Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. palandor

palandor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That would be me, Name Escapes Me. :lol3
    Thanks for leading! Those roads were fun and it was nice putting faces with names.

- Brian
  2. ADVChic

ADVChic Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here is NBC’s version of the story with GREAT picture of the bike - http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/sep/30/delaware-shooting-linked-road-rage-confrontation-ar-1190479/ & 10TV's - http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/09/30/delaware-road-rage-shooting-sunday.html
  3. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer:
    Posting from franklin co detention facility.
    My lawyer says I cant talk about it :shog
  4. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
  5. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    Nope,wasn`t me ..............................................this time!
  6. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    Don`t you be coming down here shooting our drivers.....that`s our job!
  7. Rich B

Rich B Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    buildit sez:

"However, the way the news reported the story it doesn't sound like a good case for self defense given he chased the pickup down in order to shoot the driver. "

I don't know, there have been a few maggots that have cut me off or pulled out in front of me that I would have chased down just for the pleasure of shooting their car/truck full of holes.

Does kicking the mirror off count? :eek1
  8. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    From the comments, someone who saw it:

Still sounds like a bad shoot, on the surface, but might have been a case of a dude in a truck trying to kill a motorcyclist. That's the shits of it, even if someone genuinely tries to off you on your bike, you can't act on that. Gotta let it go and get the fuck out of there.
  9. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup, that's what I thought. No matter how hard I try to give the benefit of the doubt to this mystery biker, I just can't see a reason that this could possibly be justifiable.

Some other driver here or there pisses me off almost every day, and that small level of annoyance is increased exponentially if I'm on a bike. I've often found myself wishing I could break their mirror off and smash a window with it, just to yell in the car "WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?". But the thought of shooting someone in the head, let alone in the middle of town, has never occurred.

I wouldn't be opposed to (despite being totally illegal), if a car hit me and tried to make an escape, perhaps unloading a couple rounds at his back tires to put a damper on his efforts to run.
  10. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Well, under Ohio law as it was explained to me unless you are in imminent danger you're not justified to shoot or shoot at someone no matter what they might have done just moments before. The second you are NOT in danger the justification ends because you should be escaping. So even if the pickup had tried for the last hour to run him over or had even hit him, the moment he turned and chased the pickup he was in the wrong. I defer the true legal analysis to the professionals. :lol3
  11. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    People are generally not nice to each other and it is only getting worse.

I fully expect something like this to happen to me someday. When I am on a bike I get super deffensive about the space around me. Invade it and I turn into an asshole real quick. Most of the time I must come off as scary enough that people just get the fuck away from me, but someday I know I will meet someone who is just as big of douche as I am & I know the SWHTF.
  12. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I've pulled my digital camera or cell phone out before and taken pictures or video of the vehicle and of them after being cut off and then having them slam on the brakes in front of me. It worked great because they knew I could identify them and I had evidence of the road rage incident taking place if they continued doing it. I've done this several times and they have all just moved on down the road and left me alone. I also slowed down and followed them when it happened on the interstate and they've sped up and moved on down the road...
  13. invisible monster

invisible monster Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Perry was fun as usual and it was nice to see Z@ch before he heads off to TX.

Only took one picture (pardon the crappy phone quality):

[​IMG]

Sorry Meef, no group shot.
  14. Oceanbum

Oceanbum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Name just released... James Stillwagon, 63, former OSU football player.
  15. buildit

Oddometer:
  16. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
  17. buildit

Oddometer:
    The PLUS side of running video when riding.:deal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69dT5xX1uuI
  18. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    The problem is that will not do shit. The LEOs have bigger fish to fry. You are on your own. Call the police for anything & see what happens.....They'll tell you to log onto their website & file a report.

I have never seen a state patrol car within 5 miles of my house ever until last Sunday afternoon. Then there are 4 of them zooming around like flies.....later found out one had high centered after tossing his car in a ditch about a half mile from my house. Those low berms are a bitch. They were all looking for their buddy that was in a "crash".

If I really needed a cop to show up quickly I would call 911 & say I shot one.
  19. buildit

Oddometer:
    I think the whole time I've lived out here, almost 10 years, I've seen one sheriff roll down the street. I think he was lost though and quickly returned to Springfield. It's sort of funny on the weekends the amount of people out here target shooting. But with the number of break ins on the rise I understand. Some unlucky shit bag is gonna pick the wrong house and end up getting lead poisoning out here.
  20. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I believe Luke misread Scott's post, and I believe Scott's post was tongue in cheek and that he does not have any desire to shoot a cop; but that cops would respond quicker if they thought another cop was shot.

And it looks like Luke edited his post anyway so the only evidence is your quoted post...