AR-NWA ADV BS thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Elvis70, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    I have stayed in them more than once & look at how I turned out.... :bluduh
  2. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Yeah Gus, it didn't make ya smart enough to stay outta Frog Falls...hehe...j/k

Ted, I called Bill Eddy's and they told me they had a WR in stock. I didn't actually go to look. I just drooled on the pics.
  3. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    They also have a 350 EXC that IS street legal per my definition. :lol3
  4. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Albie, about the KTM. I might want to go to Mexico someday. I would like to ride there and then come home round trip ON the bike.
  5. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to miss SLAP but kind of glad as you didn't need my old ass in the frog hole....glad all is well:thumb
  6. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    must be starting my period..in a pissy mood today! :huh
  7. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    The Super Wool is cheap compared to some of the more expensive ideas.

I looked at this too on steel wool, but without at least some review of it. it would be hard to justify the cost. Carbon Fiber/steel wool packing.

I was told by someone else here that they use the Superwool and it might get oil packed and the oil burns but the wool remains uneffected.
  8. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    Darnit Yamaha!!! I stopped in to see the new 2012 WR450F, kind of a disappointment. It was supposed to be "all new" and use a 250 size frame, It looks about the same as my 07, the frame is a bit different, and it's fuel injected. I was bummed when I picked it up off the sidestand, it's heavy! WTF! The reason I bought mine is becauseYamaha dropped the weight and kept the weight low, this things a hoss to pick up. Theres a 2011 450 right next to it and the difference is incredible feeling the weight difference of the two. Glad I didnt sell mine!

The reviews I've read on the 2012 claim its amazing, it probably carries the weight well but it's too heavy for me to get thrilled about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cant tell if I love or hate the DR650 gray?
    [​IMG]
  9. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    I was in there tues and seen them bikes...walked on past the yammies :bluduh

The grey DR caught my eye tho..wouldnt say I love it, but I didnt get sick over it either and it did catch my eye..nice mellow sorta grey and it really didnt look bad! :thumb
  10. Copperjohn1962

Copperjohn1962 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The gray sux! Although that's probably a good thing. That way it doesn't sting as much when you get those first dings and scratches.
  11. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    I'll admit I drooled on the KTM 350EXC today, it's light and gives me wood just looking at it. I've heard a few reports on efi problems and such on that model, I'll take my chances on my Yammie.

It is freaking cool that the KTM has blinkers and such, that thing would be fun ripping around town on.
  12. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Yo CopperJ! Did you make it to Oark Sunday? I had planned to get up early that morning and run up to the lodge and ride there with you, but my friends from MO were loading up and wanted to have breakfast on the way out, and wanted to help me pack up so I just went on home with them.
  13. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    I think the grey reminds us of a Battle ship or some sorta military piece of weaponry thus the attraction..gun metal grey?? :dunno it is different tho
  14. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    I had that last week, sometimes I can just wake up pissed off.
  15. Copperjohn1962

Copperjohn1962 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nah, I was a little tired and decided to load up and head for home. It didn't take long for the mountain to clear off Sunday morning.
  16. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Well shoot, let me know when you get back this way and I'll meet ya there or ride with you.
  17. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Just looked up the WR specs, it says the 2011 wet weight is 267 and the 2012 is 273. You shouldnt even be able to feel those 6 pounds....I'm not sure why it feels so heavy.
  18. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    Ted what was the green/black bike beside the DR?
    One more what was the white bike in the background on the wall behind the 450?
  19. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    And???? I've got 25K miles on my 690 and it's never had a stator fail. :rofl
  20. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the grey is pretty meh. But then, the DR isn't exactly the hotness regardless of the graphics and color. :lol3