Suzuki S40 / Savage - Ryca Scrambler Conversion

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by Krasniewski, Aug 18, 2012.

1. zap2504

zap2504 Dave E.

Oddometer:
    Details/build thread! Nice mods to the Savage. Did you need to raise the seat height to compensate for the mid-mount foot controls? How are the ergos with the new riding triangle?
  2. Krasniewski

Krasniewski I don't ride much.

Oddometer:
    His build thread:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=854669

Nothin much goin' on with my build. I'm movin' to a different house soon, so I'm gonna see about getting at least the rear wheel from the kit... movin' the bike w/o a rear wheel isn't much fun. I'll hope for the full kit though - they must be close by this point.
  3. barko1

barko1 barko1

Oddometer:
    Ryca sure isn't doing any good self promotion by saying the kit would be ready in Late summer or fall. :ddog:ddog
  4. radianrider

radianrider Adventurer wanna'be

Oddometer:
    Avon, IN If we never go, we will never know
    Love how they reused the "Tempter" name, 'cause it's just too good to let die. Here's the real Tempter :D
    [​IMG]
  5. Krasniewski

Oddometer:
    BikeCraft magazine has featured the Ryca Scrambler:

https://www.facebook.com/BikeCraftMagazine

http://www.bikecraftmagazine.com/

[​IMG]
  6. sjc56

sjc56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is nice looking.
  7. Krasniewski

Oddometer:
  8. Dorzok

Dorzok Long timer

Oddometer:
    press doesn't do anybody any good if they ain't delivering kits.

:shog
  9. Krasniewski

Oddometer:
    Yeah - I'm trying to stay positive since I have stripped down donor bike. It's a really small company and some of the kit stuff is labor intensive, they're busy with new models, new customers, lots of parts and suppliers to deal with, etc. etc.

I'm sure it's not deliberate - they always get back to me immediately after I e-mail them. They'll come around.

EDIT: I've got my sights set on next week. Got the invoice today - Kalifornia 9% sales tax sure is a kick in the ballsack.
  10. Carter Pewterschmidt

Carter Pewterschmidt Long timer

Oddometer:
    With a small start up company such as Ryca delays are to be expected. I know we're all used to lightning fast service because we commonly only deal with large corporations on a day to day basis, but this isn't some fortune 500 company we're talking about. Small business doesn't have the resources to accomplish things in the speed we're accustomed to, especially a new company. They will have their hiccups and sometimes nothing can be done about them. I'm sure the people at Ryca are trying to get this kit done as quickly as possible. They probably don't like telling their customers to wait over and over again and they don't want to lose any sales. If they had the power to get this kit out at the original promised date they would have.

It's the patience of customers like OP here that give companies the sales help them grow into bigger more efficient operations.

And I'm sure the Ryca employees are appreciative that you're not being an asshole about it.

That being said, looks like a cool build.
  11. kellymac530

kellymac530 motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Carter,
    While I agree that patience is a virture and that it is hard to meet demand sometimes when you are small and growing. But if you look back on page 2 of theis thread is it OVER 4 months ago that Ryca told him that the tooling was all done and they are just finishing up the "how to" video, about a week away....That was 3 months, 3 weeks and 1 day ago it should have been done.

Small growing company or not, they REALLY need to get Kran his kit ASAP. I have owned a small business before and I could have never been 4 months off schedule on a 1 week delivery date...I would still be in hock trying to make up for that.

I do believe in the little guy fighting and giving them a chance, but they also have to step up at some point and do the job they are paid to do.

Come on Ryca. We want to see this project.
  12. FlySniper

FlySniper Bleh...

Oddometer:
    For the amount of money the OP probably paid for the kit, I'd have been in the shop day and night until I had his order out the door. ... But most likely I'd not have taken any money without a kit ready to go.
  13. Krasniewski

Oddometer:
    I paid a small deposit to keep my place at the front of the line, and Ryca doesn't ask for any money until the kit is ready to be shipped.

I paid in full today. :D

I'm traveling for some work related stuff, so I got to pick the parts up myself, and poke around the shop a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With some help, I loaded up the car:

[​IMG]

And headed out...

The guys there are really cool - wish them all the best. Can't wait to get back home and get this party started. :freaky
  14. DustyRags

DustyRags Idiot

Oddometer:
    Wooo! Now it starts for real!
  15. kellymac530

kellymac530 motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Awesome,
    Now put some fresh batteries in the camera and lets see what happens.
  16. Dorzok

Dorzok Long timer

Oddometer:
    which one are you building agian?
    :lol3
  17. FlySniper

FlySniper Bleh...

Oddometer:
    Good deal! I've been lurking this thread since it's inception, wondering how it was going to pan out. I'm happy to see you get your parts!

NOW GET CRACKNING!:evil
  18. PhiSig1071

PhiSig1071 Friendly Neighborhood Privateer

Oddometer:
    Can't wait to see this come together! I really want to do the 'cafe for my fiancee (because I want to build it and she wants to ride it!) but it's a bit out of my budget right now.
  19. Krasniewski

Oddometer:
    Ok, got home tonight. To at least get the bike ready for a move - I threw on the rear wheel (with sprocket) and the side stand, some frame bolts... and I think that's it.

[​IMG]

Overall - first impressions are really good. Everything is looking great - and I'm really impressed that all the stuff I've looked at so far has a good brand name on it. Sprockets are JT, tubes and tires are Kenda, etc etc. All the bolts are packaged and labeled by size, and are referenced in the instructions, making assembly (so far) pretty easy.

[​IMG]

Quality is very nice from what I've seen. The wheel I got back was cleaned up very nicely and the rim was well polished (which means I have to clean the front one up...); and everything is very well packaged and protected. The hardware is not cheap-o junk - the frame bolts felt really solid when I was torqing them down. I'm now seeing where the money goes.

Anyway - off to bed. More later. :norton
  20. Krasniewski

Oddometer:
    Shock the monkey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little engine degreaser and a rinse, too.

[​IMG]