Insert clever airhead based title here ....

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by planktonnn, Aug 25, 2009.

?

I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...

1. Nice?

43 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Nasty?

51 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Nasty but nice?

205 vote(s)
    70.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. planktonnn

planktonnn .also, i am a tw@rt

Oddometer:
  2. gs-ell

gs-ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is gorgeous!
    Though not keen on the side profile sketch
  3. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  4. gs-ell

gs-ell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    cool thanks
  5. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    It's far too early to be thinking this hard - tech support on linking an Eventide H3000 into an audio recording system:

To: pauwh@XXXXX
    Subject: RE: H3000 d/se connections
    Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 09:28:49 +0000

The edirol M10dx manual attached shows (page 43) "AUX SEND jack: 1/4 inch TRS* phone type (impedance balanced**)"

*Tip Ring Sleeve i.e. balanced
    ** http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/impedance-balancing/

On the face of the available info (filtered thru a 'non functioning till later' brane) one might send from the M10dx aux on a line level type cable with TRS balanced 1/4 inch, into the e/tide on balanced xlr, & return to the M10dx using a pair of line level type balanced xlr to TRS balanced 1/4 inch cables fed into a pair of line in sockets on the desk? and then mix the e/tide rtn signals with the original gtr/preamp signals coming in on another pair of line inputs. Line level cables would seem better than Mic cable, but I don't think it'd make a massive difference. I can't see whether the M10dx aux out is +4 or -10. Changing the e/tide jumpers to suit +4 or -10 would be easy enough, but I'll stand across the room & let you do that... The advantage of going this route would be that the e/tide is also available for other input signals (i.e. vox or other gtr pedal units) direct on the desk.

However one might prefer to run the e/tide direct off the JMP-1, (tho I cannot see if the aux snd/rtn is balanced or not?) One advantage of running direct with the JMP-1 is that Marshall will be more than happy to tell you how to do it with which leads & whether balanced/unbalanced if you rang them up? It might of course be possible to feed the e/tide from the JMP-1 aux send but return it into the M10dx alongside the JMP-1 main output signals as tho it were a separate input, as long as the JMP-1 didn't lose it's main output signal if the rtn were not connected?

Unbalanced TS 1/4 inch to xlr mic leads would probably suffice for a test, and as a basic test set up you would only need two. I don't think this would blow up the e/tide, but all words herein included & any and many various interpretations you may take from them come without warranty and I will forever remain blame free if you are fuckwitted enough to blow it up, see disclaimer @ http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21353009&postcount=4070 :-D

FYI Studiospares catalogue pdf @ http://www.studiospares.com/content.../pdfcatalogue/Studiospares_Catalogue_2013.pdf

I've not looked into the Mackie connections as it seems a little pointless to fit a Ferrari with bicycle tyres if you see what I mean?

NB I have attached the manuals because then you know which versions of which doc I am referring to.

I will invoice you for £42.90* consultation fee, and don't even think of asking for a discount, because that's already @ mates rates. You Wanka :-D

[​IMG]
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider-p..._Eventide_H3000_D_SE_eventide_h3000_front.jpg

* Edit: Just to point out 'for the benefit of the tape' that this is an imaginary joke fee which will neither be charged nor paid...
  6. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  7. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  8. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  9. pjcr12

pjcr12 Stercus accidit

Oddometer:
  10. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    I hate to mention it but the rear indicator on the Airhead 90s seems to have blown a bulb? I'd sort that out if I were you...

Some time ago I saw a pic of the front end of the RSD Oilhead on their feed, which seemed to disappear rather quickly, so I knew they were working on another Beemer, but then it vanished. I think they've done a lovely job.
  11. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  12. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  13. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  14. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  15. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  16. planktonnn

Oddometer:
    <embed src="http://embedvideoclips.agaclip.com/v-C7EZWY6biOQ.swf" quality="high" scale="scale" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="480">
    http://video.agaclip.com/w=C7EZWY6biOQ

Rather than playing this in the thread by clicking the play button on the bottom bar (which throws back a video not found error, you should click in the video window & it throws you out to the original page for playback - so much for embedding code!?!
  17. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  18. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  19. planktonnn

Oddometer:
  20. planktonnn

Oddometer: