good wallet

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by AKA HAL, Feb 21, 2012.

1. KLboxeR

KLboxeR Yeah, I ride a Harley. So what?

Oddometer:
    :nod

I got one 4 months ago and it's just starting to break in nicely. It is one nice, comfortable wallet.
  2. plutonic

plutonic Outsider

Oddometer:
    Hand made in the USA and it comes with a 2 dollar bill. Pretty cool.

[​IMG]
  3. mike884

mike884 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reading this ... I just ordered an original All-Ett wallet in all nylon. Tired of the costanza wallet. Thanks for all the input!
  4. Squidward

Squidward At home in my jammies

Oddometer:
    Maxpedition Micro...http://youtu.be/pdUtC1FnHO0

Holds 10 cc cards, dl and cash. All of which I previously had in a leather trucker's wallet.
  5. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tis the perfect wallet for me. Had one for about 5 years.

drivers license
    one credit card
    one debit card
    handful of bills
    simple
  6. wafish

wafish Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. KaceCoyote

KaceCoyote Pass the queer more beer

Oddometer:
  8. earwig

earwig Crowbar of Embrayage

Oddometer:
    This is the strongest wallet I've ever had: LINK

Wallets usually last me about a year (I'm hard on stuff). I got this one from inmate Raindog at his former shop "Raindogs" three years ago and it's still like new. Made of inner-tube rubber, which makes it strong and unique. I get comments on it all the time. The only potential downside is that the rubber is really grippy, so it's a little more difficult to slide bills in than with leather, but that's a small issue for such a great wallet.
  9. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    No more butt sweat than leather?
  10. 91Eunos

91Eunos zipper suited sun god

Oddometer:
    Wallet goes in chest pocket of flight suit (work) or an inside jacket pocket, unless it's too hot for a coat. Then I just carry a mini "wallet" w/1 credit card, a debit card and ID plus a few bills on the back of that in the attached money clip in a front pocket. If I'm wearing cargo shorts instead of pants I'll just put the full size wallet in one of the cargo pockets on the side.

Cell phone goes in opposite pocket or I just carry it...or just leave it in the car. I'm working towards the day that I need neither cell phone nor watch. If someone needs to get to me that badly they can send a runner! :D. Ironically, I will sometimes slip my cell phone into a rear pocket while walking around but take it out before I sit down.

Usually have a small knife (currently a Benchmade mini-Griptilian) clipped in my right front pocket.

Usually have a mini LED flashlight (single CR123 battery...currently a Brite Strike RL 180MH) clipped in my left front pocket.

I only carry a single car key (remote access fob, tucks into the little coin pocket in jeans) or if I'm driving my POS $400 beater truck I'll just leave the keys in it. I can only hope that it's stolen! :rofl It took me awhile to get comfortable not carrying a key to every damn car plus the bike plus the house plus the storage sheds, etc. but man is it nice. I'll typically either not take them or just lock them in the car and carry only the car key.

Less really is more when it comes to carrying all that crap around...
  11. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. lowes48

lowes48 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just made these for a couple of friends this week. 4" wide x 2 3/4" tall, 1/4" thick, completely hand-made and hand stitched, so no 2 are alike! The center section is for paper cash and there are 2 additional card pockets on each side. I currently carry 9 cards and a few bills in mine and it works great! I've got many different types of leather (exotics as well - gator, caymen, shark, elephant, etc...), and stitch colors available, so just let me know if I can help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    I think we have the same wallet and I carry mine in the front pocket too. Problem for me that I don't need that many card pockets or I feel obligated to put something in them. Really, do I need to carry my loyalty cards everywhere I go?
  14. AKA HAL

AKA HAL workin' on the noob thing

Oddometer:
    Wow. You guys have given up a lot of info-- lots to digest. Thanks.

Hal
  15. DriveShaft

DriveShaft Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd tweak the card holder a bit, but that's pretty nice! Easy to make too!
  16. cdc

cdc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great info here!
    So far the BigSinny is the one I liked best.
    But the best was to learn about the Key Ring app.....
    :clap
  17. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:
    Fucked if I know what it is.

A brown one. :deal
  18. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:

I've been use'n one for 3 years,great smiple wallet.:clap

Hasn't even lost a thread.
  19. wncrider

wncrider nOOb in post count only

Oddometer:
    I use this money clip/wallet in the front pocket. Carries and wears well.

http://www.hartmann.com/shop/productDetail-sku-724

No rear wallet in years. I shop for pants with at least one extra pocket so I can carry the phone in one pocket by itself, wallet in another and the knife and keys in another.

Fortunately, my small leatherman fits in the watch pocket of my jeans when I don't have the extra pocket option. I hate a cell phone on my belt.

Edited to add that I like the Big Skinny nylon wallet until it blew a seam after a couple of months. They replaced it quickly and the new one did the same.
  20. allroadrider

allroadrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I looked in a drawer in my office I have about 10 wallets in it that I have used and moved on to others including a very expensive tumi the one I have used for the last three years is a big skinny folder DL on the outside view pocket, inside is a insurance card, sams card one credit card (visa) and one debit card and thats it, it goes in my left ft pocket, money clip in my right ft pocket along with my knife clipped to my watch pocket or to my pant pocket I don't put my keys in my pocket any more I use a carabner and hook them to a belt loop, they are a lot more accessable. I also have a big skinny card holder with my fuel cards and company debit card in it, I keep it in my laptop carry bag. my cell is on my belt or in my tank bag, when I am driving I usually lay it on the center console and use a bluetooth
    Works for me
    Like a lot of people I can't stand to have any thing in my back pocket, one of the techs that I used to work with was haveing back problems his doctor took away his big truckers wallet dumped the contents in a bag kept the wallet, and told him to return in two weeks, his back problems lessened quite a bit, after two months w/o his big wallet they were almost gone.
    he was lost with out that big thing but his back felt better
    ARR