LED Auxiliary Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Aug 5, 2010.

1. millsan1

millsan1 IBA #49986

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Want the baddest headlamp in camp:D your friends will curse you when they see the light:freaky

The M1 Bike/Head light is on sale. Normally $130, sale price $90.

Includes battery, charger, mount, and light with your choice of bike or head mount. We also have a wiring harness that allows you to hard wire to a 12v source.

[​IMG]
  3. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics and review.

The other vendors lights seem quite expensive as a DRL. I've had calls from several ADVriders asking about my lights as they were disappointed with the other vendors lights. One gent from down under was quite upset after a prolonged discussion with the vendor, but the vendor finally took the lights back. He ordered a few sets of the model 60s for his rally bikes and is happy with the performance.

For less money you could have a pair of model 30s that will add even more light:deal
  4. mwood7800

mwood7800 Banned

Oddometer:
    The modle 60 3600 led lights kill my radio recption, any filter or fixes?
  5. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Try a ferrite ring, wrap the wires going to the light around it. Should be able to find one at Radio Shack.
  6. SV_Dwayne

SV_Dwayne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been thinking of picking up a set of the model 60s to mount on a light bar on my V-Strom, along with a dimmer with high-beam bypass. One concern I have though is that since there's no cut-off, the lights will be blinding to oncoming traffic when it's dusk and darker out, even if they're dimmed down. If I dim them down to 10%, that might take care of it, but if they're that dim, I'm not sure I'll be throwing any real additional light onto the road. I did do an HID conversion, that works great. Has anyone run a setup like this and actually looked at the dimmed lights themselves when it's dark out?
  7. StmbtDave

StmbtDave AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer:
    Thus the reason they're not DOT approved :deal. There really is no solution as the lights have no reflector to control the light pattern.

Dave
  8. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've used each of the LED models as primary lights (ie no other headlight) in our Dual Sport fairing. They work just fine, produce an adquate amount of light for riding at night while not blinding oncoming traffic (unless you need to:D). So in your application they should work great.

A pair of 60s on the strom and you won't realize you have other lights:deal
  9. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    I am very interested in one of the headlights to augment (in this case blow it away) my stock WIMPY headlight on my 1973 CB340 Four Honda. I want the LED for it's low power consumption and high output. WHat model shout I get and where will it mount? Please PM me the details.
  10. nwdub

nwdub Banned

Oddometer:
    can I get a model 60 in amber?
  11. Ben Carufel

Ben Carufel Boxer Addict

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Just ordered 2 pairs of the Model 60's with dimmers. A buddy ordered a set yesterday for his KTM...looking forward to getting them on there. I'll actually be looking forward to riding at night, then.
  12. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any idea what your stator output is?

Post a pic of your bike. You could remove the reflectors on the upper fork (if they are bolt on) and mount there or possibly the bolts holding the headlight bucket (but they may block the blinkers).

Here ya go.

Thanks for the business!
  13. Jdeks

Jdeks Accepting and supportive of everyones feelings.

Oddometer:
    So after buying a generic Fleabay "1125" Lumen LED spotlight, and finding it actually produces less light than my LED headtorch, I'm looking at some of these model 30's for my 950 Adv.

I just switched to 55w HIDs on my conventional low and high beam, and I'm looking at just getting one model 30, and mounting it to my high fender under the chin of the bike, so I have a directional headlight. So I was wondering:

• how much does each lamp weigh?
    • Since I'm only looking at running one (.85 A), reckon I can get away with just tapping it straight off my high-beam circuit?

Cheers!
  14. Rev

Rev Asshole

Oddometer:
    OK, so its been a few weeks since i got the new ST switch and just wanted to report back really quick

ALL IS WELL and i think that maybe i just got one of "those bad ones" that sneak by on occasion. as soon as i had 20 minutes to throw this one back on (that long only because of the way i have it mounted, i have to pull the whole headlight off, which is only 2 bolts.) i did and havent had an issue yet.

at this point, my only niggle is the buttons are hard to locate with gloves on, and ive taken to riding with one off when i know ill need to hit the switch.

other than that, i cant wait to see a model 60 spot....then ill be set!!!
  15. TRed

TRed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]I got it working finally. I didn't realize that I am litterally the only person here that had to make a completely custom installation of this light on my bike. So I had to learn a ton of stuff to make it work. First off my bike didn't have a lighting coil, so I bought one, but they don't tell you it will need to be modified to work for my bike, it has only one power wire comming out, so I had to "float the ground" they call it. That means cutting the ground wire loop off and soldering another wire to it so that I can have 2 wires come out of the coil. Sounds easy right? It isn't, soldering to a coil wire is near impossible, they coat the wire with something that won't burn off and just won't allow solder to stick, so I had to take it to a radio repair guy who was able to solder it for me. Ok, now that I have 2 wires, I needed a REGULATOR/RECTIFYER, again I didn't know that and had originally purchased a REGULATOR only, which will not work because it doesn't turn the electricity into dc voltage. I then had to get technical info from folks like ricky stator and trail tech to help me discover that I was also going to need a battery and a wireing scematic to show me how to hook it all up. And it can be wired several ways depending on how you want to run it. I got it running last night and it is super bright and killer looking. I mounted the light on the handle bars, the switch is mounted into the side fairing for easy reaching and it is the only button there so it is not confusing in the dark. I mounted the regulator/rectifyer and also the battery into my air box using wide size heavy duty velcro! And to tie it all together I soldered and shrink tubed all connections, which reminds me, that waterproof connector from ADVmonster was no good for me, bad design that takes tiny hands and an hour of time to use, I tossed it and soldered the wires together. [​IMG][​IMG]
  16. dacrazyrn

dacrazyrn ED RN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I THINK mine have worked fine.. My thoughts any. :evil
    Flood on the right (I have "Yellow filter" covering the bottom half of the light) and spot on the left. Spot to come on with brights and fogs on a AS7 Autoswitch to turn signal cancel button (F800GS)
  17. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Each light with mount is 8oz. or 226g.

You should be ok with the high beam circuit. Although you should check the fuse size just to verify.

The spot/flood combo works well. The spot on the oncoming traffic side reduces possible blinding, the flood lights the ditch and off into the woods. Should plug right in to your piaa connections.

After spending a bunch of time adjusting my 02 Tiger 955 headlight, they work reasonably well, you might check out tigertriple for recommended adjustments.

Congrats, lets see some single track action with the light:evil

You aren't the only one with a custom install. Glad to hear you got it working. Wish you would've posted up more info about your bike.

I have a functioning protoype for dirt bikes that uses ac power and I'm always looking for a guinea pig:D For now it will be installed on the KTM 300 2T.

The connector design works and works well. Assembly can be tedious and is not for everyone, but when done properly the connectors will last and last. Post up some single track pics with the light and I'll send you a refund for the connector:deal
  18. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Later this week.
  19. mwood7800

mwood7800 Banned

Oddometer:
    I have the 3600 led lights, they kill my fm radio recption, I tried ferrit chokes, no diference, these lights might not meet us codes.
  20. mwood7800

mwood7800 Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm not worried about the light output, just the guy walking by wearing a pacemaker!