SPOKANE Area Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by PNW Buttercup, Aug 13, 2010.

1. professorkx

professorkx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not familiar with Marble Creek, but please give me GPS coordinates or landmark that I can find on a map and I will build a route to/from Marble Creek for a day of exploration. I can build routes fast and reroute on the fly during a trip, so this is my preferred method of exploration.

As for hiking, knees don't allow for much hiking, so do all or our travel on the Tiger...

Edit: I think I found Marble Creek. Check out the GPS route to be sure...

Attached Files:

2. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Waiting for that day

Oddometer:
    Thank you, Professor, for the well-informed input. Hope to check this out sometime. I have been over Moon Pass before but it has been years.
  3. chinook1

chinook1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A couple of us middle-aged adventure newbies will be departing from Westside Motorsports around 10am tomorrow morning for the Rally. We'll probably take Hwy 28 across the basin, then find some easy gravel down to the Wenatchee. We'll be on a '13 DL650 (Jeremy) and an R1150GS (Dave). Welcome to join if you wish...

Jeremy
  4. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll take a look at it tonight. Marble Creek is right around the 35 mile mark up the river road IIRC, or about 15 miles below Avery. There is an interperative center with some logging history right where you turn off the St. Joe road, and the remnants of some splas dams heading up Marble Creek road.

As to Slate Creek-the northernmost few miles, from Slate Creek Saddle north to Moon Pass is a bit sporty, as you said, there are a few exposed rocks. No issue on my WR250R, but given my lack of experience I think they would cause ME to pucker a bit with my V-Strom. I'm sure you, or any more experienced rider, wouldn't have an issue with a big bike. An alternative to get to Slate Creek Saddle is to run up Moon Pass Road right to the pass (about the half way point). Take the road to the right, it takes you right to the saddle and is a nice, smooth road, but doesn't see much traffic. Turn left to get down to the Joe. I agree with you, from there south, easy on any bike, as is the "ATV trail" loop going north from Avery.
  5. professorkx

Oddometer:
    I had forgotten the connector at the Moon Pass saddle, as I don't ever take that route, so thanks for pointing that out for those riders less experienced, as this eliminates a "pucker" section. No reason to get anyone in a situation where their experience is not sufficient for the trail. When I lead rides, I always make sure we split the group in more difficult sections like this to ensure we don't ruin the day with broken bikes or bodies.

You know, the best way to move the "pucker" needle is to ride those little difficult sections. :evil:ricky Following someone up that is experienced so you can follow their lines will also build your confidence.

At the top of that little section, my wife commented that she noticed that I can put my front wheel anywhere I choose, and I picked the most difficult lines all the way up. I pointed out that since the rear wheel has to follow the front wheel, I just have to worry about the front wheel placement and throttle control and enjoy the ride. Sometimes it's just that simple...
  6. Kootenai Rider

Kootenai Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^^This. You won't improve at things you don't practice. e.g. my golf game :deal
  7. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD!

Oddometer:
    The rear wheel only follows the front wheel if you are riding in a straight line. It's very important to know that for any technical riding.
  8. WU7X

WU7X The Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jeremy,

I hope you had a great time there. I heard there were over 300 bikes there this year. I caged it and met up with my Northwest Overland friends. We went through 3 keys in 2 nights. Kinda hard to carry a keg on a bike. Guess I could have used my hack to bring another one over for the bikers. Maybe next year. :lol3 There were two hacks that I saw; a very cherry 1960 R69 Beemer with a Steib car and a 1150 GS. In total I think there were over 800 participants there. Everyone I talked to said the rides (both 2 and 4 wheel) were outstanding. Hope more people from the Spokane area show up next year.

My new to me '83 R100RT should be on the road some time this week. May not be a dirt bike, but anything I can throw a leg over is an adventure for me. :D

Dale

9. professorkx

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, I don't think I said that the rear follows is the exact same track...

