2013 Tiger 1050 SPORT

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Stickywicket, Mar 2, 2012.

1. KingOfFleece

KingOfFleece SplitWeight(tm) waterproof seat covers

Oddometer:
    It's a road bike.
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  3. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rolleyes
  4. Jltrd

Jltrd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You mean like the Tiger Explorer?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  5. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn, that makes me miss my 1050 triple in my Sprint. That engine is absolutely awsome! Triumph steps it up once again. If they gave it good suspension then Ducati is in trouble.
  6. MariusD

MariusD Long timer

Oddometer:
    T
    This is a joke right? As if the explorer 1200 and 800xc arent enough dirt oriented?!

Thank god its not dirt oriented! =]
  7. ph0rk

ph0rk Doesn't Care

Oddometer:
    If it was more dirty, the next complaint would be that it was "too heavy" at 517 lbs wet :rofl
  8. Tigerland

Tigerland new to ADV

Oddometer:
    FEATURES
    The new Tiger Sport takes the adventure style street bike category to another level.

The new exhaust and upgraded intake system have enabled our engineers to deliver an additional 10PS of power and 6Nm of torque from its 1050cc triple engine whilst boosting the output across the full range of revs. The engineÂ’s growl sounds throatier and meaner too, but more importantly, it has improved acceleration with an output of 125PS (123 bhp, 92kW) and 104Nm (77lb.ft, 10.6kgm). Also new for the Tiger Sport is an updated gearbox that brings slicker, faster gear changes.

Major revisions to the styling create a more sporting look coupled with a new single sided swingarm which improves packaging and allows more space for the new exhaust and larger optional panniers. The fully adjustable suspension has been completely redeveloped with new springs and re-valved damping. The new stronger rear subframe provides greater payload capacity (220kg) and greater rigidity, whilst improved ergonomics make for a more comfortable ride.

AN IMPROVED ENGINE
    The Tiger Sport's engine creates a more dynamic, punchy and responsive ride with more power, torque and improved fuel efficiency. The 1050cc three-cylinder engine that powers the Tiger Sport has been upgraded with improved gas flow, a new air box, better breathing and even more distinctive sound. This all results in improved acceleration and, combined with gearbox revisions, provides lighter, more responsive gear changes. Output increases by 10PS to 125PS (123 bhp, 92kW) and 104Nm (77lb.ft, 10.6kgm). With the added advantage of better fuel economy.

SUPERIOR HANDLING
    Key to the Tiger Sport is a chassis that not only delivers comfort but also sporting fun. Fully adjustable suspension and new springs with re-valved damping enable high levels of adjustability and feel. The new stronger rear subframe provides greater payload and greater rigidity meaning the fun continues even when riding two up. This gives the bike its sharper feel with enough left in reserve to handle the additional load capacity offered by the fitment of the optional Triumph Dynamic Luggage System. TDLS features an inter-connecting cable between each pannier to isolate turbulence-induced movement from the chassis resulting in a more stable ride. The latest ABS system is standard and includes a new modulator for better extreme braking and improved feel to back up the TigerÂ’s radial brakes. It all goes to create a bike youÂ’ll relish taking through the twistys.

MORE COMFORT
    Not only has ride comfort improved, the seat is now narrower and more comfortable for both rider and passenger: itÂ’s 5mm lower at the front and the handlebars are lower and closer to the rider, giving a more direct feel. The back seat is also lower, sitting the passenger fully behind the rider for better wind protection. Added versatility is also provided by the under seat storage compartment and the ability to store an optional U-Lock. Who said you canÂ’t have comfort and a sporty ride in the same bike?

ALL-NEW STYLING
    Attention to detail has shaped the Tiger Sport. A specially designed single-sided swing-arm, newly styled side panels, tail unit and screen all make the bike look sportier. New lightweight reflector type headlights improve lighting performance and create a new visual look. Sculptured footrests, coloured seat stitching, tougher material on the underside of the seat, aluminium pannier mounts and careful styling of the new fork yokes and engine side casings add to that impression.

In fact, the fit, finish and build quality of every single facet of the bike has been improved for 2013. New colours: Crystal White or Diablo Red.

