Photos from Michaux SF Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by JaxObsessed, Oct 29, 2010.

1. badguy

badguy Susan

Oddometer:
    No worries, I hope you're feeling better.
    I should've taken a picture of the satellite view of Michaux with me so I knew how far north it stretched...for some reason I thought I was going too far north :huh I definitely want to get back up there with someone to show me more of the good stuff!
  2. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    don't Jeff ride a black DRZ? Did you stop and talk to him? You might have met "Mr Michaux" :)

I was up but stayed on my side of the hill because I had family up. I took the wife out Sunday through some of Buchanan State Forest just to see if she could "hang" on the rougher terrain. NO problems :D I even took her up a pretty rough road I would not take the pickup truck on.
  3. JaxObsessed

JaxObsessed Aggressively pedantic about objective truth=Woke.

Oddometer:
    he mighta been riding something else, but SPR rides a clean 90s DR350/441 and a modern DR650 and DL650. :lol3 It's all Suzi... :lol3:lol3
  4. Vulin

Vulin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My pictures from this morning.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. SoPaRider

SoPaRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry I missed hooking up with you on Saturday badguy, that will teach me to check my e-mails more often,
    oh and have a "Happy Birthday":freaky tomorrow!

My DR350/441 is mostly white with a purple frame, the DR650 is again mostly white with a gray frame and the wee-strom is gray and black with a black frame.
  6. badguy

badguy Susan

Oddometer:
    Nice shots, Vulin!

SoPaRider - Don't worry about missing the email...being too connected is overrated anyway :deal Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Do you know if Bricker Clearing Trail is private property, or was I ok taking that from White Rock Rd to the Penn State campus?
  7. SoPaRider

Oddometer:
    I don't know if Bricker Clearing Trail is on private property or not, but if you came out on the Penn State Mont Alto campus I'm pretty sure riding motorized vehicles off of the pavement would be frowned upon there!:D
  8. dsmith

dsmith n00b

Oddometer:
    I don't have any pictures but enjoyed putting 100 miles on my SP200 Suzuki this sunday in Michaux! It was really cool because more trails were open due to an Enduro race was going on at the same time. Had a blast.
  9. Denny Mann

Denny Mann Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got some great news from the Director of PaTRA, Dave Whiteman last night. The PaTRA & PaOHV efforts to stop the DCNR’s shortening of the Dirt Bike and Dual Sport season in Bald Eagle State Forest will not happen at this time. The two riding areas, 7 Mountains & Shade Mountain will remain open this fall. The District Office will pass this issue to the higher level authorities in Harrisburg. PaOHV has a meeting scheduled with the Secretary of the DCNR later this fall and will discuss the motorcycle riding issues. We owe a lot of thanks to everyone who wrote letters to the DCNR about this issue. Working together has paid off.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  10. TowPro

Oddometer:
    :clap

Denny, Sorry I didn't make it up to help you last weekend, family obligations and honeydue list stuff.
    Same reason I missed Green marbles Enduro.
  11. TowPro

Oddometer:
    Anybody riding in or near Michaux tomorrow?
  12. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    Hi TowPro :wave

Me & SoPaRider were in West Virginia for the weekend :thumb
    [​IMG]

Lemme tell you, I'm feeling it today!!! Jeff has gotta be a hurtin pup.:deal He rode offroad 2X as far as i did!!!
  13. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    Great news Denny!! Thanks.

14. SoPaRider

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear the good news Denny.

Sorry I couldn't hook up with you this past weekend TowPro, but as Jax said, we were riding some of the best Forest Roads VA and WV have to offer on Friday (137 miles) and Saturday (123 miles), much of the VA route we rode will be used for the Shenandoah 500 (500 kms/300 miles) AMA Dual Sport National on October 6th & 7th. Don't ask me why Jax but I'm actually feeling no pain today, what with only a 140 mile drive home on Sunday, followed by a really long, hot shower and a good nights sleep, the only thing that is sore are my two pointer fingers, I don't think I've ever used my clutch and front brake as much as I did on those rides! Hats off to the "Best Looking Man In Hinton!" for leading the way both days and to the "Best Looking Woman in Hinton" for providing some great grub, all while hosting a "Unique" group of ADV Riders!:freaky
  15. turbojerk

turbojerk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been touring the south hills mostly for the last week or two... Less traffice and very peaceful!!:1drink
  16. TowPro

Oddometer:
    they are forecasting leaf changes for Michaux between 10/20 and 10/31.
    The wife said that if we have to take time off during the week, we will see the color this year :deal
  17. turbojerk

Oddometer:
    We should do a Fall foliage ride!
  18. foxtrapper

foxtrapper Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good plan. Lets pick a date, time and location to meet up and start the ride.

Let's split the difference and go with Saturday the 27th? Meet up at say 10:00 am?

Now pick the location.
  19. TowPro

Oddometer:
    We need to get Mr Michaux on board. Jeff took the time to document a complete Michaux riders guide including routes, and points of interest. Most extensive guide I have seen for any riding area :deal

Paging SoPaRider, you around? :)
  20. turbojerk

Oddometer:
    I'm game!