Indiana Ride Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by tpar1220, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Davidc83

Davidc83 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had basically the same splitfire on a little gz250. Good, low price windshield. The only problem is it is only a 2 point connection system and it does vibrate slightly at speed.
  2. gtackett

gtackett Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Jeez... I almost wrote "...in case I go riding ..."

I've read where people complained about the wind issues hitting your helment when looking over the top, but can't imagine it being any worse than riding w/o any wind protection, could it?
  3. gtackett

Oddometer:
    Did you look over the windshield or through it? I would think anything tall enough to look through (I'm right at 6') would look goofy and stand out more than a short one like this.
  4. BK

BK Electron herder

Oddometer:
    It can be worse when it causes buffeting, it depends on where the wind hits you and how smooth it comes off the windscreen.
  5. gtackett

Oddometer:
    I assume by "at speed" you mean being over 60mph? Everything else is vibrating by that point anyway...
  6. gplane

gplane Putty Conjugator

Oddometer:
    Zackly... I had an Aeroflow that buffeted like crazy and had to visit the band saw to trim up the top edge.
    After trimming the top curve and straightening the top edge the buffeting was gone.
    Sometimes a very small change makes a huge dif.
    I had a Spitfire like the one pictured on a Magna several years back, and it was a good value for the $.
    Should be a good screen for a DS.
  7. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:

no it wasn't that tall, I could see over the shield
  8. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    It is WAY worse as it shakes your head around non stop to the point your vision is blurred. My vstrom was that way. I was gonna hack the shield up to but got rid of the bike instead.. I did remove the screen completely though.. Just to see. Fixed the problem, but made an already ugly lookin motorcycle even uglier!
  9. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    I was referring to the buffeting. I never tried that particular shield.
  10. gtackett

Oddometer:
    Thinking I may try one of these or something similar. Surely with altering the angle or adding something across the top edge of the screen, I can come up with something that works.
  11. NobeyamaGP

NobeyamaGP Nerdy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I didn't see the pic, but Tapatalk was showing the URL for a while.
  12. dfye55

dfye55 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Update on Bill of sale title.
    Guys from vintage club had me concerned that I might receive a letter in the mail saying go to court instead of the title... yikes!

But fears were resolved, the title arrived in mail today. Yey!

I advise we quietly use this process without comment to bmv offices that say we need to go to court. They could push for state wide consistency forcing offices working for us to change their process. :(

Sent from mobile
  13. godwinmt

godwinmt They call me Crash

Oddometer:
    I'm a big fan of screensforbikes. I ran one on each of the DR's when I had them. If I weren't working on a rally fairing for the WR to accomplish the same thing I'd order another for it. If you get the impact resistant one they're super durable...This is the one on the little DR after I took a pretty hefty spill on the icebreaker.

[​IMG]

There's a little abrasion at the top of it after the bike slid on it to a stop, but it's still very usable.

As for wind protection, the wind typically would hit me on the bike ~neck level. It did a very good job at keeping a lot of the wind off my chest which does cut down on fatigue on longer trips and makes riding in teh cold a bit easier. Even if they don't have your specific model listed, Peter the owner does a good job at making something that will do the job.
  14. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    you guys remember this?

[​IMG]

i was just lookin thru some stuff and ran cross these..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ahh, good times.
  15. AC909

AC909 Great Job!

Oddometer:
    Just so everyone knows I started a thread under vendors for the shop http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860235 If anyone ever has any product questions or anything like that feel free to ask! I will keep posting store specials and the sort over there. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

TPar what ride was that? Doesn't look local. Being a KLR owner I am supposing that you saved that leaking fork fluid for your next oil change :lol3
  16. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    that was from our "twat" trip few years back... 09 i believe. and forks were not leaking, i was trying to bleed some of it off.

long story, i will tell ya bout it later..
  17. RoadDad

RoadDad n13ub Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Tim--Need any help with a shock rebuild? I have a lot of experience. Trust me. And was that sand biff mine or one of Ricks. Rick had the record on that ride:rofl Geez I hate snow:waysad
  18. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:

I'm sure it was one of mine......I liked the nice groomed sandy roads but that powder like sand wasn't a friend of mine.

I think this pic says it all:lol3
    [​IMG]
  19. szramer

szramer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    anyone know what kinda kawasaki is that?
    [​IMG]
  20. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:

j1