Craigslist makes me sad. Honda CB750 content.

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by zoo mob, Oct 10, 2012.

1. zoo mob

zoo mob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This came up last night three hours from my house. Talked to the guy, super-nice and the bike looked all original with the exception of the exhaust, it even has the original airbox which you almost never see. Offered to send a paypal deposit immediately and pay asking price. Sadly, no paypal account. He would have held it for a couple of hours this morning, but sadly, life and work gets in the way sometimes. Missed the dream bike this time, on to the next one I suppose.

[​IMG]
  2. Kt-88

Kt-88 I like everything.

Oddometer:
    Damn, that was beautiful.
  3. caponerd

caponerd Kickstart Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    The sad part is that it may have gone to some asshole who wants to build a "bobber" out of it.

Worse yet, an ebay "shark" who knows it's worth more in pieces than it is as a whole bike.
  4. CoyoteCowboy

CoyoteCowboy Easily Distracted

Oddometer:
    That sucks. My K2 750 is for sale, but thats probably a little farther than you want to go for a bike.
  5. nashopolis

nashopolis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry you missed your bike

craigslist is its own sort of adventure - that is for sure!

I guess we have to console ourselves with the knowledge we see many many more bikes now than if there was no craigslist. Unfortunately when looking ....so does everyone else!

fortunately there is always another rock to look under next week
  6. hoodellyhoo

hoodellyhoo Dummy

Oddometer:
    I check CL every morning and if that dream bike came up I wouldn't hesitate to call into work and go get it. Luckily I'm poor right now and the opportunity hasn't presented itself so I don't have to worry about it.
  7. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    I found myself in that position a year ago but had not checked CL while online earlier before coming to work. It was not until I was at my desk that I found that dream bike. A more nerve wracking day you've never had than the one I spent trying to get away from work (already short of staff) and way the hell out into the country to get my money to the guy before someone else did. I must have done something right to deserve the outcome and the guy, bless his heart, did not accept a higher offer from another buyer. I wish everyone such luck in these ventures, unless you want the same bike I do.
  8. Motoduc1

Motoduc1 backtrackvideo.com

Oddometer:
    These things always pop up when we don't have the $$$. Cruel game!
  9. lrutt

lrutt SILENCE.....i kill you

Oddometer:
    timing is everything. I snagged a nice Moto Guzzi Lemans (1977) by being first call, first with money. Luckily it was a stones throw from my BIL so he went over and bought it for me while I sent him the money.

The seller actually tried to talk me out if it as he confessed he received so many calls on it. I truly lucked out on a sweet Lemans.

Patience is waiting for just that right buy but then not being afraid to jump in with both feet at a moments notice when it shows up.
  10. jeepstream

jeepstream Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought my CB750k0 off Craigslist a few years ago. I was lucky enough to check CL within 15 minutes of the posting. It's in my garage now.
  11. zoo mob

zoo mob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. lrutt

lrutt SILENCE.....i kill you

Oddometer:
    I hate that. but I guess the good part is that it just drives the value up on the bikes we do own.