iPad & iPhone Users - New FREE Digital Publication-Outland Moto

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OUTLAND MOTO, Feb 2, 2013.

1. OUTLAND MOTO

OUTLAND MOTO And then suddenly....

Oddometer:
    Hello All! :clap

We are happy to announce a new quarterly, digital publication, available through the Apple App Store....Outland Moto Magazine!! This has been a goal of ours for some time and we are finally able to deliver it. It was truly inspired by adventure riders everywhere! We hope to provide you with rich stories and media far into the future!

Because it was inspired by you, we wanted to be sure that it was FREE for you. There is no subscription charge for this magazine. And we have no intention of changing that. We hope only that you enjoy it and come back for more.

Our Introductory "Issue 0" is now available. You can search "Outland Moto" in the App Store. Or, if you are currently on an iPad, you can follow this link. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/outland-moto/id595720158?mt=8

This first issue is for iPad only. We have another issue coming at the end of March. That issue will be available for both iPad and iPhone (and hopefully Android devices).

Thank you all for inspiring us to do this!! Please enjoy! If you have any questions, or would like to become a contributor to this magazine, please PM me anytime. I am on here regularly, so I will get back to you! Take care and ride safe everybody!!!

Sincerely,
    Jim Vota - Editor
    Outland Moto Magazine
    outlandmoto@gmail.com
    www.outlandmoto.com
  2. patmo

patmo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I just downloaded it. I will take a bit of time today to read it and let you know what I think. Great idea IMO!
  3. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Thanks patmo!! We do hope you enjoy it. It should give a good idea of what is to come in our Issue 1 in March.
  4. strider.deano

strider.deano Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fantastic images, above average authors.......didn't care for the way the interface appeared to switched from vertical to horizontal randomly. Or maybe not so randomly, Aerostich must have paid you well!
  5. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    We designed the layout to function horizontally. We felt it allowed us to create better spreads for the reader. It is different from most vertical layouts. But we feel people will benefit from it. Again, we hope you enjoy it. And we hope to just make it better and better as we go along. Thanks for taking the time to go through it!!! :D
  6. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer... on the page with the Drift Innovation video of the 1150GSA, it looks like Colorado riding, where is that??

Good luck with your venture... lots of good reading :thumb
  7. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    You are correct, sir!!! The shots are from different areas. If I remember correctly, they are California Gulch, Boreas Pass, Yankee Boy Basin, Oh My God Road (2), and Cottonwood Pass. Thanks for the kind words, GB!!!
  8. Mastodon

Mastodon Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer:
    Just downloaded my copy. Can't wait to read through it, looks awesome. Good job!

:clap
  9. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    Downloaded my copy, thanks very much!
  10. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    You are truly welcome. There will be quarterly issues, the next coming at the end of March.

Thanks TStorm!!! We will have more coming soon!!!
  11. patmo

patmo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just read through it.....

EXCELLENT photography and writing. Was happy to see the review of the wolfman luggage and Darien jacket, as I have considered purchasing both items in the future. I will be looking forward to the March issue.

Great start!
  12. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Thanks patmo!! I'm glad you enjoyed it. We will be getting more stuff out there very soon.
  13. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Well, I spent my afternoon enjoying reading your moto journal... very nice pics too. :thumb

The one suggestion I could make is to include an overview map of the shown rides.

And since you're here at ADV central, you might want to ask inmates to contribute pertinent articles pro bono for your consideration for upcoming editions.
  14. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    Just downloaded. Looks very cool.
    Thanks!

***Edit***
    Ipad Mini IOS 6.1
    Pictures seem to show up but no articles after the Aerostich ad.
    The video works in the beginning and the pictures look great. Just no text after the ad.
    Also, if you could add a way to either zoom the page or increase font size, that would help. The mini is small.

***ReEdit***
    After closing the app and reopening, all is fine except the small fonts.
  15. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    My iPadfoo is very weak....I get the pics but nothing but blank white for text, similar to previous poster.
  16. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    We had a couple of people have this problem. It was resolved by restarting the iPad. However, this response is well taken. The first generation iPads may not run this as well as we would like. Some of the issues reside in the animations we have in the app. In subsequent issues, we will still have that. But we are scaling them down a bit to get better performance.

Thanks for posting this, and thanks to everyone else, as well! Naturally, we want you to enjoy the content. But usability is important. We really do appreciate feedback on this. It helps us make it better. :clap
  17. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    GB - That is a great idea. In later issues, we will be doing route reports. When we do, we will definitely include maps. We even want to include route files that can be downloaded and used on GPS.

And, we would LOVE to get more contributors. Anyone who is interested in having us publish an article should contact me anytime!!! We want to make as robust as it can be. Contributors help with that more than anything.

We are looking for the following submissions:
    - Articles in increments of 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500 words
    - Articles can be route reports, reflections, creative non-fiction, and /or even poetry
    - Photography Submissions for our "Photos from the Outland" section. This section will be in each issue
    - Photography submissions should be as hi-res as possible. RAW, HI-res JPG, or PSD files are great.

Anyone interested can PM me here or email me at outlandmoto@gmail.com. They can also contact us from our web site (www.outlandmoto.com).
  18. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    Ipad Mini isn't first gen, it's current although based on the a5 vs a6 processor.
    Once I forcibly closed the app and reopened, all works great and no performance issues at all.

Oh, and thanks again! I love the interactive and multimedia setup vs my other 'magazines' on Zino that are just traditional print turned digital.
  19. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Thanks trc.rhubarb!! Like I said. We hope to get you all more content soon! Issue 1 is slated for March 31st.
  20. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not meaning to bitch, just want you to know there seems to be issues with the app. In fact, the one I'm using is an iPad2 and no joy. I even re-booted and it worked for a couple of pages, then images only again (no text).