Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. MediumDriver

MediumDriver Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi All,

On the advice of a regular poster, I just wanted to put a post in here saying that I am coming to Utah to ride late Oct/Nov, and would be keen to meet up with some people wherever there is some good riding and camping. I'll have a tent trailer with me, so I'm portable.

I missed out riding Utah two years ago with the weather and had to go straight to AZ, but am planning on being in the State for a good bit this trip. I ride a Ktm250XC, have trials tires and knobbies, and am up for pretty much anything anyone wants to do.

Sorry to poach your thread, but send me a PM if you're interested and able to get out and do some riding!

graham
  2. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    Google is your friend. Yes, they have a phone.
  3. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Salt Lake City Utah (formerly Park City/Heber)
  4. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    Cool bike. Dig the fuel capacity the most. It would be fun to have a fuel injected bike that gets 50mpg with 8-9 gallons of fuel on board. You could do two day rides and not have the gas station handicap. That's always been my dream. Ride for two-three days, see nobody, avoid stuff on purpose.
  5. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    You look'n to be in northern (mnt) or southern (Desert/moab) Utah?
  6. MediumDriver

MediumDriver Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm open for anything and am happy to be in the State for a while... The bike is mainly set up for tighter trails, not wide open desert stuff, but if there are good things to ride in the desert I can work on that.

g
  7. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    street legal? i've hooked many a off road miles with a few miles of slab to hook em up... adventure begins where pavement might be required to get gas (although many backwater (backsand?) town in UT allow atv's etc on the roads w/o issue.
  8. MediumDriver

MediumDriver Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately it's not plated, no. We don't really have to worry about that here, and it's a 2T... I don't mind risking a ticket though for a couple miles of pavement... ;-)

g
  9. dieselcruiserhead

Oddometer:
    Best stuff will be the north of Utah and park/trailer off Kane Creek Road. They ticket in Moab without plates. Good fun day trip stuff, will be fun. Likely good amounts of riders when down there too, just FYI..
  10. MediumDriver

MediumDriver Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Diesel.

I will look into Kane and see what is available.

I will be riding in Park City as well, you live there?
  11. dieselcruiserhead

Oddometer:
    I do.. I don't ride around here much (nor is there much to ride, moto at least) but there is great stuff in the Uintas near by. Definitely feel free to PM me if you'd like to meet up...
  12. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I live over in Heber about 20 min from park city. If you head over this way pm me.
  13. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, for the record fellow Utards, I was the one who recommended Medium Driver to post here in the Utards regional forum. I met Graham in Germany week before last while there supporting my son as he rode the ISDE for Team USA. He (Medium Driver) was there in support of some of his friends on the Canadian ISDE Team.

Many of you followed that thread, and I thought this would be a great way to show him some of the Utah awesomeness. My schedule is pretty tight through the rest of the month so I was hoping some of you might be able to show him around.
  14. MediumDriver

MediumDriver Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mike,

It seems like a couple of plans are starting to come together which is great. Hoping to spend a good deal of time in Utah...

Speaking of ISDE, here are some of my shots from it (Promise I will get to finding the ones of Josh, just have not had the time prepping for this trip): http://www.flickr.com/photos/vertically-inclined/sets/72157631659732388/

Really looking forward to arriving in Utah, and the weather seems to be looking good for a good while yet.

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.

g
  15. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    Well it sounds we should be able to get you sorted out. I'm at the very north end of the state. If weather allows we'll have a good time on single track on our 250's. I have a guest room that you are welcome to. If its too cold or snowy, you can head further south to Frog's land. If it's still to cold or snowy we'll be able to get you set up om some great desert trails further south. :freaky
  16. MediumDriver

MediumDriver Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you, PM sent your way.

See you soon!

g
  17. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    Hey, any of you perverts up for riding Saturday?

Ideally I'd be looking to do something starting in the morning, and within a couple hours of SLC that's nice scenic riding. I'm not a great dirt rider (although the bike is pretty much AWESOME) but can do most "normal" stuff without too much drama. Single track is fine, as long as we don't get too crazy - Just don't put me on a smooth fire road with little tiny ruts in it....... :deal :evil oh, or deep sand. :eek1

I can carry my bike on my car, or pull someone's trailer if we wanted to car pool and take a couple bikes to a trail head or whatever.

:ear
  18. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    Anyone have an electrical wire fishing thingy I could borrow for a couple weeks? I'm talking about the thing to help pull wires through conduit.

:ear
  19. dentedvw

dentedvw Where did I put that

Oddometer:
    I've got one, I will dig it up. I think I have two, a big one, and one that's 25' long.
    PM me.
  20. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    Pluric's got one, but he was banned for comments made in Yo Mama. Thanks.