ACCESSORIES
    A wide range of accessories are available for Tiger Sport including the optional Triumph Dynamic Luggage System. Payload is doubled to 10kg per pannier. The left sided pannier is 31 litres and is capable of storing a full face helmet, the right sided pannier is 24 litres in order to shape around the silencer. The Dynamic Luggage System is designed to minimise the forces passed through to a bike's chassis induced by turbulence around the luggage. It does this by partially cross-linking the panniers, which are free to pivot on their top mountings by several degrees, so that the force on one pannier is passed through to the other without affecting the main chassis of the bike resulting in a bike which is more stable and yet more agile.
  9. Motard_Menace

Motard_Menace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks to be an excellent touring ride. I am guessing this is exactly the market they are after, someone who wants to tour that also wants comfy ergos and performance for 99% road use. Most riders that tour rarely venture off the beaten path anyway. Its just a dreamers dream to have the bike that can supposedly do it all even though it will see about 15 miles of off pavement use in its lifetime. Kind of like owning a Hummer, it can go anywhere but never leaves the pavement. I think it looks like a killer Trumpy! Here is to hoping it comes stateside eventually so I can check it out. Please bring it to the US Triumph........
  10. MariusD

MariusD Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am in the market for exactly this kind of bike and was disappointed with the only options from triumph being the explorer and xc. How could the "normal" tiger be gone!? So this bike is the best news yet, I just wonder when the bike makes it to the states so i can get my arse on it!

It's going to be an interesting year... New DL1000 and new Tiger!
  11. concours

concours WFO for 50 years

Oddometer:

maybe they decided to put some GODDDAMNED FUNCTIONING HEADLIGHTS! on it....:ddog
  12. JNRobert

JNRobert Breaking Wind

Oddometer:
    I see a lot of compromise going on there and a bike that's probably a little warmed over with aesthetics being upper most. The pulled back bars is the biggest give away for me.

Got to be a better road bike than the previous 1050 I'd imagine, but I doubt it will be as light or have the front end feel of the Multistrada. That triple is a peach of a motor though (if a little top heavy feeling).

Definitely going to be trying one. And I bet list price is close to 14k, so 16K on the road.
  13. daysgoneby

daysgoneby Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    With good reason
  14. daysgoneby

daysgoneby Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    For me it's like an up to date DL1000 which is a good thing. Lets hope they keep the price reasonable.
  15. Ramseybella

Ramseybella Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Say what you will.[​IMG]
    No it's not a Dirt rider but I do Venture off the beaten path when I find one to explore!:evil

Heading to Alta lakes Colorado.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. mototifosi

mototifosi What does this one do?

Oddometer:
    "Warmed over aesthetics" ???

Really?
    It looks like they have made "alot" more changes than cosmetic. Rake and trail, longer wheel base, new wheels, motor enhancement, redesigned airbox, redesigned subframe, redesigned body plastics (seat, and under) new pegs, new lights, new swingarm, upgraded suspension, upgraded transmission, new modified seat, switchable abs, handlebar scroll function, more power, better mileage,... you guys read the same bits I did yes?

Exactly what we did (or wanted to do) to our early 1050's and more (well some of us anyway). It looks fantastic especially slimming the side tank area and making air scoops which feed the new air box I would guess.

"I wish it was more dirt oriented"...:lol3. Guess the 1200, 800's won't fit the bill? News flash: this will go anywhere you want it to if you have the skills to get it there! Youtube Tiger 1050 in the Alps. This guy is flying up a rocky 2 track in stock trim. Don't know if you ever saw the "Explorer" edition that the cool dealer in Marin put together. If someone wants to give me an email address i will send the pix to you to post up here.

Like JN I sold mine and leaning hard on the new Streety R'. I will throw the Twisted Throttle book at it. Should turn out to be a much lighter, nimbler all rounder save tank capacity. Saw the STR in person yesterday at Cal Moto in Grey. Didn't know if I cared for it until seeing in person :eek1. Wow...
  17. 3sum

3sum former Triumph fanboy

Oddometer:
    According to my dealer here close to the US HQ, there isn't going to be a US Tiger Sport. He told me that it's a Europe only model. Me not happy.
  18. KingOfFleece

KingOfFleece SplitWeight(tm) waterproof seat covers

Oddometer:
    That is correct for MY 2013.
  19. cls

cls Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haven't kept up w/the details on this bike since I sold my '07 but the Sport looks interesting. If they've lightened it up, slimmed it up, and firmed it up, I'd be very interested. 517# is too heavy for what I'm looking for. I'd really like a S3 w/some wind protection and a little more suspension travel. A Speed Tiger, if you will...Good looking bike. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
  20. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    My 07 Sprint is my favorite road bike of all time. I would still have her if the wife would have approved of two horses in the stable.:cry