Ask Woody About Your Wheels

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by woody's wheel works, Jun 17, 2006.

1. jimmy2020

jimmy2020 limpiador de ventanas

Oddometer:
  2. homerj

homerj 742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer:
    Woody,

The rear pivot bearing allen bolt on my 93 GSPS really did a number on my spokes when it came loose and backed out, striking all of the spokes.
    [​IMG]

That notch is about 1/16 in deep.

How much what are we looking at (ballpark) to have the rim re-laced?

I also have a spare rear wheel that has 1 bent spoke but appears to be OK otherwise (although from reading the thread it seems that is not likely). Can just the one spoke on that spare rim be replaced? I live in denver so i could just drop it by your shop.

That allen bolt really did a number on the pivot bearing it was supposed to be holding in place. When I pulled the swingarm I found that my driveshaft is about 15 deg out of phase too. This has become very expensive and I'd like to keep the costs under control. At some point I want to have beefier spokes installed on my rims but the costs are rising faster than my paycheck can keep up, so if possible I'd like to just replace that single spoke for now.

TIA,
    Homer
  3. woody's wheel works

woody's wheel works Built to Last Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Woody is out of town. If you have any questions in regards to costs or repairs then e-mail me at woodyswheelworks@gmail.com or call us toll free at 866-936-0232.

Thanks,
    Chris
  4. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    Woody is heading out of town,,,,,,will be tracking down supplies,,stronger rims,,,trick stuff for all you adv riders,,,,,test driving ancient brews etc:1drink

i'll forward any difficult questions on to him,,,he'll be checking his e-mails,,,occassionally :lol3

If you have any questions in regards to costs or repairs then e-mail me at woodyswheelworks@gmail.com or call us toll free at 866-936-0232.

Thanks,
    Chris
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
  5. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    hit me up with your questions on this thread,,,makes the powers that be mo happy:clap
  6. Trailace

Trailace Dumb Ass

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to let everyone know that Woody did a great job on my front rim after I bent almost every spoke on it. He only had my wheel for about a day and a half. Ups had it for 6 so it was just a few days over a week to get all fixed up. Thanks again!:clap
  7. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Hi Woody. Mark in AK here.

I come from a sportbike background and appreciate lightweight wheels.

I don't weigh much, don't pound my gear or bike, and won't be hauling much of a load on my '07 KLR.

I know most ADVRiders are more concerned about durability but have you built up a pair of lightweight wheels for a KLR? If so, how much less did they weigh? And roughly what do you think the cost would be?

Thanks, Mark H.
  8. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    mark i can build you a4.5 front wheel good for 300mph but is that what you need ,,tell me what ya want to use your bike for,,wheels run $300-1000k..holler....w:ear

9. thumperB

thumperB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Woody,
    I've got an R12GS with cast wheels and I really like the look of black rims. Can you powdercoat my rims black?

Thanks,
  10. mountain eagle

mountain eagle terrorist

Oddometer:
    Hey Woody, any details available on the KTM / universal cush hub you've found? Pricing, options, etc?
  11. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    no problem,,,just let usknowwhat percent black ie 100%gloss=shiney shiney,,etc,,

we can handle it any way...if ya want ano hassle experience just get a fewasheets of good cardboard a for each side of your wheel assyw tire on it tape em with n3 strands nylon strap tape,,,the safest no fuss way to ship we've found

OR you can totally dismantel em an dcrate m up,,
  12. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    the test hub worked out,,we did a few mods and the production version hubs will be here tomorrow and i'll post em as soon asthey are built!!!:clap
  13. 666

666 Long timer

Oddometer:
    How about set of wheels for Weestrom? How much would that cost? may be some more dirt worthy front wheel?
    Would be nice to swap wheels back and forward. Easier than swapping tires all the time.
  14. Krautbikeman

Krautbikeman Failed Anger Mgt #$%@#$%^

Oddometer:
    Could you relace an Africa Twin set of wheels with stronger spokes? Anodize them while you have them?

Would the turnaround time still only be a few days? I'm concerned it would take longer since this bike is not available here in the US?
  15. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    Below is the newest, greatest thing for your single and twin fourstrokes. Woody and Bob/RAD collaborated to give you all a better solution.

Introducing the first billet aluminum cush hub in the United States. Using a OEM LC4 sprocket carrier and rubber dampers, you can bolt this puppy to any rear KTM swing arm and drive away. The cush absorbs a lot of the pounding that a thumper dishes out,,,,,your regular dirtbike hubs can't take the beating and will eventually look like the damaged ones below.

You can pick one up for about $300 and change. The matching fronts are $250 a piece. The 950 versions and aftermarket billet sprocket carrier will be available soon.

These hubs could be had in a variety of colors,,,for now we are going to stock. silver ,black and orange for the KTM crowd,, this hub is already being adapted for the other major dirt bikes,,, these will be ready in the near future...

Another great feature we've incorporated into this hub is our universal application feature,,,so what's that????,,,in lieu of lightening holes on the disc side ,we drilled/indexed an extra set of spoke holes allowing you to lace this hub to ANY OEM or aftermarket rim regardless of lace pattern or rim hole indexing!!!!

Let us know what you think.

Chris

PS,,,this black SUPERLACED wheel is going to be used and run thru its paces by Chris Jones in the next Paris Dakar race,,,will keep ya posted!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What won't happen with a cush drive:

[​IMG]
  16. 666

666 Long timer

Oddometer:
    KTM wheels are great. But how about my Weestrom request? Those cast wheels so freaken heavy.
  17. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    folks ,,,help me help you,,,i need a complete front wheel discs mounted with axle and spacers so that i can create a new wheel for you,,,i simply do not have the resources to go looking for this stuff,,

but once i have one in my hand i can get the measurements,,,

OR ,,,you can send me blueprints/accurate sketches that relay the same info

then i'll be in aposition to help you,,,please pass this on tother project bike builders:deal
  18. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    i need your wheels ,,and i'll guarantee that once i see it i'll come up with a game plan for building you a better wheel,,,if we have components in stock it'll be less than a week if not add aweek or two for components to arrive,,some of these projects end up being new and one off ,,be patient because you'll appreciate the results:wink:
  19. 666

666 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I was in Colorado I would take my wee's wheels off and deliver to you.
    I can make Solid Works models/drawings if it helps.
    There is lot's of weestroms out there.
  20. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Woody,
    To be brief my front wheel hops at around 45mph. Two variable: my brother was jumping the bike neglecting to lower the pressure from around 30psi, the knobby has started to wear after some hard twisties. What is more likely the problem, the rim or the tire?
    Part 2 of my inquiry: Bike is a Husqvarna TE-610 with Takasago rims. After I resolve the Hopping issue I hipe to invest in SM wheelset so I don't waist my knobbies, what route would you suggest and can a cush hub be included? I have seen others upgrade to Talon Hubs with Excel Rims but am unsure if the Talon is a Cushdrive...Any info greatly appreciated Woody,

Dan