Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    Guy the last time I was in a 69 it was fun...can't understand all your anger? Unless you have an over bit & it tastes like shit...

Oooooh!!! You said your turning 69, well now I understand...half way to 138...not bad brother...
  2. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Guy, I'm right there with you, but I don't have the excuse of "piles", although I've been told I'm full of something more than once...

For me, my irritability always seems to peak this time of year. Wonder why? Could it be the season? The lack of comfortable riding weather which reduces the cathartic effect that riding has on our souls? The limited daylight hours? The profit driven societal pressures to be nice and buy "stuff" to show people you love them? Grrr. Where are the commercials geared towards women that say if you REALLY love your man, you say it with a new motorcycle? That's blatant sexual discrimination in advertising if you ask me......

For me, the worst day in December is the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. But then again, I always celebrate it because the days just keep getting longer and longer after that! Guess I'm a born again Druid at heart.......

jeff
  3. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. dljocky

dljocky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Amen.

5. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm usually pretty good until first week of January. November weather usually not too bad, then December has all the party/holiday distractions plus some time off.

But the two month slog of cold and dark that is Jan-Feb - nothing but :bluduh
  6. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess my best Eastwood didn't come through:

<IFRAME src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z7X2_V60YK8?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=560 height=315 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

From Gran Torino.

:lol3

7. MADSTROM

MADSTROM Long timer

Oddometer:
    The weather is looking too good to sit around and I've really got the itch to ride. I've got a new set of tires and just had all the valves reset for the first time in 66,000 miles. All the valves were still in spec with only one valve at the tight end of the spec but I had them all set at the middle to upper end. It seems to run sweeter than ever if that's possible. I'm riding out to the mountains tomorrow or Saturday :ricky:ricky:ricky.
  8. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    Winter is building time. Both for motorcycles and airplanes.

Until the skiing gets good, anyway. :clap
  9. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mickey,
    If I can get the GS back together on Fri I may be up for a ride Sat. Hmmmmm. New tires and a tune up on the V-Strom?? You may have to wait for me at the end of the road.
  10. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    and don't forget logging. Winter is prime time for my continuing war on white pine, the kudzu of trees. When the sap is down and surrounding trees are free of leaves, it is perfect for felling the bastards. In fact, I just finished servicing the Stihl and I'm headed out to listen to the most beautiful sound in the forest; the heavy krrrummmp of a big white pine slamming onto the forest floor.

Please don't judge me harshly for my little fetish, but I'm a hardwood kind guy. 50 years ago there weren't any pines on our place, now it is 50% pine. I'm just trying to bring back the natural hardwood forest. oh, and maybe keeping open our long distance ranges too.....:wink:

jeff
  11. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sic Semper Tyrannis Plays with Banjos, Boats and Bikes...

Oddometer:
    I didn't know you were a plane guy.

I am not but my dad and my son are.

What are you building?
  12. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, so as I've been saying I'm trying to pick up a WR250R. I've been having a super hard time finding one close by. I found one that is a 6 hour drive away that I think is a good deal. What do you guys think of a 2012 WR250R with 8000 miles for $3500? No mods, bone stock, immaculate condition supposedly.
  13. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pencil me in for Saturday if it happens..
  14. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I paid $3300 for my 2008 this spring and drove to NJ to pick it up. That is a pretty good price. Usually they go for $4500 or better in newish condition stock.
  15. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's a steal, buy it or I might! (I wouldn't do that to you). You could enjoy that for a while and then flip it for profit. I would negotiate $200 off for your time, trouble and fuel costs. I might be in for a ride on Sat as well. Both bikes are overdue for some washing and TLC.
  16. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    What time is everyone riding Saturday & where? I might be in depending on time...
  17. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there a RTE tomorrow? Did we decide where (some talk of Mama Cucina at Innsbrook) ? Who's in?
    Sorry, lot's of questions..I'm hungry again. :D
  18. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I may try and work another $100 off of him, but he was asking $3800. I already got him down to $3500 and he sounds pretty firm. I know he needs the money though, so we'll see. I need to get my hands on a trailer. My wrx has a hitch that I tow with, but I haven't bought a trailer yet. I will try and scrounge one up in the next few days.
  19. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    I'm in. Hopefully we will have more folks than last week. :-)
  20. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Planning on it, but I'm on call so there's always a chance I won't get there on time....