Garmin 60 CSx on sale for $199.99

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by BajaRat, May 19, 2010.

1. mcnut

mcnut Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not sure where you are coming from on this one. I have found over many years use that if you want the best GPS software Garmins offerings are among the best. The one exception being areas of the globe they don't support. Easy to forget that:

Garmin has for years led in consumer GPS and software. We as consumers would not have the options and function if not for Garmin. Where/are the others? Megellan, Delorme & Lorwance to name a few. It wasn't that long ago that GPS units didn't have any detail map! Garmin was among the first to offer mapping GPS units and the maps to go with them. Several years ago Garmin started to support 3rd party developers which has resulted in the numerous offering now available. While getting better I have yet to see a 3rd party map product which surpasses Garmins offerings when considering all aspects of the software.

It's a little hard for me to understand why, after spending $200-$600 on a state of the art GPS, anyone would then balk at $100 for a routing street map with thousands of Points of Interest that covers an entire continent.

Garmin's limit of one install on some of their map products is frustrating and IMO short sighted. 2 installs would seem much more reasonable, Microsoft Office gives you 3. I would have updated my equipment on several occasions if not for that limitation.

I guess value is a personal thing.

Bruce
  2. srileo

srileo dot Indian snakecharmer

Oddometer:
    Looks like i got late to the party? I dont see REI, Cabelas or Bass Pro offering these deals right now on July 1st. U'd think for July 4th....

Anyway, please post up if a good deal comes up again in the $200 range.
  3. Estufa

Estufa I am not an appliance Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you're willing to drive to a Bass-Pro store here in CA, they seem to have them for sale at that price ($199). They do not offer them through the web site. If you're interested, call the store and check in-store inventory.
  4. srileo

srileo dot Indian snakecharmer

Oddometer:
    Awesome intel! I called them up and yes they had one in stock for $220. definitely better than any other price elsewhere.

5. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Bought the Garmin 60CSX for $219.00 yesterday at Bass Pro Shop.
  6. Strega

Strega Black is a color

Oddometer:
  7. Dudsamoto

Dudsamoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cabelas has a 20.00 off coupon floating around, I got mine in the mail a few days ago. after applying some Cabela's Visa points, I have a new 60CSx on the way for a grand total of.....$13.40 !!:deal
    (Cabelas Visa + son's out of state college tuition on same =mucho Cabelas Bucks)

BTW the REI 20% off deal going on right now, does NOT apply to GPS devices.

REI price is 219.99 with free shipping

Cabelas price is 199.00, plus 16.00 shipping, minus the 20.00 coupon.
    Item is backordered at Cabelas estimate 2-3 weeks delivery.