I'm grinding for XP I want to do more damage so I will shoot the gold and get the extra XP.
    If I'm grinding for silver I don't shoot the expensive rounds (unless I have to).

Right now I'm grinding the ISU-152 to the OBJ 704. I'll shoot all 5 of my gold rounds in the ISU every round because it'll give me more XP each round due to damage done.
    My Hellcat on the other hand, has already unlocked my T25/2; I haven't fired a gold round in it since except in that rare case where it was going to win the battle for us.

Owning things like the T34, FCM50t, SU-122-44 and other premium tanks make getting silver so easy that the cost factor is negligible because they make so much money easily/quickly. Just casually playing I find myself with a 7 figure silver pile without paying attention (I tend to play each premium once/day to get its x2 - then switch to the tanks I want to play).

If they cost actual gold - I wouldn't use them at all.
  4. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    The above post got me to thinking - of the premium tanks, which have you gents found to be the biggest money makers?

I think for me it is the T34.
  5. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
  6. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Type59 for top profit margin, Super Pershing for lower cost of purchase, cheap ammo/repair profitability. T34 is probably close in 3rd place.
  7. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:

I appreciate the link, I've seen that chart and don't know that I agree with it anymore.

The Lowe for example, has been nerfed so badly that I do not earn squat with it.
    It is missing the FCM50t and the SU-122-44 which are two tanks that I make a bunch with.
    It is also missing the TOGII and the Churchill IIII - two other tanks I make really good coin with (for their Tier).

I'd like to hear what real-world our FYYFF members are finding. :lurk
  8. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I agree that the Super Pershing is close - but for me the T34 has the ability to have a "big pay day" once in a while.. where you make 130,000+ coins because of the amount of damage inflicted. A big pay day in the Super Pershing I find more to be 80k'ish.

Overall they probably are pretty close for me... the difference being the T34 is doing 400'ish damage per shot whereas the SPersh is doing 250'ish.

The FCM I find doesn't get "huge" paydays .. but it seems like EVERY round in it is 40k or 50k as opposed to 25k.

Of course I'm pulling all of these numbers out of my arse...

...all that said, the Tier 7 SU-122-44 can make some bucks.. I've had several rounds in it in the 90k range:
    [​IMG]
  9. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
  10. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    So that is the last 30 days?

If the Lowe is still above the Super Persh. and the FCM and the SU-122 .... then I definitely need to figure out how to play my Lowe. It seems to me I'm on the losing team most times I play the thing.. apparently I need to figure out how to better make an impact.

:scratch

**paste**
    Data for this statistics is based on
    786,353 battle results
    of the last 30 days with
    23.59 Mio tanks participated.
    Effects of Premium Accounts have been removed.

what does the last line mean?

**paste**
    1. Type 59 380,521 33,057.98 cr
    2. M6A2E1 3,598 32,542.55 cr
    3. T34 567,794 31,037.48 cr
    4. Loewe 366,990 31,026.55 cr
    5. WZ-111 149 30,844.42 c

p.s. that WZ-111 is up there already! Has anyone tried one? What do you think if so? :lurk
    edit: actually .. that is based on 149 battles - that could be just one good guy playing it :rofl
  11. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Premium accounts get a 50% bonus on credit and xp earnings. They remove that bonus for the premium account guys that reported their earnings, so that the playing field is level for comparisons.
  12. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    So for what we are discussing - what makes money - you need to double the numbers on each of the premium tanks because that's the money we actually get. I dunno how them removing this effect "levels the field" - as you get what you get.. not half :dunno

...unlike the "event coins" which only are made during the event; then things return to normal.
  13. frecks

frecks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's not double for premium. They make 50% more (150% of original amount), whereas double would be 100% more (200% of original amount). It's trying to give an accurate comparison based on the tank, regardless of premium account status, so they normalize the data. With a premium account, you would earn 1.5 x the credits, but the repair and ammo cost would stay the same. The chart still gives you a very good idea of what tanks are most profitable because the effect of a premium account will be the same regardless of which tank you're playing.
  14. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    The site shows the win records of the folk that are reporting for it. Note that they have >60% win rates.

Highlight 50% more revenue, not 50% more profit. Instead of words, enjoy math:

T34 w/o premium:
    40k reward - 8k repairs - 7k shells = 25k profit

T34 w/ premium:
    60k reward - 8k repairs - 7k shells = 45k profit

T26E4 w/o premium:
    30k reward - 8k repairs - 2k shells = 25k profit

T26E4 w/ premium:
    45k reward - 8k repairs - 2k shells = 40k profit

If you run a premium account, the T34 generates substantially more credits than the Super. I think my rearm numbers for the T34 are low, and the rearm numbers for the T26 are high. For premium accounts that would further increase the disparity in profit.

It is very near double the profit for a premium account.
  15. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    BTW, this is what I was complaining about last night. Splat :eek1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ak2MOiM9znE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]
  16. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    I, for one, don't know why people goon over gross, instead of net. If you earn 100,000 credits, but blew 90,000 on the ammo to earn that, what good is it over a tier 1 that can net the same, in a well-played battle?
  17. Wheedle

Wheedle I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer:
    I love it when you're the only one who moves to protect an often, easily attacked flank, and one of the idiots who just rush straight in and dies in the first volley gives you crap about being useless. I was playing Dragon Ridge this morning with the T14, mixed tiers 4-7. We were on the north base, and I moved west to take position on the terraces to cover the center and west flank. I popped two tanks that peeked over the hill in the center and they went back down and moved east out of view. Then, I killed a JagdPzIV that was trying to get a firing position down the ridge at D7. Then two of theirs made our base, and I reset cap twice and took one of them down to 10% with no support before the last of my teammates died and then I was done for. All the while this asshole with no kills who died within the first three minutes is giving me crap about being useless. I mean, what the hell was I gonna do in the T14 go charging back up the hill at 2mph to save his ass and leave the right flank wide open? Ugh...
  18. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    That's one of the reasons I like that mod that frecks posted earlier (the one that replaces % health with damage on the team results screen). It also changes your credit display on the main results screen to net instead of gross.
  19. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Easy solution......hold Left CTRL, right click their name, add to ignore list....
  20. Wheedle

Wheedle I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, I've been getting 'Steel Wall' with my elited KV1 left and right lately. It's been my money and xp maker the last week or so.