let's see a picture of your camping setup and how it all fits on your bike... please

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by ClearwaterBMW, Jun 8, 2007.

1. thumper 8

thumper 8 wag more, bark less

Oddometer:
    With a l'il Photoshop, it will fit any bike :wink:
  2. barko1

barko1 barko1

Oddometer:
    This has got my saliva flowing. Heading out for 2 weeks next month on the FJR.

[​IMG]
  3. BanditAdventurer

BanditAdventurer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My first ever motorcycle trip included camping. I've learned a few things since then - like:
    1) Use a dry bag to load in your "random shape" stuff like tent, sleeping bag, shoes, thermarest, cooking stuff/utensils, etc..

(my original "plastic bags and 8 bungee cord" setup worked, but it was tedious to load/unload each day, and there was a risk of something flying off if I didn't do it right).

2) Wrap all clothing and sleeping bag in additional layers of plastic bags - some stuff you CAN'T afford to get wet.

3) I'd like to get a Givi top case to carry my laptop (mostly for journal and to run the MapSource software for my Garmin GPS) and other electronics.

4) The Oxford Sports panniers and tank bag are GREAT!

5) A 2 person tent (for one person) is ideal, since you can drag most of your gear into the tent with you.

6) Take a good quality tent, thermarest and sleeping bag. I tend to get HOT most nights, so I prefer to use the sleeping bag as a blanket, and just place a sheet over my thermarest as a base layer. Wrapping myself IN the sleeping bag usually results in lots of sweating!:huh

7) DON'T use an air matress in place of a thermarest - air is NOT a good insulator - you will FREEZE by 4am since the ground will just suck your body heat away! I'm talking from experience here!

Below are some photos....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. M38A1

M38A1 Type-A Introvert

Oddometer:
    This was for 30 days on the road. Most of the clothes went in the TT's. All my tools/tire stuff went in the Aerostitch tank panniers. One dry bag held my sleeping bag, the big one held the tent/pad, cooking gear etc. Tankbag held the camera, cellphone, charger etc.

[​IMG]

Here's the tent setup with the bike. BTW - that's 3am in Tok, AK a few years back. No flash necessary.
    [​IMG]
    heaveninbc likes this.
  5. BSK

BSK Ohhh mist! Die Bullen!!!!

Oddometer:
    packed on my first 3 day trip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

camped behind a firehouse
    Deku likes this.
  6. Maddaddy

Maddaddy Terradrifting

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Can’t believe home much crap people think they need.
    Last year half the group i went riding with down the west cost had to mail SH** home or just dump it.
    Guess the military taught me something.
  7. motoxusa

motoxusa Biker Dude

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  8. dirt clod

dirt clod Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    All packed up in a $15 float bag
    [​IMG]
    Getting set up at the ER in Hot Springs.....both pics from May '07......9 day 2,600 mile trip on the old DR. (that tent is even older than the bike):evil my birfday is coming up hint hint:lol3

[​IMG]
    Fat Toney likes this.
  10. PapaYolk

PapaYolk happy camper

Oddometer:
  11. nickatnite

nickatnite Poster Boy for Red Death

Oddometer:
    Lousy-ana, learing kung pow streetfighting.
    My drybag makes a good backrest....

[​IMG]
    onesaintsfan likes this.
  12. Cobbmtn

Cobbmtn Occasionally audacious

Oddometer:
    Loaded

[​IMG]

Unloaded

[​IMG]
  13. dirt clod

dirt clod Adventurer

Oddometer:
    View attachment 119356
    Hope you can see this O.K., I have a Givi top box ,Carabou side bags and a T-bag in front of the Givi I also use a Cortec super mini for stuff I need Quickly,Camera,breath mints:huh ect.works for me.The whole setup fully loades tops off at 90 lbs including the bags. I use a lot of compression bags and Space saver bags to keep things as small as possiable!:clap
  14. JMead11

JMead11 Crazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    I love Eureka Alpenlite. I keep the laptop on the right...no muffler heat...clothes on the left, big bag on back of bike is for different riding clothes and sleeping bag, smaller bag is the tent. Top case for cameras and drinks and other small stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BamaGS likes this.
  15. RiverRat

RiverRat Long timer

Oddometer:
    :freaky 3 nights in the dezert. dirt bags, duffel bag and backpack.

[​IMG]
  16. endurotour

endurotour Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    First camp trip with the KLX, in tmie will get a little more refined, top box was not on as the rear bracket is snapped off under the plastic, that is due to be repared while getting the pannier mounts sorted...

Attached Files:

17. endurotour

endurotour Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the setup, note, no cookers and only emergency food etc, but there is a psp in the tent for the matinee movie...:rofl I have the soft panniers, bags etc all in the tent vestibue (spellinkk) just carry the tool bag and basic kit when on the bike away from the camp sort of just 'runnign gear'

Attached Files:

18. flexlarson

flexlarson Smell the roses

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]Heres My bike with all my gear on it . I coulda went to south american with all I carried.
    Yellow bag carried my sleeping bag and a fleece and misc stuff for night time
    Blue bag help my camp pad (Im not sure Ill bring it anymore) I always slide off it anyway)
    Pannier on left carried food and water
    Pannier on right held tent fabric and jacket liner, and small coffe pot with the stove inside
    Box on back held tent poles,cloths,snacks,Spare tube,mini 12 volt air pump and hygiene products,Spare batteries charger and flashlight,
    Tank pannier on the left held rain gear and the right side held bottle of water, bug spray and ? .
    Tool tube on side of bike held the tools
    Front tube strapped to front of bike.

Heres the camp site
    [​IMG]

Looks like to much stuff but Im prepared

My view out the tent in the AM . Im making coffee
    [​IMG]

Think thats to much stuff?
    Bolasch and Singlespeed92 like this.
  19. Van Isle

Van Isle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

And this included a big 4 season 3 man tent, shaving kit, candle lantern, knife, sleeping bag, therma rest, stove, 1L fuel, big tripod, DSLR and kit, laptop, spare chargers for everything, cables, chain lube, spare tube, tire irons, tools, food, H2O, clothes, rain gear, spare goves, etc etc.

For 2 up (as we had been for a few days before this) add 1 x sleeping bag, pad, and a small sack of clothes. Not a huge deal.

Cheers,
    VI
  20. ecl207

ecl207 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    packed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i am now putting the thermarest in the bag with the tent and sleeping bag. managed to get the backpack inside as well now. can usually get the cloths i need in there, then tool kit, extra visor, water and beer in the panniers (have a little extra space for missions specific gear too).

thinking about a stove these days. jet boil the way to go?

unpacked:

[​IMG]

this is a great thread. good way to glean ideas from others.
    Bolasch likes this.