I raced national off road and ISDE qualifiers for years, and I promise, you control where the front tire goes and the rear will follow. Standing will help as well, as the rear end action will not affect your body position.
  10. Dr. Hemlock

Dr. Hemlock Honky Mofo

Oddometer:
    I decided to burn the tread off my Scorpion Trail front tire before mounting the new MT90AT. Took a 3-day, 1200-mile trip down the WA side of the Columbia, into western Oregon to visit family, then east over the Cascades for some camping.

I only had my cell phone for pics/vids; here are several.

[​IMG]
    ^^Stumbled upon Ukiah-Dale Forest State Park just before dark and paid ten bucks. A little black bear sat across the creek watching me set up camp. Boring Bear Video

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. professorkx

Oddometer:
    Awesome!!!
  12. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Waiting for that day

Oddometer:
    ^^^ Yep, cool stuff for sure, Hemlock. I like how you roll! :D
  13. rdhamg

rdhamg DoingIt2Up

Oddometer:
    Leaving this morning for six day ride. Making a clockwise loop through central Idaho. Weather is going to be great. Navigator has route planned with minimal asphalt. Bike is loaded and I am patiently waiting for navigator to wake up! It is probable good that she will start the trip well rested, the driver (me) has already been up for a hour! Can't wait to get some dirt under the tires. Hope everyone has a good week, mine is going to be great!
  14. AFVET84

AFVET84 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun, Take some pics! My navigator and I like to ride the dirt roads to. Summers to busy for us to do much more than day rides though. Have a blast!
  15. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Have a great time, take lots of pictures to show us and make us envious. :deal
  16. professorkx

Oddometer:
    If you have your route files, feel free to attach, as we may be able to capitalize on your routing efforts. <label for="rb_iconid_27">:wink:</label> Have fun...
  17. professorkx

Oddometer:
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> With the whole fourth of July camp trip in shambles because of a truck issue, we would be staying close to home for the weekend and decided we needed a ride on the Triumph Tiger (“Reload” as it has become known in my family). I have a number of day routes I have created for the GPS, places I want to go or simply trying to get from one location to another on dirt. So, we decided to take one of these routes from Flowery Trail to Batey Bould parking trail parking lot. The day was very relaxing and the scenery was amazing. When we are riding by ourselves, we don’t get too crazy riding difficult stuff, but some of the old roads had deep ruts and were full of large rocks because of the rain, which was fun and challenging. Sandy’s getting very comfortable at these more technical sections, so rides behind me relaxed and we just keep talking on the Bluetooth as I pick my way through the rocks, roots and ruts.

Towards the end of the dirt section for the day coming down from Calispell Peak, I rounded a corner and saw a very large Moose starring at us from about 25 yards. We’ve seen lots of Moose this year, Elk, deer and one bear, but they have all run into the forest upon seeing us, so no problem. The Moose that stood before us was by far the largest Moose we had encountered this year.

As I came to a stop, I shut the motor off and placed both feet firmly on the ground on each side of the bike. I instructed Sandy to sit still so the bike didn’t rock under me, one less thing to think about.

I removed my hands from the bars, and began to wave them over my head and yelling, occasionally honking the horn in an attempt to get the big Moose to move on his way, to no avail. He stood firm in the middle of the road.

Moose are territorial by nature. They think they are the alpha in their world, and at 2000 pounds, not many things will want to argue. I didn’t want to argue, I just wanted to pass.

After several minutes, Sandy suggested we turn around, but to where. We had ridden about 130 miles, so gas was getting low. On top of this, it was getting late, so unless Sandy wanted to risk spending the night in the forest and hiking out the next day for gas, the Moose was blocking our way home. Sandy and the kids know I am fine surviving in the woods alone with whatever I have with me, but no reason to sleep on the ground when I have a warm, comfortable bed waiting for me at home.

