Iowa Roll Call

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by bellbear, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Orangecicle

Orangecicle On a "Quest" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ordered some new shoes for the 950. Those aren't cheap! :loll

[​IMG]
  2. Orangecicle

Oddometer:
    Does the EFI need to be reset? Sometimes just unplugging the battery for a bit does wonders.

And I thought KTMs were expensive. :lol3
  3. scooter noob

scooter noob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had the battery out of the bike for a couple of weeks now. Reinstalled it after I reinstalled the pump. I think the pump itself is dead, no sound from the pump kicking in when I turned the key over. Maybe the computer needs reset? Frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Those look like rotors to me?
  5. Orangecicle

Oddometer:

Stoppin' shoes. :)
  6. scooter noob

Oddometer:

I figured out the problem, I forgot to plug a wire in. The bike started on the third try, but is still running rough. The ABS light is flashing, there is a code. Looks like a diagnostic is needed.

7. ChuckHazzard

ChuckHazzard Registered Lurker

Oddometer:
    The corn state,11 curves in 318 miles (Iafalls IA)
    You need one of these:

http://www.gs911usa.com
  8. slomo

slomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I bought a set of warp9 supermoto wheels for my Wr250. Good value, except the rotors warped, twice. Ended up getting OEM rotor. Hope you have better luck with them.
  9. scooter noob

Oddometer:

After talking to my brother about the sputtering and dying when I roll on the throttle, he said it's a clogged injector. I know how to clean it, as per Doug's instructions. Should I cancel my appt at Van Wall and save the $80.00 and fix it myself? Also, would anyone like to help me do this?

10. Orangecicle

Oddometer:
    Well, the new Warp9 ones can't be any worse than the really "warped" ones I took off. :lol3 I haven't braked with the front for so long that I forgot what it feels like to stop the bike without sliding the rear while saying, "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!" :rofl
  11. slomo

slomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I hear ya, lesser of 2 evils. I have a correction to make: my warped rotors did not have any branding, the rims were warp9. So false alarm, my apologies.
  12. mjydrafter

mjydrafter evil boy for life

Oddometer:
    What will Van Wall do for the $80?:dunno

I can help you if you would like.

I like injectors and I cannot lie...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PM me and we can clean them up.:D
  13. Jdubb

Jdubb DL1000, WR250R

Oddometer:
    Just returned from a great trip to ride the Big bend Texas area with Sprout We found nice temps in Texas with highs of 80. For the whole trip we went about 1,000 miles (riding). There were a couple events worth reporting...While leaving the State park in Texas Chuck chose to pass a Park Ranger. The speed limit was 25 MPH. I think he exceeded that by a couple. However a nice smile and a promise saved him from sure prison. I really would have hated to call Kim, his wife, to ask for bail money. We rode till almost dark every day and averaged about 180 miles each day. We did get on one track in the state park that was hard to follow and remote and difficult, with a lot of wash out and gullies.

On Sunday we drove to Oklahoma to the camp ground for Talimina. It was nice to be back in the trees. The day before they had 2" of rain so things were a bit soggy, and streams were bank full, making river crossing a bit tentative. We did try to find better crossings but were forced to take the ones we came to first. The first larger one I do not have a picture of, but it was a river probably 75' wide with swift water. We ended up making it with no problem. The second is shown in the pictures and was a bit more challenging. We probably would have looked for another route around but we knew what was behind us and really did not want to go back.

It was a great trip with plenty of stories and a few chuckles. All good! The link below takes you to the pictures.

https://plus.google.com/photos/118426413585199910656/albums/5992590318791772449
  14. Orangecicle

Oddometer:
  15. Banksbird

Banksbird Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    KLR is finally ready for Moab in May

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[​IMG]
  16. 4STAR

4STAR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I figured you were with Sprout. I followed his Spot each day. The pictures look great. I thought I might see Sprout in handcuffs. We are headed to Texas tomorrow.
  17. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer:
    Welp...commuted to work for the first time on the Husky and fairly certain I won't be commuting to work on it again. Fantastic in the dirt, absolutely abysmal on the street in a commuting role. :huh

Think from here on out, the only pavement it will be seeing is the shortest distance to dirt and gravel. :lol3

I did bring home the Multi last night with the new crossover pipe installed. I've missed that noise. Hehe
  18. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    That could be somewhere near Waterloo in May. :lol3
  19. Orangecicle

Oddometer:
    Made the front page:

[​IMG]

That's my picture of Brents347 climbing Corkscrew Pass. :freaky
  20. HoloHolo

HoloHolo 2 wheels !!!!