S.W. Florida rides

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by DualSportDad, Aug 1, 2008.

1. 1camwonder

1camwonder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Still cant find anything on waterproofing it, the kawi 250s forums really suck. Seems like nobody does anything with the bikes on the forum except argue over what slip on is the quietest.
  2. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    try dixie dualsport. Swampy's wife has a klx250 and Swampy got his name.... well you know. go look on there i bet you find your answers.
  3. Supermotard110

Supermotard110 SUPERMOTIVATED!!!

Oddometer:
    Before you do that put 17 inch wheels on both of your bikes with slick tires!!!!! :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

Josh
  4. 1camwonder

1camwonder Adventurer

Oddometer:

I would if they weren't so damn expensive

Anyone up for a ride on sat?
  5. Supermotard110

Oddometer:
    Yeah hey I"m up for a saturday evening ride somewhere. I have to work during the day but should be home around 6pm or so. I'm not going to be able to go on sunday though. I got tickets to go watch the NY Jets play the Dolphins in Miami this sunday!!!!
  6. Supermotard110

Oddometer:
    BTW I might take the my SM out tonight and raise some hell on the street after work. I haven't ridden it since a week ago sunday when we all went riding in the everglades. I was out of town for the last week and just got back last night. So I kind got the urge to drag some footpegs around bonita springs/naples/FMB this evening. Anyone want to join???
  7. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    i just got home from work so i'm definatly out for any riding tonight. tomorrow night though i'm going to Stevies for some half price wings!!!!! anyone else wanna go?

Saturday i'm down for the single track spot. i'll already be up that way with my bike since i have to do some work to Rich's van. i'd also like to check out east of 75 on oil well road on my way back home as well.
  8. Eickey

Eickey Underwater Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, just checkin in with the west coast....looks like sunday maybe another gathering over here and perhaps we could meet up somehwere for a beer...lets see what Ike's doing and I'll try and get us all together...
  9. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    i might be game for a beer at the Rhino but that's probly as far as i'd be willing to go. the KLX has turned into a daily driver for me since the clutch went out in my car. i ride about 80 miles a day on the bike as it is right now..... i'm kinda pooped.
  10. Hoosier228

Hoosier228 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Josh, I'm jealous! Opening Day football tickets. I got Sunday off so I could watch the Colts play that evening. I am free all day Sunday though until then if anyone is up for a ride anywhere.
  11. Supermotard110

Oddometer:
    Jason, hey whats your schedule look like for next week? I have sunday thru thursday off of work next week then I have to work like 10 days in a row. I have a couple guys that I work with that are going to be out of town on vacation so I have to cover. So I decided to take a long weekend off before and after my guys go out of town.

Yeah hey Alex I'm up for Stevie's for tonight. I haven't ridden my bike since the last time we were in the everglades.
  12. Hoosier228

Hoosier228 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will find out tonight, I believe they are putting out the schedule then. I'll give you a call on my break tonight probably around 5 or 6 and let you know.
  13. Supermotard110

Oddometer:
    I'm meeting up with Alex at his house around 7pm tonight then we are headed up to Stevie Tomatoes. Call me or Alex if anyone wants to ride up there with us. Thanks.

Josh
  14. rich_mc

rich_mc Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer:
    So I ended up with a new bike today.....Anybody up for an early breakfast ride tomorrow???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. 1camwonder

1camwonder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congrats!

I gotta work tommorow otherwise I'd be down for a ride
  16. Horatio

Horatio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So... what do you all think of this one?

Attached Files:

17. Hoosier228

Hoosier228 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow, congrats Rich. That looks awesome! Did you buy that from Freedom Motor Sports? It probably rides smooth as hell.
  18. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Horatio where'd you get that color from???? it looks great!.

Rich that is awesome! i'm down for some riding tomorrow. give me a call and we'll do some riding. i put a few hundred miles on the bike today/tonight. a few might have been on the rear tire only :evil a few more where i'm pretty sure i shouldn't have been. i found a awesome private golf course though.

i'm still not sure if the FWC liked it or was eying me... damn guy snuck up on me with that wrangler.
  19. GregScuba

GregScuba Oops!

Oddometer:
    What size is that, it looks small from the picture, but is it a drz400?

At first it reminded me of the little air cooled suzuki I rode at my MSF course. I had to sit on the passenger pillon, and my knees were still hitting the bar ends

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. DRZ400mike

DRZ400mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice bike rich!