World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    Sold off the brit headed french
  2. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:

still trying to get to it..:lol3
  3. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    Well, with the longest 90mm and gold rounds the Patton is... interesting.

I had a great game for my x5, ( 1,572XP x 5) where it was looking like a bad start, so I followed a BatChat as he went crazy and headed straight for the enemy base. Broke off my run after making a bunch of hits on a Lorraine, then was chased by a T-54 back to the center where my guys could shoot at him... so I turned around and killed him.

But then I got surrounded by Type 59's in another game and had less support than it looked like (they were there, but died... without damaging anything), and the Patton was an immediate fail in that situation.

Until I get the biggest gun on it it will have to be used to support other medium tanks' pushes.
  4. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even with the big gun you have to be careful. It's fast enough you can easily get too far ahead and then you are SOL because it can't take much of a beating. I usually try to stay with a group and play the support roll
    Stock it is useless, but being a tier 9 it can't afford to be if you want to win. So if you run it stock, odds are you will loose(as I did many times).
    As soon as you get the tracks and some goodies, it works fine (My win rate went up immediately). My mistake was not getting the tracks first. I didn't realize it HAD to have them to mount anything worthwhile. That put me even farther behind the curve.

Also, I think the Patton tends to get targeted early. With the big gun it can put the hurt on, but with the crap armor it is a pretty easy kill so people want to get it out of the way early.
  5. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    You're probably right about the Patton, which means it's a tier 9 that I'm mostly only going to play with platoon mates I trust... which means it will be a rarely played tank unless some of my clan mates are grinding tier 9's right now. Actually, I've only met a handful of players who play tier 9's well - most seem to want the hell out of their tier 9's as soon as possible.
  6. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    They messed with Abbey in the 8.1 release. Not sure I'm digging it or not.
  7. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    I'm accepting Abbey better than the ocean side of the valley in El Haluf, but slowly am getting used to both.

I spent most of my time at bases on Abbey after the change since I was grinding my TD, but also used the hilly side to take on an E-50 and some other tanks in my Patton... and it was good. The low road - I've only been on it three times, and just down onto it - so I still have no clue what the middle looks like.

I really need to spend some time in a training room to get to know the maps better.
  8. Wheedle

Wheedle I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah...

TheHedgehawg
  9. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Clan invite and teamspeak info sent.....
  10. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    is it wrong i kinda like the amx40
  11. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    That depends.. do you like bambo chutes under your finger nails? :rofl
  12. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

I"m still waiting to upgrade the tracks and engine, but the thing is a pig :cry
    2 rounds per minute, and easily3/4 of the maps I have been put on are the horribly mountainous types where it's useless.

it doesn't hit any harder than my GWPanther. and accuracy seems to be the suck, but I'm using the Panther crew without retraining so I think they are at 83%. I dont want to commit gold to training if i can't stand the tank.
  13. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    I have played no German arty that was able to be judged until the crew was at 100%. Pay the Silver to get the crew to 90%, and let them train up to 100% on their own. At the moment it's still on sale to retrain crews, so it should be 10k per crew member until the end of the day.

----------

I was just trying to finish off some extra tanks x5 I had lying around, so I went for two awesome games in the T29 where it came down to one idiot, each time, on my team who did manage to lose it for all of us. Of course the game I finally get the x5 for was one that I got stuck nearly all game and only ever got one shot off for.

I hate this game.

14. Wheedle

Wheedle I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer:
    Im still muddling about in tier 1 and 2, no training or anything. Basically, I still suck.
  15. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Do they still have training modules to get through for beginners?
    I think you get a free premium tank after completing the training.

If I had to start over from tier 1, I would have done a few things differently.
    Start playing SPG earlier can let you learn maps (safe spots) quicker than playing tanks.
  16. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:
    Had one hell of a game on the new/old PZIV S tonight. 7 kills 9 damages one spot and only got hit once.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm loving this tank.
  17. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    One more new to the stable: the KV-4

I hesitated a long time to grind it, but with the free premium for that account I took the opportunity to grind the 20k or more I needed from research it from the KV-3 today.

I only bought it because I've seen a clan mate's experience with it (his was fully upgraded though, while mine only has the next to last gun on it), and it seemed like a tank I would be happy enough with.

I had to sell two tanks, plenty of stored modules, ammo and whatever else to afford it.
  18. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I actually made it through an entire battle with the Patton last night where I didn't get hit and I got a few shots in on some tier 10's. It pays out nicely as long as you don't die. I let my son play it as he has mostly French and Russian tanks. So what does he do? He runs down a BatChat25, rams him, kills him and gets Kamakaze :lol3

Busy weekend, so I didn't get much play time. I tried just using up my x5's, but couldn't pull off wins in everything. I did get the 90mm on the M36, I bough thte gun and installed it and went to load ammo, I had a bunch left over from the Patton I think. My depot was full and there's 44 gold rounds too. I must have bought them when they were on sale or something.

Certainly were a lot of British tanks on. Most of them didn't perform all that well.
  19. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    That brit Tier 2 with the machine gun is gawdawful fun to play, even if it sucks.

:lol3
  20. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    M48A1 researched! :clap
    Now I just need the 6M silver to buy it.:cry
    Hopefully I'll have 45k in free exp to get the big gun by the time I have the silver.