Klim Latitude Suit

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Xeraux, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:

Ummm... The link on the first post?
  2. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. Happycamper

Happycamper Have bikes, will travel

Oddometer:
  4. Willius

Willius Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    The other thing about an integrated kidney belt is that it helps carry some of the weight of the jacket. I often just attach the integrated kidney belt on my Adventure jacket w/o using the shoulder harness and it is very effective. I used to use just a kidney belt in my Harley days, and it was great...but the integrated unit in the KLIM stuff is better. I am looking at the badlands jacket to replace my Adventure jacket because I dont need the Leatte collar, dont need all the pockets on the back, and it looks like the Badlands has better venting.
  6. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
  7. Disco Stu

Disco Stu Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cold? Can't you just roll up the windows and turn on the heater in your Mini? :amazon
  8. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff Man of Mystery

Oddometer:

mmhmm ok,
    I was hoping perhaps that someone (like you) had some more information....

"CE-rated integrated armor system" is rather vague and could, apparently range from a cheese and red cabbage sammich to forcefieldT-Pro armor.

it does not appear to be the 3d0 armor that is in the badlands pro
    "D3O CE-rated integrated limb and back panel armor system [Viper Pro Level II back armor}"
  9. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    A quick Google search came up with a picture of the armour available.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/PN-CE-JACKET/Klim-CE-Armor-Kit-Jacket

[​IMG]
  10. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    you can upgrade the armour for this suit to the D3o...we did for our Traverse.
  11. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:

:bluduh
  12. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff Man of Mystery

Oddometer:
  13. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
  14. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. Magile

Magile Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Soph9,

Was the D3o armour comfortable in the knee area during long days in the saddle? The standard Klim CE armour in my Traverse pants irritates my knees during long rides.

Thanks,
    (Janet from Joisey)
  16. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    Yes but at times I needed to readjust the armour buy making sure it was Velcro into place better. You can sort of adjust the position in the knee area. I bet with this new suit it will maybe have a better way to keep the pads in place?
  17. JoDawg

JoDawg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To anyone in Ontario Canada. Dualsport Plus has a sample of each suit in their showroom as we speak. They will only have them for a few more days so if you would like a touchy feely come on in soon before they go back. They can also take pre-orders if you wish.

Cheers
  18. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    i'm looking into the latitude jacket.

i have the traverse pants with the standard armor package and i find it plenty comfortable. it works for me and so no need to spend more $ on D30. i like the traverse pants and don't see needing any more bells and whistles in the pant category, ie upgrading to latitude pants. the traverse pants are awesome for ADV riding. i have hip and knee armor and the knee armor is 3 place adjustable.

what i did not like was the traverse jacket however, so i only bought the pants and then i'd wait see what klim had in store for the future. currently i have a grey revit mesh jacket w/ armor (and non goretex style zip in rain linner)but want to compliment the direct to fabric goretex traverse pants up top. i looked at the badlands, but the price is overboard and i don't need all that tech. the latitude looks to be a perfect match for my traverse pants. i'd go for the light grey as i hate overheating with black and i find most of the dirt and such ends up on your pants over time more than jacket. the traverse pants i have are the grey combo color and that works for me. i'd say the grey latitude pants are too light a color for pants and they will get very grungy. that sealed the deal for me the darker grey traverse pants are the ideal match.

...i also have the new style grey dakar pants which are awesome when i know it's dry and i'll wear my revit jacket with those pants on days like that. if i know there will be weather or it's tour time my ideal is the latitude/traverse setup.

i also use a grey XD3 helmet so my friends call my capt. grey man, but on hot as hell days i'm more comfortable then their black setup.
  19. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    what does D30 feel like when it's colder?
    i've also heard the D30 is sizably smaller than the standard armor in the traverse pants. i know my standard armor completely fills up the pockets and the sideways (each edge) velcro strips are open. if the D30 is smaller, are the sideways velcro strips connected again to make a smaller armor pocket?
  20. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer: