Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
  2. Clem Kevin

Clem Kevin Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's obvious he was jerkin' to a photo of Stoner while writing it.
  3. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:

".....never been a serious championship contender".

Uh, yea sure whatever.

Guess the author forgot about just last year when Dani was beating Stoner regularly.

In summary, because Dani doesn't create enough drama for this guy to write about, bloggers like himself find him a pain.
  4. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    As I said before, Laguna Seca was not the subject of my post. The fact that your thought Rossi's pass on Stoner and MM pass on Rossi at Laguna Seca are two of most significant moments in motorcycle racing history and how I think that is laughable was the subject.
  6. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Long timer

Oddometer:
    At the end of the day , I guess Laguna Seca will be missed by many of us old guys who saw real champions on real race bikes do battle there. Yep it's in the middle of no where, yep the money changers do not put much stock in the place so they do little to make it a better place for racers, or the public.

I know people who have been to the Indy Moto GP several times and are over the moon about it. The folks that own/run the place are not shy about spending money to keep the place up with the times . Albeit after a lot of pressure from a bunch of folks in the racing community.

When older natural terrain facilities are competing against newer tracks like COTA they look like what they are , older tracks trying to draw crowds , against sanctioning bodies that want more than they can/could ever provide.

We the public speak with the only voice we have in this type of a situation, our wallets .
  7. Pantah

Oddometer:
    Well, it wasn't so laughable that you remembered Alex Zenardi! Why be such a critic around here? We are each entitled to our own opinions. Besides, I said the two passes were the best in motorcycle road racing, not motorcycle racing. I have a few more faves when it come to that. Magoo Chandler and Doug Henry own those. A couple by KR too. His last not too long ago. :D

Nevertheless, I still think the Rossi/Stoner corkscrew is the most iconic event that I know of in road racing. I was at Loudon in the paddock. We were sitting in a motorhome watching the race. My son had just finished a perfect day aboard his CBR600RR.

At the moment of that pass, the whole paddock erupted in cheers and shrieks. They it did again after Rossi's T11 brake check. That was a big moment in anybodies book. :deal
  8. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    WOO HOO Austin is before my wedding. Bachelor party!!!!!
  9. Pantah

Oddometer:
    :rofl

Can't believe you pulled that off. :clap
  10. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wanna' know HOW he pulled that off. You da' MAN :rofl

Getting DORNA to move a race date to accommodate his wedding? :lol3 Maybe he can talk to Audi about making a certain red bike faster? :wink:
  11. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    See I dont get that to me the best moments are like when stoner goes round the outside of lorenzo into turn 1.cutting corners and brake checkin not so much
  12. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm getting married the next weekend and I thought for sure the race would be the same weekend again. We have a free place to stay and everything in Austin, just needed to dates to work out. STRIPPERS AND MOTOGP!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Pantah

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Yes you get it. That was just not YOUR best moment... :D

Mind you I have always been a big Casey fan since he raced the satellite Honda. Vale had my adulation, but was not my favorite. I expected CS27 to dominate that day. But then the unbelievable happened... The fucking corkscrew! who would have guessed?

well maybe swimmer. :rofl

Laguna Seca should be paid to host MotoGP.
  14. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exactly!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
  15. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    What I see is that this is just Marc's past coming back to haunt him.

Yes, he can ride the wheels off the thing.

Shit, he just proved he can ride the wheels off his team mate's bike at the same time.

He's young and invincible, and keeps getting away with some dumb shit. From what I can see, all the old timers are, in their own ways, trying to teach him before he learns the lesson the hard way, and collecting somebody else along the way too.

Memories of Simo are still fresh, and Marc has the making of a great champion.

Unless his luck runs out.
  16. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    This article about Eugene Laverty's choices for 2014 also address the statuses of Hayden and Espargaro.

What is even more interesting is what I have been reading sure makes it look like Ben Spies will not be with Pramac Ducati next year. Maybe the rumors are true about his pending move to Suzuki? :ear

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/24368233
  17. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    I really like Laverty in WSBK. I think him and Nicky would make great teammates. I would hate to see him go to Ducati. I think he is smarter than that anyway. Let's hope.

Here's to hoping too, that the Ape is a good bike outta the box. They are strong in WSBK.
  18. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    We should get a pretty fair comparison between the Ape and the Ducati, anyway, with Nicky switching over.

I still remember Nicky saying they don't pay Stoner enough after he first rode the D16. I would expect the Ape to be much more user friendly.

On the other hand, when Yonny Hernandez switched from the ART to the Pramac D16, recently, he raved that the D16 was the fastest, best bike he has ever ridden. :dunno I think he did an admirable job at Aragon, too.
  19. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
  20. Turder

Turder Throttle engineer

Oddometer:
    Various tweets say Stoner likes the production races very much and it can be competitive with minor tweaks. Only noticeable differencies are a little lack of bhp and different engine breaking compared to RCV prototype. Interesting to see how it performs next season.