2014 RMAR Silverton Rendezvous, July 24-27

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Mac, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Notice: Changes

Adventure Riders, RMAR has had to make a couple of changes the past week. As some of you know, we learned that there would be a HUGE congestion problem in the Silverton, CO, area....July 27 - Aug 3, since the Mile High Jeep Club is bringing their All 4 Fun event to Silverton. This congestion issue would serious degrade the riding enjoyment, so we are shifting, adjusting and changing....so that all of you will have the best experience.

If these changes cause anyone a ton of challenge, we apologize.

RMAR is running off two events to meet everyone's needs....

RMAR Rendezvous Silverton, July 24-27 - $60

Silverton Colorado - Click Here - Registration, Silverton
    July 24-27 is our Rendezvous in Silverton, Colorado. We recently adjusted the dates of this event, moving a week earlier so as not to conflict with the Mile High Jeep Club event in Silverton the week after. Nearly everyone knows how awesome the riding is in the Silverton area.

RMAR Rendezvous Meeker, July 31 - Aug 3 - $55

Meeker Colorado - Click Here - Registration, Meeker
    July 31 - Aug 3 is our Rendezvous in Meeker, Colorado. We are keeping our original RDV date, but moving to Meeker, CO to avoid the congestion issues around Silverton at this time. Meeker is a sleeping giant for Adventure riding. The Wagon Wheel trail system offers 250 miles of dirt that is outstanding for mid-sized and large adventure bikes. The BLM out to the west will give any single track rider all they want in 100's of thousands of acres.

So, Meeker is $55, Silverton is $60, and both will be discounted at $95 (just one shirt, unless you pay full price for both). Registrations completed by 1 July receive a free event t-shirt.

Your registration will cover
    - BLM permit costs,
    - AMA sanctioning,
    - AMA-brokered event insurance policy,
    - $25 in vouchers to spend at certain local restaurants,
    - t-shirts for registrations completed by 1 July.

2. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois
    Wow!! A legitiment excuse to spend MORE time in the Silverton area? :huh
    I would have never thought of that!!:deal

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Jailor8
  3. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
    Make a week of it!!!

If I brought two bikes, my Honda 650 and my KTM 950, I could ride a variety of loops and take in the views for 10 days!

4. scruffy

scruffy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, I'm in for more punishment. I guess I'm just a slow learner. Will be there on the 25 july to the 4th of august.
  5. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois

I like how you think...... 950 and KLR!! Hmmmmm plan plan plan plan

J8
  6. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm taking the lead on the Pre-Rondy

It's mainly a loose gathering for the early birds. I'll come up with some loop ideas for a variety of bike sizes. We will have maps, and guide books on hand for people to borrow.

I'm thinking there will be a WDKR for big bikes (I'll be on my Honda XR650R), and then a WDKR for little bikes. I Might do the WDKRx2 (night time ride on little bikes) on the 30th the night before Rendezvous starts so we all have some good stories to talk about when the others get there.

July 30th
    The WDKRx2 will require Helmet lighting, a willingness to see the gnarl in the dark (or not see it at all).....LOL Also group size will be limited I'll be giving that some thought. Also you will need to be vetted as this will be an extreme ride, if you done my WDKR the previous years this will be much harder hence the x2. In true WDKR fashion you all will not know where we are going, for safety aspect I will be letting others at camp know that are not IN. My GasGas will not need extra fuel out of Silverton so that's about a 80-90 mile range max and I think I'm looking at 60 miles maybe less. A plate is required though.

Might be July 31st
    The WDKR Big Bike will be very challenging. I would say for most people no bigger then my XR650R. a Very skilled rider on a F800 probably could do it with the right tires. No hard luggage allowed (spots are way too narrow). A newer rider can do this ride, it will challenge you, it will test your skills, the bikes ability and your mental strength to push on. Once you do this ride, your ability, and your confidence will go way up. This ride will be limited to 10 which includes me and a sweep if someone can step up for that position. Expect 100-110 miles. A plate is required. Date to be determined.

Might be August 2nd
    The WDKR - I'll be on the GasGas EC300. The ride will start out easy, then moderate, and then extreme and then work back down in difficulty (or does it!!!). Your going to hate me, your going to wonder when the pain is going to stop. This is going to test your skills. This ride will be limited to 10 which includes me and a sweep if someone can step up for that position. Expect 110-120 miles, I'll be carrying extra fuel. A plate is required. Date to be determined.

What I do ask of people joining me, is $10 per rider per WDKR...that is because this will go right to the USFS for our extra wear & tear use of some of these trails. I'll also be paying the $10 myself and so will sweep. The USFS has worked with us in 2013 and thus far in 2014 and all sides want to see this event happen. As you know RMAR is mainly a Adventure bike event so the USFS is not expecting us to use the single track so those that do come out and try their hand at some should really think about the event as a whole and pony up $10 per rider per day to keep the USFS happy. Your going to have a LOT to talk about on any of these for that $10.

Hope to see you all out there....
  7. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    And also the ability to take a brake between and not feel the need to push yourself to the limit every day for 3 days. Also if your bringing family it lets you do some family time and sight see with them if riding is not their thing.
  8. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    WDKR

There will be nice views
    [​IMG]

There will be technical sections where we will be helping everyone get up
    [​IMG]

You will struggle
    [​IMG]

You will be a better rider
    [​IMG]

At the end we all help out
    [​IMG]

And then we relax and reflect on the days ride
    [​IMG]
  9. CaptRick

CaptRick Still crazy..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thats the spirit! What could possibly ahppen????
    I should be in and around Silverton on the 24th or so
  10. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    I also plan a Big Bike Kendall Mountain outing. This is right out of Silverton. it's just a Jeep road but can be very steep in spots. But oh my the view is great. This will be open up to any bike size, whatever you feel like taking up it all can make it just depends on the rider.

Date to be determined:

[​IMG]

And no we won't be trying that switch back to what looks to be the top because it's this loose stuff, extremely steep and looks to just dead end:

[​IMG]

Expect to make new friends
    [​IMG]

Great views:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And find cool things to explore
    [​IMG]
  11. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm up for the Rum Bar again, is your buddy Larry coming out?
  12. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    I am still trying to sort my summer schedule, but currently count me in on your WDRKR day and night little bike ride. I could sweep if you need or do I qualify? Pm me for route planning questions as well..
  13. modomains

modomains n00b

Oddometer:
    Cool. This sounds like heaven on earth!
  14. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't miss more WDKRs for the price of a bunch of broken bike parts!:clap
  15. scruffy

scruffy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rum bar? All I remember is blueberry something.
  16. CaptRick

CaptRick Still crazy..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Brother Larry should be in attendance....
    As for the Rum bar, that was my evil twin, he will be in attendance!
  17. Big_John

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Big_John

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Big_John

Oddometer:
    Worn out - on the Big Bikes!

[​IMG]
  20. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    So who is in for some night time single track?

As I mentioned before Helmet Lighting is a must, probably a flashlight too for backup worst case.

I'll need a good rider for sweep.

If you need Helmet lighting check out Trail Tech
    http://www.trailtech.net/a122-ss

Mention Rocky Mountain Adventure Riders and the Rendezvous in Silveron, CO and I think they are going to give us some off.

I plan to do night time riding around Colorado Springs, Woodland Park once the nights are warmer...probably Mt Rosa if anyone local wants to come out for some exposure to night time riding. I'll be posting up in the Rockies section.