Stupid questions people ask you when stopped

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by cold_fire, Apr 13, 2009.

1. fancyindigo

fancyindigo schmancy...fancy

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Couldn't help but wonder if someone would take me for a dude...going to a salon. :D

Nope - jus me....lil' ole fancyindigo poppin in for a quick wash/cut/rinse/dry/style:rofl

Ok, I was wearing my Alpinestars compression suit (for women aka... the chest pros have booby bumps), RevIT pants, Sidi Charger boots and a Carbon Helmet street helmet. The pic below is the same except I was wearing my ONE DS helmet.

[​IMG]

Regardless - the poor receptionist really was thrown quite a fright. I will try to remember to walk into buildings with my helmet fully off next time!
  2. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Long timer

Oddometer:
    You go to a hair salon and you use words like "posh." You're NOT a rough-and-tumble ADV sort. (Unless you're a chick. In that case, rock on, sista!)

Edit: Lol. I should have read the whole thing. The mental image of a dude mincing into a hair salon in riding gear was so disturbing that I had to comment immediately.
  3. fancyindigo

Oddometer:

:rofl :rofl Ahhh...yet another reason why I love this thread! Sometimes the actual story is only half the fun - people's reactions are where the real juice is! Cheers!:freaky
  4. Wadester

Wadester Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer:
    I was thinking something more like this:
    [​IMG]
    But yes, mx armor works.

5. RobertInColorado

RobertInColorado Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I tend to ride wherever possible, as well. Went to a meeting at a nice hotel up by Vail yesterday (and cut across Shrine Pass for just a little dirt)... anyways, pull up on the GS, in the gear and kind of dirty. The valet says "I can park that for you sir... I have a motorcycle license". I ask what he rides; "I don't, but I want to get one" or something like that. Looks at me for a moment... "or you can just park it right over there by the door." I'm not sure I would have let him park it but I did like that he seemed truly excited about the bike in the sea of expensive cars.
  6. BuddingGeezer

BuddingGeezer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I pulled into a scenic overlook on my Honda ST1100. This fat guy on a Goldwing puls up beside me, then 4 pirates on a VTX and 3 Harleys. I remove my helmet and walk over to admire the view. On of the guys tells me they are old buddies and ask if I would take their picture with their camera. Now all of us are in our 50s or so. I say sure and take their camera. Mr Goldwing says, "When you get through taking our picture, I'm going to take a picture of my buddies kicking your ass." I looked straight at the group without smiling and said, "What are you gonna do if your buddies can't kick my ass?" They all looked like they had shit in their mouth. I snapped their picture and handed the camera back. I thought it was pretty funny.
  7. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well do you atleast have a conceal carry license? Pretty cool though, Terminator. I had a similiar reaction at a convenience store. It was winter and was wearing a Balaclava under my helmet and forgot to take it off when I went to pay. Needless to say I always take it off now. He thought I was there to rob him!!!
  8. Reprobate

Reprobate Sarcasm Loading....

Oddometer:
    That's an odd thing to say to someone who was courteous enough to take your group picture... He did understand you took that picture for his benefit?
  9. motoreiter

motoreiter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Weren't you at least a little tempted to chuck the camera over the ledge?
  10. Mike.Gail

Mike.Gail Intentionally Blank

Oddometer:
    Nope, wrong idea, for as amusing as it would be.

You keep the camera as a melee weapon.The flash grants a surprise attack.
  11. kerhonky

kerhonky Adventure Poser

Oddometer:
    :huh

Did he think he was being funny? I'm at a total loss as to why anyone would make a joke like that. Pandering to his Harley buds? Making fun of the fact that you ride an ST? I'm stupefied.
  12. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, officially, this might be a thread hijacking but it’s a great tale:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Several years ago, I was along the south rim of the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Grand Canyon</st1:place> while touring on my Harley. A very elderly lady left her husband’s side and approached saying, “That sure is a nice bike, sonny.” I replied, “Thank you on both counts; for the compliment on the bike and nobody has called me “Sonny” in a long time.” This thoroughly charming lady told me that in 1938, she purchased a ’37 Harley and rode it from NY to CA adding, “There weren’t many paved roads out here back then.” I listened to her engaging story while her husband waited patiently. When she finished, I asked, “Why don’t you jump on the back of this Harley and ride with me to the next overlook? Allow me to put a little wind in your hair again and your husband can follow us.” With a twinkle in her eye she said, “Sonny, I don’t think I can get my legs that far apart anymore.”<o:p></o:p>
    One of life’s precious moments!<o:p></o:p>
    Mike<o:p></o:p>
  13. fancyindigo

Oddometer:
    Absolutely fabulous story! Thank you so much for sharing it! Those moments are ones we take with us forever...and I have an enormous soft spot in my heart for spunky elderly women - my great grandmother was just like that, and is one of my heroes!
  14. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    OKkkkkk...too much video games for you... :evil
  15. Oilybimmer

Oilybimmer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I would have accidentally dropped his camera, asshat

Stewart
  16. Mike.Gail

Mike.Gail Intentionally Blank

Oddometer:
    Actually when I made that post I'd just gotten done with a 2nd Ed D&D game.
  17. DeadRun

DeadRun Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ride my bike everywhere I go, I don't own a car. Why bother? They're too damn expensive and I already have something that gets me around.

Anyway, I walked into a local resturaunt one day and this little kid (maybe 5ish) with a hot mom says, "Mommy look! It's the motorcycle man!" Hahaha! That was kinda cool. I laughed and waved to the kid and, for the record, proceded to get no play from mommy.

Aside from that, it's a little anoying when every kid in town is signaling me to do a wheelie, get myself killed, and arrested. It's hard enough to dodge tickets and trafic as it is. God forbid a good looking girl ever tell me to...
  18. Vertical C

Vertical C Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got asked when I was in the USA, "Are you just learning english?" as they couldn't understand my accent. I just laughed and replied "Nah mate I'm Strailyan" :rofl
  19. Signal

Signal it's such a fine line between stupid and clever

Oddometer:
    Excellent :clap
  20. FloorPoor

FloorPoor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got one today, while not stupid, I had a stupid answer. A hot 19something year old girl in a bikini top and booty shorts asked "can I have a ride?"
    Now, I didn't think that faded, beat up looking, dried mud covered, farkled up KLR's were what the girls though were sexy these days, so it must have been my thirtysomething, balding, slightly pudgy physique that got her exited.:evil Come to think of it, with the AFX helmet, EVS ballistic jersey, and muddy MX boots, maybe I looked like a super hero.:clap Plus she couldn't see the thinning hair under the helmet! Another reason for AGATT.:lol3

Anyway, even though every bit of testosterone left in my body wanted to say "you can have any kind of ride you like!":wink:, I just said "I don't think my wife would like that":cry
    RubenAlonzo likes this.