Nfl 2012...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Hodag, Mar 7, 2012.

1. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:

Except when he comes to Foxboro.
  2. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    The coach is doing what he can. They really are in bad shape. They don't have the talent to go 8-8.

Carson Palmer doesn't help. He isn't really the answer to the QB problem but what are you going to do? You can't eat everyone's contract.
  3. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    Sorry, including Foxboro. Too bad Indy never had someone like him on the field for the defense.
  4. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    Go Bears!

?

Jay C is another one who seems too big for his biritches; a professional jackass with no talent when the curtain rises. If he has anything to show us let it be now.

I like Gary Kubiak brand football. I can't help but like them except for how it affects the Broncos in January.
  5. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    What do you think of canning Jackson? I thought he did pretty well in his rookie season.

As far as Manning, I've said since the Broncos got him, "Even if he is at 80% physically he's still the smartest player on the field."

And that is a key point, the Broncos went and got him. Paid the dollars, clicked his buttons. I've been more impressed with Elway as a football exec than I thought I would be. I don't expect most stars to be very good at coaching/management.

Speaking of coaching, Peyton is one star who I think could move into coaching successfully post career. I hope he's willing (unlike Favre) to work with the kid from ASU that the Broncos drafted as a back up.

I was going to say that the Broncos D is good enough that they would have won eight games this year w/o Peyton. Then I realized they would have still had Tebow. :huh

Another fumble in the Sunday night game. :eek1
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    This is a tough game for me. I'd say it is my second favorite team vs my second favorite team. :lol3
  7. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    He certainly wasn't fired for his performance. I don't think they liked his Alexander Haig moment. I think Hue was fired because Mark Davis wanted it that way.

I can't see Manning coaching at the pro level. The Mannings do a QB camp every year. I could see Peyton coaching college. I wonder how frustrated he would be when a QB didn't show the same commitment he had when he was playing.

Maybe something in the booth? I don't know. The guy has made enough money, he could probably buy a franchise.
  8. Beelzabob

Beelzabob Ah man, I think the clock is slow.

Oddometer:
    Another week, another emotional and painful loss. At this point, I just can't do it anymore. After 30+ years as a Charger fan, I just don't see the worth anymore. I hate to say it but, It's just too painful and simply feels like insanity IMHO to root for this team because of the clear message the ownership is sending. It's all about just making a profit and has NOTHING to do about winning!

The Spanos family has made it clear that the culture of top down failure will allow silly mistakes at the execution and coaching level just to turn a profit. This team/Franchise is pathetic! The Manning family was right! The face of the origination is a clear example of poor leadership and why the NFL should due a better job of screening before they allow ownership.

My guess is that the Spanos family is betting on failure in 2012 & 13 to allow them to move to the LA market to expand potential revenue growth. But who am I to speculate.

Either way, after years of lacking structure, guidance and discipline, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I just can't do it any more. Spanos family... You just lost my $ and support. I'M DONE! FU! :cry:clap
  9. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    * this picture does not represent Al Davis in current or any past forms.
  10. AC Swank

AC Swank Banned

Oddometer:
    Hopefully if the Chargers move north, they go all the way to Portland, OR, the're used to teams not living up to their hype (Trail Blazers). :norton
  11. Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think he's won like 12 out of his last 13 games, not counting last night. His QB rating in the 4th quarter is the best in the NFL. He doesn't give a shit what you, me, the press, or anybody thinks about him.

That's what I like about him.......

And the Bears can NOT win without him for the last few years.

Just sayin.....
  12. OuttaMyWay

OuttaMyWay I shook his hand!!!!!1! Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^
    See: Magic Johnson coaching the Lakers.
  13. jocflier

jocflier Dammit, that hurt... Supporter

Oddometer:
    The pass Rivers threw for the pick, ranks right up there with the pass Garo Yepremien threw in super bowl VII.:lol3

This team is killing me.:lol3
  14. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    Aaron Rodgers hasn't done too badly for himself even without Favre showing him the ropes.
  15. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    Its a shame he got konked on the noggin last night. Rest up JC.
  16. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    I had a gut feeling that KC would give the Steelers all they could handle. It's a damn shame their kicker couldn't connect on one or two kicks during the game plus that Cassell INT in OT was pretty much his MO. Too bad.

It's also too bad that Rothlessberger (SP) had the shoulder injury. I was really looking forward to the Steelers and Ravens banging heads next week in what has to be an epic showdown.
  17. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, the Steelers Leftwich is going to think he is a samwich week. That O-line is like swiss cheese. They better hope the big dog can make the field next week at RB to take some pressure off.
  18. Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are a BUNCH of teams hoping a BUNCH of people can make the field next week. A lot of people went down lately.

Sheeze.....
  19. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    Yep. This time of year brings lot of injuries and plain old aches and pains from a long season. The injury bug always seems to escape the Patsies though which has me thinking a certain porculent little head coach made a deal with the devil. :deal

And you know what? When he dies he'll come back as head coach of the Cleveland Browns again. For eternity! :lol3
  20. liquidsmile

liquidsmile Soon to be bored with the bike I am riding.

Oddometer:
    My friend text me this picture this morning that I thought was funny.

[​IMG]

:lol3