I'm starting to get the anti-HD vibe

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by DynaSport, Oct 2, 2012.

1. waveydavey

waveydavey happy times!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Maybe the limited success that you are having in expressing your self is due to your limited understanding of how to enjoy your ride. The venting you are doing here will not change the world and make all those slow riders get out of your way. It will however reinforce your feeling that you can not enjoy your ride because of those slow riders. A simpler and more effective solution would be to relax, enjoy the scenery and be patient. Your attitude is the only attitude that you can effectively change.
  2. DynaSport

DynaSport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You seem to be displaying a tremendous amount of interest in my underwear.:hmmmmm
  3. 2tallnwide

2tallnwide Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

:deal
  4. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    For crying out loud, if a fellow rider wants to go faster, get the hell out of the way and let him go.

Sanctimonious spoilsports with attitudes.
  5. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:

Why post that pic? Everyone already knows that cyclists are douchebags.

:hide
  6. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

The same can be said about someone that wants to force others off the road just because they are trying to enjoy a nice relaxing weekend ride .... on a public road no less..:deal
  7. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    You know, I really don't think I agree. If you are just toodling along at the posted speed or at the limit of your comfort zone in primo twisties, taking in the sights, then it's no big deal to move over and let the faster/better rider by. I mean, it's not like you're in a hurry.

Move over. You get to enjoy your sightseeing ride and so does the rider who likes to ride faster.

And this from a guy who rides a Harley.:lol3
  8. 625SXC

625SXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AHMEN BRUTHA'!:freaky
  9. Cakeeater

Cakeeater Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's a lot of whining here.

I let faster riders go past cuz I don't want someone on my tail and I REALLY don't want some asswipe to plow into my backside when I hit the brakes to avoid deer/rocks/drunk. And if they pass me it's kinda interesting to find out what happens to them farther down the road if they crash or get nailed by the cops.

However, when I come up on people I never expect them to "let" me pass. it's nice if they do, but I don't get upset if they don't make way for me. I understand if I'm passing people I'm generally speeding, and I don't expect people to aid me.

Most importantly, if I can't pass another rider or group of riders or car or truck or haywagon on a freakin' motorcycle when I go solo then I should get my mancard pulled. And I ride a slow motorcycle.

Cakeeater
  10. Nadgett

Nadgett Obnoxious, dimwitted blowhard

Oddometer:
    What kind of Nancy boy motorcycle rider can't pass a slow-moving vehicle unless the driver/rider of that vehicle "lets" them? :huh If you can't pass a slow-moving vehicle on a motorcycle you shouldn't be riding in the first place.
  11. fhowell55

fhowell55 poser

Oddometer:
    I feel your pain.

I read your ride experience. All you can do is, if they won't get over,
    do your best to pass safely and rapidly.

I also read several posts beyond your post. Loved that post from one of our ADV
    members saying "if they're going the speed limit, they have no obligation to
    make way for you."

TO HELL WITH THAT ATTITUDE. if someone is gaining on me, no matter what
    speed i am riding or driving, i make way. the left lane (or the middle of the road)
    is for passing. period. i tell my kids to yield to people who are going faster than
    they are.

and i double-loved a quote in the ADV member's post at the bottom. (the one
    who says being a rolling road block is fine and dandy.) the quote is
    WAKE UP AMERICA.. what a JOKE.

i bet he's the one at the rally, holding the sign saying
    "Keep the Government out of my Medicare."

12. capriccio

capriccio Long timer

Oddometer:
    This thread as been reposted so many times in so many forms 205 doesn't apply anymore, its mental masturbation till the cows come home. The HD riders pay taxes and are entitled to their pursuit of happiness, especially when there is many more of them to kick your ass if your pursuit happiness interferes with theirs.
    To the OP, try revolving around the world cause it ain't gonna revolve around you, just the way it is.
  13. scrannel

scrannel Scrannel

Oddometer:
    Wow. This post committed suicide pretty quick. On one long weekend of riding, the most courteous, competent (and not slow) rider I came across was a guy on a big Harley. The biggest douche bag, rudest asshole (and dangerous) rider I came across was a guy... on a big Harley. Gosh, maybe it's the rider and not the bike? It's polite to move over to let someone pass. I do it in a car, with a bike it's barely an effort. I must admit until this thread I'd never read another rider say they enjoy their ride, blocking other bikers.
  14. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

:nod Especially that last part.

Whether or not you agree is inconsequential. It is the still the truth.
  15. scrannel

scrannel Scrannel

Oddometer:
    Right Ginger, unless you're following fifteen bikes that don't leave spaces. You can do it, but it's dangerous.
  16. waveydavey

Oddometer:
    If you are following 15 bikes that are riding so close together that there are no spaces, then you probably should not pass them. 15 riders riding in a tight pack. hmmm. who could that be? (Chances are that they are not going that slow.)
  17. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Kilroy was here

Oddometer:
    At least around here not only are they "slow" but they're 1/2 the speed limit slow. At least the HD riders. The squids at least hit the limit before they wad.
  18. waveydavey

Oddometer:
    And yet they ride in a tight group. at half the speed limit. so they have some riding skills but ride real, real slow. wow. I would never have thought that, I stand corrected. carry on.
  19. dbuzz

dbuzz Citizen of the world

Oddometer:
    Yep ... there is usually no reason to block another bike. It is legal here for bikes to lane share so you aint even breaking the law to let them slip by in your lane.

Mind you I was recently out for a tootle on my Hardley when I had cause to block a sportsbike rider for a short while ... even gave the slow down signal which he chose to ignore. Anyway he blasts by me giving me the finger :eek1 :cry I couldn't actually hear the swearing from inside his helmet (but could imagine it) as he passed the mobile radar van that was parked not too far around the next corner :lol3 I knew it was there having just come by it 10 minutes before :D
  20. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Kilroy was here

Oddometer:
    Lol. Now that's a good reason to impede traffic.