Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    Yeah, maybe I should have talked to halfplate about getting his...Ryan said that people were just sitting in their I-64 glaze as I would pull up...

Then once I passed they were all laughing and getting their kids attention and snapping pics. I saw a mother with about 4 kids in the car and she slowed and they all were waving. It was fun and now that I look back, very rewarding on a personal level that I made that many people's day.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!
  2. Baloo

Baloo Itinerant jackass Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cover the waterfront in Norfolk Virginia.
    I thought that was a bead breaker at first glance... BTW the sign above the door would never work at the compound. Hint do not pitch your tent under the balcony.:wink:
  3. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Am I the only one who thinks nobody could see your brake light when you had the tree back there? Otherwise, pretty cool.
  4. jdrocks

jdrocks Gravel Runner

Oddometer:
    ask for the VIN and run a Carfax, have a LEO inmate run the VIN too. plenty of stolen and flood damage motos around.

you can also Google the VIN and the best photo to see if anything has been posted on another site.

if he questions why you want a VIN, blame it on your bank.

too good to be true usually means just that.
  5. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
  6. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that link. I'm trying to get the VIN now.
  7. burtonrider3889

Oddometer:
    Just checked the VIN. Also talked to the guy on the phone. Said it's at his auto shop and his friend John owns it. Said the title is in Johns name, but he's giving me his number to talk to him directly since he will have to be there to sign the title over to me, etc. And I want to get any background info on the bike from him directly. The guy said his friend just commuted on the bike, and it never saw offroad, but since the mileage is high that's why they're selling it at that price. I thought it was fishy that he's selling it for his friend, but he seemed normal. I know I have also sold cars for other people on craigslist, but we will see if he comes through. If I can talk to John and ID match him I don't see how it's not legit at this point. Said his friend didn't want people coming to his house, and that's why it was at the shop. At least that would mean I'd be in a public place.

PS: If someone has access to carfax checks or knows someone who does I would be very appreciative if you could run one on it.
  8. btblueskies

btblueskies BTBlueSkies

Oddometer:
    Awesome Todd!!!! Way to go :)
  9. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    I have brakes on that bike?
  10. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I meant the rear facing marker light. :D
  11. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    Funny thing is...that was a present from an ex-wife...now you know why she Is an EX!!!

All my friends who have hung out with me...pardon the pun...laugh at that when they see it. You will soon find out!!!
  12. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    Oooh!!! Well right before we hit the high way I strapped Rudolph to the bike with his balls between the handle bar & brake level, so every time I squeezed the brake his nose would light up.

Good thing I had my ear plugs in, cause he also would let out a horrible scream.
  13. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    That's what you do when you close the throttle. We don't need stinkin brakes.
  14. burtonrider3889

Oddometer:
    Just talked to the owner of the bike on the phone. He's 45, and had a job 50 miles away and was commuting back and forth. He lost the job, and now works nights at fed ex. Bought the bike in the summer this year brand new. I'll still have probably 6 months or so of warranty carry over as well. Everything seems completely legit, and he said whenever I want to come pick up the bike he's happy to sell it to me. He said he hates dealing with all the craigslist tire kickers, and he's just happy to find someone normal to deal with. Super nice guy. Bike has never seen dirt.
  15. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Seems like a good deal...have you inquired about maintenance intervals ?
    Brand of oil used....did he change it himself or have a dealer do it....simple questions but listen to the reply...

just my 2 cents worth....
  16. burtonrider3889

Oddometer:
    Yea he said he did 150 mile change, then 500 mile change, then he's changed it every 3000 miles after that. Yama lube oil and oem filter every other change.
  17. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Something tells me that his brake light was not needed much. Don't think many people were coming up on them from the rear, with this time and distance average. Methinks they might have had to fill up in Churchville, even with 6 gallon tanks, at that rate.

I'm surprised that tree had any needles left on it when they got home........ Still, it was a ride of manly men, and should be honored as such.:freaky

jeff
  18. SplitLanesLikeMOSES

SplitLanesLikeMOSES ....................

Oddometer:

Filled up at the Exxon before Churchville on 250 on the way there, and around Coloinal Downs on the way back. You know that I know that you know your stuff.:D It was a lovely pace.

I was the brake lights by following him home, except for the few times vechicles were screaming up on our 6 to get a picture. I would move.
  19. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    Jeff-

I have to correct the mileage not the time on that report. I looked at my odometer when I got off in Churchville. It read 176 miles but I forgot to take the 22 miles from my place to Ryan's off. So it was actually was 154 in 2 hrs 15 mins & yes gas mileage was not a concern that day.

Good call on the fuel stop tho, we fueled up at exit 220 on 64 then again when we hit Churchville. 5.2 gallons in my needed to fill the GS up for me. Never ran it that low in the 8200 miles, yes that is all the miles I have ran on my GS.I think Ryan is up to 102k, I have a couple more years to get there.

Sorry for the discrepancy everyone. Need to keep me in check on these ride reports, I'm a nOOb ya know eh!!! You hosers!!!
  20. toddzacker

Oddometer:
    Ooooh Shit!!! Look what I'm putting on the bike tonight!!! I woke up this morning with these at the foot of the bed. I am so happy it's Farkel season!!!
    [​IMG]

Thanks to Nicole for listening & paying attention to the 10 thousand things I rattle off each week that I want to add to the bike.

Man it's a said day that I have reach the age that foot pegs have gotten so exciting. Oh well...look what I'm putting on the GS tonight!!!