I continued to yell, honk and wave my arms, but the Moose stood firm. His posture was clearly aggressive, so I didn’t dare move forward with the bike to try and push him off the trail, as I didn’t want him to feel threatened, likely causing a charge. Sandy again suggested we turn around…which was again dismissed. She was afraid, but all was well, we were not at much risk given my proficiency with my weapon of choice.

Several months ago, I realized that having my compact 45 caliper 1911 in my pants pocket did not allow for very swift draw sitting on the bike, so I ordered an Alessi Bodyguard shoulder holster. This is a very comfortable holster, and holds the gun horizontal for ease of draw. The holster is a custom made rig, but this type of situation is exactly why I had opted for a shoulder holster while riding. I had no desire to shoot a Moose, but less so than getting trampled by said Moose. Besides, while the Moose may be protecting its turf, I am protection my wife. We continued the stare at each other, each of us resolved in our positions, but neither of us wanting to advance.

After about 5 minutes, I was ready to move on, so pulled the 1911 from the holster, pointed it at the ground to the right side of the bike (no rocks, just dirt) and fired a round. The big Moose, startled, turned and appeared to disappear around the corner, more of a fast walk than a run. I wasn’t convinced the Moose would give up that easily.

Sandy was still scared, and I assured her that we were not in any danger. However, I wasn’t yet prepared to move forward, as my small 6 round magazine now only contained 5 rounds, so I had a total of six rounds at my disposal (one in the barrel and 5 in the magazine). Before we proceed, I wanted more rounds, so I released the snap on the magazine holder under my right arm and pulled a fresh 8 round magazine into my hand.

While keeping a close eye on the road ahead, holding the fresh magazine between my finger and thumb, I released the magazine from the 1911 containing only 5 rounds, and pushed the fully loaded 8 round magazine in place, completing a rather nice tactical magazine change. In the weekly competition, I have at least three magazine changes on each 20-30 second section, so they are natural and can be done without looking at my gun. I pushed the small magazine into the holder and replaced the snap. I now had 9 rounds of 255 grain, hard cast, 45 caliper, +P rounds at the ready in case the Moose decided he was going to protect this section of road for some unknown reason.

I replace the 1911 into the holster, started Reload and began to inch forward. Just as I had suspected, the Moose had moved just out of view, and had positioned himself, facing my direction, in the middle of the road once again, as two gun fighters, at high noon, waiting for the other to make a move.

Raised hands didn’t faze him, yelling, shooting, honking, nothing seemed to entice the big guy to relinquish his position. I had no choice but to hold my position, as turning around would not solve my fuel problem. Likewise, the Moose seemed to be fixated on holding his ground for some unknown reason, most likely, simple instinct.

I considered dismounting and throwing rocks in hopes of hitting the Moose and startling him enough to retreat, but I looked big on the bike, and dismounting could well be interpreted as an aggressive move. His posture was clearly aggressive, so gun at the ready, I searched for another solution, as I had no interest in killing an animal I didn’t plan on eating, and had no plan to shoot unless the big Moose decided to charge in defense of this section of road…a stalemate. Then, as if somehow considering himself victorious, he turned and trotted into the woods. I holstered, started Reload, and made a quick pass on his previous location, lest he decide to circle back for a blind side shot at Reload. About 7 minutes for the entire episode.

Wildlife are always unpredictable, so I give them their space, let them feel dominate and be prepared to defend in case things go sideways. This time, we both went our separate ways, the best end to a tense situation…
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
  18. NWPanzer

NWPanzer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Love the tag line - and very true. Also a very good reminder to always be armed whilst in backcountry. Perhaps its time for me to add to the safe...I dont have a .45. hmmm....time to go shopping. Good to hear your moose encounter ended well.
  19. drewbuddy

drewbuddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. professorkx

Oddometer:
    My preference is the 1911 platform, with STI as my preferred brand. Higher end guns with a background in competition, but run well and look great. I even converted a Highpoint .45 rifle to take 1911 mags so I would have a rifle that uses the same mags as my pistol, something I have for a number of my pistols.