The Trans-Lab is Overdone. We want to Ride the Rock.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Canuman, Oct 7, 2012.

1. jackpiner57

jackpiner57 Moto-Racks.com Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I found a package out in the barn loft last year and they tasted almost exactly like I remember 35 years ago. Except the creamy middle with the caraway seeds.
  2. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Canuman, have you thought of doing the Four Corners of Newfoundland? There's a thread on RTR that list the details.

I certainly hope you participate in the Lighthouse Trophy Thread.
  3. Canuman

Canuman Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer:
    Dresda,

It's something I'd like to do at some point, but I don't think it will be on this journey. We are attempting to avoid as much pavement as possible, and I think the amount of tarmac on that run is considerable. Not exactly DRZ terrain.
  4. AtlasExp

AtlasExp beer me

Oddometer:
    If amount of tarmac or pavement on the whole trip is more than 0.786% I will complain to Fearless leader department of Vermont! :D
  5. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think its about time to drag this thread off of page 2.

Had to book Vacation for the summer last night to guarantee my Seniority Rights when it came time to assign time off. Since I left, and came back again, I'm on the bottom of the list. Yeah, that's right. The Bottom. I shoulda fuckin stayed and been ready to start taking my 5th week of vacation next year, but lesson learned, right?

ANYWHO....

Cowbell911 and I are booked for August 3-13 to Ride the Rock. No plans as of yet. When are the rest of you FFs going to be there?

Plans are fluid...If my time is not approved, the date dice will be rolled again and I'll see what happens...
  6. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have dedicated my vacation to the cause. Whenever the collective goes, I go. I'm unsure of the starting location.

My two place trailer may have room for another bike if my dual sport friend can't go. Normally I'd say he's all in but since he just bought a Harley, normal is on vacation. I may not have as much time as everybody else. If I can cross over on the ferry from NS with the group I can at least get the Rock ride done with no pre or post riding. I'll need to find a place to keep my car and trailer in NS. Any suggestions on that are appreciated.
  7. AtlasExp

AtlasExp beer me

Oddometer:
    Criminal situation in NS is very bad!!!! Its not safe to park car and trailer anywhere!!!! So you will have to go with us for full time trip!!!!! And why you mentioning Harley in this thread?:D
  8. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:

Anton,
    You've seen my car and trailer. Why would anyone want that? The rock is the most important part of the ride for me. If my bike or I have some misfortune before achieving Ride the Rock status it would be disappointing.

By riding only ON the rock I can give my last rpms and breath for the cause.

Sorry for using the "H" word. I'll go wash my mouth out with chain lube!
  10. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I'll be taking the bridge onto NS and trailering up to the ferry that leaves from Sydney. It's all new to me. PM coming.

Also, in Canada do I need a DNR dog tag or bracelet for my bike? For me?:lol3
  11. Canuman

Oddometer:
    I was looking toward the last two weeks of August, simply because a number of people want to attend the Skibum Soiree.

Can't beat a good soiree, unless you maybe have a cotillion.

12. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent! :clap
  13. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's a field near the ferry, ie, walking distance, and they charge you to leave your vehicle there. I don't know the details but we'll be leaving ours there. Not riding a bike through Quebec ever again!
  14. Canuman

Oddometer:
    So long as it has tires and rims when we get back, that sounds like a plan. Where would further info be had?

15. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    As Stephanie said, it would be great if we could meet up then, in NL at the Soiree, assuming one happens this year.
  16. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there a Quebec story to be told?:wink:
  17. Canuman

Oddometer:
    Where do you think she got that tattoo?
  18. 8gv

8gv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got mine on Fantasy Island:lol3
  19. dresda

dresda Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not really - just that its long, boring and tedious going through Quebec. It ALWAYS pours from Riviere du Loup to Quebec City.

And all the drivers are lunatics.
  20. Brit711

Brit711 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AND IF there is a Quebec story to be told... will have to hope it's not all in French ! :ear hihhi

:huh