Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. switchback

switchback Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer:
    Sorry can't help you with riding the bikes but my father and brother both have a F/G 650 GS (07, 10). What I can say is that they both get 65-70 MPG and can easily cruise 90 mph on the freeway with my Ducati. Suspension is the weakest point and I would require a taller seat as the bike is made for SHORT people (I am 5' 10"). Speaking on a KLR related topic, I wouldn't buy another bike with the BST40 carb. All this ethanol is creating all sorts of carb varnishing problems for me. FI is the only option for me in the future.
  2. Michelangelo

Michelangelo 2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer:
    Yeah screw ethanol and all these green pushing hippie liberals! Although I'm not a big fan of FI. It's just one more expensive electrical thing to break that I don't need to worry about.
  3. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    Who is this? (these?)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/52puA5wtj5I?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/52puA5wtj5I?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  4. MSH

MSH The Salt

Oddometer:
    History.
  5. MSH

MSH The Salt

Oddometer:
    I did search for Oquirrh on youtube and found this... is this what you are after?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/df4saGOzugU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/df4saGOzugU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  6. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:

You mean corn farming subsidized by the feds to produce an inferior product that burns more fossils than just using oil in the first place.

Yeah, great idea ethanol is. Not only are we subsidizing farmers to grow shitty corn for shitty fuel additives, but we are subsidizing them to grow corn to feed our cows and chickens, creating yet another inferior product.

We are retarded in this country.
  7. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
    Anybody heading north from St George or Mesquite with room for a moto any time soon? Shoot me a PM please................:D

:hide
  8. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    Let's not forget that since the subsidization of corn began that high fructose corn syrup, now incredibly inexpensive to produce, has found its way into almost every item in the American diet.

The obesity and type 2 diabetes epidemics in America, in my opinion, are inexorably linked to corn subsidies.

But that's just my opinion.

Hey, ya'll see this? http://www.electricepic.com/home.html

By the way, going to try out my Xmas present on a ride today. It's gonna be kinda cold...barely over 60 :lol3
  9. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
    PrickonaCrick.......hope your fructose runs thick.....and clogs your glycemic index......:deal
  10. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    Or multi-drug resistant salmonella from corn fed chickens living in their own shit. And the e-coli infested cows eating and shitting in the same place as their guts explode from eating corn instead of grass.

Buy your food from folks like GISkev who raise/grow it in their back yards.

GISkev, the hippiest redneck I know.:clap
  11. Olas

Olas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Utards,

We'll be in the St. George area next week and wondering if you could offer some advice as to what a good place would be to stop in a buy some maps of the area, preferably showing OHV routes.

Many thanks.
  12. Michelangelo

Michelangelo 2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer:
    For those that may be wanting to add some height to your stock handlebar clamps (7/8 inch) and at the same time go to the 1 1/8 inch fat bars; I recommend these Moose risers.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...x?SiteID=SLI|Handlebar Adapter&WT.MC_ID=10010

I have them on my Honda Transalp. 60mm rise along with adapting you to the fatter bars. Add a higher or lower bend bar of your choice and you got affordable customization.
  13. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    The Honda shop is a helpful place with good local knowledge. They can help you out with the places we discussed via PM. Although for the riding near Santa Clara we discussed, a map isn't necessary. Just go off of geography and a compass. Seriously, just ride west from the camp site I told you about, you'll bump into all sorts of good stuff north and south of there as you head west towards the mountains.

The Logandale system near Mesquite is all on Google Earth here. You can convert the Google Earth file in GPSvisualizer to a .GPX file.
  14. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    In both of these vids the first part is near Whitney Pocket SE of Mesquite, but the latter part is the area near st george... crank the tunes!

<object width="480" height="385">

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlQlhCVccUw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlQlhCVccUw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GCRd9bZEwdY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>
  15. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:

MMMMM corn syrup.:tb I have a cup every morning while I eat my antibiotic injected hamburger in my f250 that runs pure ethanol.:lol3
  16. warp9man

warp9man Gravel in my Travel

Oddometer:
    man dont even get me started on high fructose corn syrup, soy bean oil or geneticaly engenireed canola oil. my wife could fill this forums server with the things she's researched.

im glad she's keeping me from eating the sh@# but i kid with her because she cant live without a Coke:rofl
  17. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    NOTE: No one pull Frog's finger.:eek1
  18. Olas

Olas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks again, man. Getting anxious... Of course it's snowing here now, and it will be cold so hopefully we can escape that.

Nice vids, kev! Looks real nice out there. Diggin' the tunes too. White Stripes and was that Les Claypool in the first one?
  19. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    Didn't break out the Xmas present...it was too hot :lol3

We did get Savannah out for her first off-road ride[​IMG]

I taught her how to do burn outs in the sand...she was gigging on that! She also took a header that was bad enough to leave paint from her helmet on a rock (yeah the apple don't fall far from the tree).

Freaked me out! But as soon as I reached her, she was just smiling and giving me the two thumbs up. Climbed back on and kept riding for another hour:wink:
  20. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few years ago I was back visiting my farmer cousins in southern Nebraska. I poked them a little with the "doesn't it cost more to produce ethanol than it is worth" spear. I definitely got a reaction as they pointed out that the mash from ethanol production was a superior cattle feed to normal rolled corn! :cry Something I hadn't thot of....

It appears that the moonshiners had the right idea but maybe need an updated marketing spin.:evil