Hammock Tents - Super linky - got one? tell us about it and post pics here!!

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by HighTechCoonass, Oct 22, 2010.

1. triplenickel

triplenickel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Neat but unless I missed something I don't see a bug net. No net=no go for this part of the world.
  2. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Comes as an optional. Where they're from, the mosquitos are.. well, prevalent, let's say.
  3. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    Thanks Moe!
  4. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
  5. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    Thanks again!

Bgdaddy had a warbonnet 1.7 set up at the Nottarally using Kammock straps and I had a chance to hang for a bit. Very nice! Much larger than my modified Hennessey. The Slap Straps that I used stretched bad enough that it took three nights and numerous re-tightening to get rid of the stretch. The idea seems sound but the materials leave a lot to be desired.
  6. BgDadddy

BgDadddy Nurse Extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    I used it the following weekend in Birmingham also.

The weather was so nice I didn't even need to use a tarp. :clap

[​IMG]
  7. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm a convert,or will be.I hope to start gathering materials for a DIY gathered end Speer knock off.
  8. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    After hanging for seven nights out of the past 10, I've decided to toss my bed in the bloody trash and hang a hammock in my loft. While talking to my daughter tonight I realized that last night I woke up around 0430 in enough pain that I had to take meds for it and yet, not once in the 7 nights that I hung did my back bother me enough that I needed to drug it into submission.

Now if I can just convince the insurance company to pay for it..........
  9. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    Have any of you used products from D&D Hammocks?

I am specifically interested in their Frontline Hammock and XL Tarp.

Most importantly, how is the quality?
  10. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't use DD, but I have essentially the same hammock 10th Wonder Hornet which I like a lot. The nearly identical, and from what I've heard, the quality is similar as well. There are some stitches that are wonky and some are a little frayed, but only in places that it doesn't make much difference. I actualy use the hammock sleeve made by DD which fits my Hornet like a glove. It's definitely not a lightweight hammock, but if you're planning on carrying it on the bike, I think it's a good deal. I would plan on swapping out the suspension they send with the hammock though. I use polyester webbing and climber's descending rings attached with a loop of amsteel. Many prefer tree straps and whoopie slings. I wish I had some pictures, but it was completely under my tarp at the last rally...not much help...
  11. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I started my hanging with a DD travel and their 4x3. No complaints, it's a simple, heavy-duty hammock. But my wbbb is more comfortable - more space, softer material. Still use the tarp though. And the uq they have as well.
  12. TomN

TomN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I could not find anyplace in my yard to set my hammock up so I rigged up some 2x4s for support in my garage. Wife is not real big on it but man have I take some great naps the last few days, I get into a real deep sleep real fast in that thing.
  13. Dolly Sod

Dolly Sod I want to do right, but not right now Supporter

Oddometer:
    When I first got my Hammock I thought it would be great get in, relax and read a book.. Can't get passed the relax part. :lol3
  14. TomN

TomN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have a link?

15. speedysheep

speedysheep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Merry Christmas To All......................
  17. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas !

And now that I have everyone's attention.............

I want a new quilt/sleeping bag (sack?) to use in my hammock.

So far I've looked at Enlightened Equipments Revelation X and Jacks"R"Better's High Sierra Sniveller.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm getting old and I get cold more easily so I want something the will keep me from shivering when it get's down to 20 or lower and yet can be opened up if it warms up.

Hammock is either a modified Hennessey or a War Bonnet double layer that I can slide insulation in.
  18. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:

Just got one of these http://www.golite.com/Adrenaline-800-Fill-1-Season-Mummy-Long-P46815.aspx to use in my hammock as a top quilt and doubles for use in my tent if necessary. I liked the center zipper but being a mummy it is a little tight for me,,,,,,,OK a lot tight. I'm 6' 3" and 240 lbs but I do fit in the bag its just zipping it all the way up comfortably is a little restricting, but it doesen't matter in my hammock being used as a top quilt

I considered one of these http://www.golite.com/UltraLite-800-Fill-1-Season-Quilt-Regular-P46823.aspx but wasn't sure about the padding sleeve and no center zipp

Excellent quality and price so its a keeper.
  19. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  20. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    I bought one from Hammock Gear, the 0* incubator, for my ENO Doublenest. I think they make some for the non-gathered end hammocks too. Might check them out and when I get mine I can put some pictures up if you want.