Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. EJV

EJV Jeep. Supporter

Oddometer:

I tried to do chain maintenance on my bike too, couldn't find the damn chain though. :rofl

No weekend riding for me. I had to "car" it the whole time. On my way back to C'Bus, I got this strange feeling of doom, so, I slowed way down and stayed right. "Hmm, look at that small airplane circling way up above." Yup. Tagging from the sky. The Highway Patrol did not get any dough from me. Sneaky lil Bastards.

Morning!

EJ
  2. QUICKDRAW

QUICKDRAW Bug Murderer

Oddometer:
    Rode to VA yesterday to try some BBQ that has been receiving good reviews. The reviews are warranted! Due South BBQ just outside of Roanoke VA, knows what they are doing. Rib meat was very good, tons of smoke flavor, thick smoke ring, and the meat was able to be pulled off the bone clean, without falling off on its own. In addition, their home made sauces were nearly perfect. Being in VA, they have to make every type of sauce to satisfy the masses. Their vinegar sauce (which I generally avoid) had so many different spices, it was thick... and very good. Their sweet tomato based, and spicy tomato based were both excellent too. To top it off, they have crazy good side dishes that you just can't find around here. If I had to mention something that I didn't think was as good as I have had... it would be the mustard sauce. It was average at best, too much yellow mustard taste, not enough spice/heat. Overall... awesome BBQ within a days ride.

The ride down is great too. We did 760 miles, but made a stop at a second BBQ joint in WV for dinner. I won't bore you with our route, but you can find about whatever you want between Huntington, WV and Roanoke, VA. The last hour takes you along a rather wide section of the New River.

Here are my FB posts:

[​IMG]

Notice I did not review this one... for good reason

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, it rained on us for 15 hours

[​IMG]
  3. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    got a package today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

aint that purty?

hoping to have her back together by this weekend
  4. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    You should re-gear that thing to suit your riding style. Oh wait.

:wink:

I know, it's weak sauce but it's all I got.
  5. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Take a spin on one of those S10's in Sport Mode. :eek1

I'm also surprised with the Versys. For what it is and how much they cost, that thing is a little 3rd gear backroads rocket ship.
  6. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    I just sold my Versys last week but I loved riding the twisties with that thing.
  7. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I was in my car; I would not expect a wave. :D

Shawn, nice report. Sounds like a fun lunch ride!
  8. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    How'd the first day on the job go? Congrats by the way!
  9. EJV

EJV Jeep. Supporter

Oddometer:

I know not of what you speak. (Both that "Sport Mode" and the 3rd gear thing).

HA!

:D

edit: Oh. Boxes are in!
  10. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Pics?
  11. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    When I suggested getting a new bike I didn't mean one part at a time! :lol3
  12. Rich B

Rich B Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    vivid dada sez:

"We went to MIllersburg and picked up the Port Washington Road, very nice, the Port Washington Road turned to dirt, but it was a perfect first time of pavement experience for my buddy on his maxi-scooter; hard pan Amish roads with very little gravel. We rode it back to Baltic."

At Baltic, you were 6 miles from my house....if you had continued on the Port Washington Road to Fiat, you would have been maybe a mile from the house....

I have explored a fair amount of the lower portion of the Port Washington Road on the Victor, need to do the whole thing one of these days on the DR....
  13. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now that's funny!:rofl
  14. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I called Title and Vehicle Information Services and they confirmed I could get temp tags with just a bill of sale. So I went to the Westerville Deputy Registrar License Agency and they told me a BOS from a dealer would be OK, but not from another person. :baldy

I'll try another office, but it looks like I'll probably have to wait on the title.
  15. buildit

Oddometer:
    I just got great news and have to share it. Just got off the phone with Trent from Electrosport Stators and MY NEW STATOR WAS MAILED TODAY!!!:clap :rilla:happay:rayof
  16. vivid dadas

vivid dadas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How is the new job? I hope good.

Shawn, we get pictures of your nasty wrinkled fingers but no food pics? If you ever ride down by Atlanta, try Hudson's Hickory House.
  17. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    It went great. This promises to be a fun place to work.

Thanks... and FYI, WL called me for interview, I told them I was no longer interested. Appreciate your letting me know about that, though!

Sorry about the flawed info.
  18. buildit

Oddometer:
    So'd you get to use any line from Judge Dred?:rofl
  19. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap

Good to hear!
  20. EJV

EJV Jeep. Supporter

Oddometer:

No pics yet. They are on and look great!

So, did you know, to install Yamaha side cases, you need a Torx TT50 (security torx)? Trip to Lowes. :huh

So, did you know, to install Yamaha Lock Cylinders, you need a Torx TT10? Trip to Advance Auto. :huh

Yeah, it took a while to bolt on.

I even added some stickers before the test ride. I did NOT exceed the Max recommended speed with all the cases on. :D

EJ