Rocky Mountain FM Deadwood collection

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by dougrender, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
    I got this bike thinking it might be a simple fix. Unfortunately it looks like the motor need to come apart as there is no oil pressure. I have no idea how much time it has run like that. It starts, but sounds like it's screaming for oil. I hate that sound...

The good:
    electric start 600cc thumper :deal
    new battery
    low miles (5528)
    mechanically complete and straight (mostly)

The bad:
    Cosmetically challenged
    It appears to have been :razor ground looped, so the controls need some help.
    No side panels at all
    Fork seals leaking
    Oil starved (damage unknown)

The XT is a solid platform that has a huge following in Europe. A low seat height makes it a good KLR alternative.
    This would make a great project bike for someone who has more time and space than I do.
    I can deliver it if it's not too far from Drake.
    I'd prefer to sell it whole, but if not I will part it out here first then the scraps go to eBay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few more pics here.
  2. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    Ok, the most unlikely place that it will sell, but who knows ?

Up for sale is a KLT 200C. I purchased this three-wheeler from an older gentlemen who purchased it NEW and simply used it to travel from his cabin down to the local store in South Park, Colorado. Looking at the machine, that seems pretty accurate.
    Also, he was a very handy gentlemen as you can see from the trike. It has a custom rear and front rack (great for strapping on a small cooler). It also has feet platforms which make it very easy to ride in any terrain.

After purchasing it, I adjusted the valves, cleaned the carburetor, changed the oil and added a clutch cable and levers. In going through the bike, you see where new bolts have been added to keep the machine in fairly good shape. I believe he also added a cigarette adapter to power 12V accessories. The engine is in great shape and starts up from cold within a few seconds. The front and rear tail light work perfectly.

The KLT200 was ahead of its time in many ways. The rear axle has a locking differential. This feature allows the rider to run in open (not locked) which allows for greater power, easier steering and lower fuel usage. Very useful for riding on pavement or hard back. Then when the rider reaches tougher terrain, you simply lean back and lock in the left wheel in for maximum traction. How much traction compared to the new ($8000) machines? Well, when we had the recent snow storms, I was able to put the wife on back and plow through 12 inches of snow with relative ease. Today, for fun, I also drove right over my shrubs next to the house with ease.

It also holds the fuel in a tank between the rear tires for greater stability and ease of maintenance(not tank to remove for engine work). The fuel pump works perfectly and you can hear it before starting up pressurizing the line.

The KLT is a manual clutch. The motor is identical to the KZ200 motor. This means no auto clutch to go out ever. All parts are still available for this machine through bike bandit and fleabay. I bought this originally for my wife to ride-then realized that riding a high powered motorcycle and a ATV just would simply incompatible. Then I sold my trailer and that was that. The machine is ready to ride and needs nothing. As you can see, the bike is all original and has simply been used to putt around under an old guy. It is super quiet and won't disturb the neighbors. The tires are wide and designed for low PSI which leads to a comfy ride and low impact.

Who do I think would enjoy riding the KLT? Minimalist hunters who need a small machine to get in and out of tight areas. Folks who simply want something more stable than a motorcycle but far smaller than an ATV to get around. Or maybe you-someone who wants a useful, reliable machine.

I like three wheelers far better than 4 wheeler ATV's simple because they are smaller and require less effort to move around. It weighs about 350lbs which is far lighter than the roving couch behemoths sold today. Because of the small size, anyone from 4 foot 10 to 6'5 can ride this. Please give me a call if interested. First come, first serve with the cash gets it. If you want to put it on your credit card, I can do paypal if you cover the fee.

The KLT comes with the following: Original key and copy Factory manual Three wheeler manual (cover several other machines) Original tool kit

Thanks-Chris 303 253 1713

[​IMG]
    More here.
    https://meterpig.smugmug.com/gallery/5072460_DGTRa/1/305343091_ExVoR
  3. Flaco

Flaco Zombie Holocaust

Oddometer:
    Bummer. Hope you stay.
  4. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    A natural ATV rider you are!

:lol3
  5. ere109

ere109 Ride On!

Oddometer:
    *chants to self* "I'm a Honda man, I'm a Honda man, I'm a Honda man...'

6. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Komito, What are you looking for $ wise on the GS? Take a nice Sportbike in partial trade?

Tim
  7. Shuffler

Shuffler Hommes Grande

Oddometer:
    Shameless bump...updated the post.
  8. smash81

smash81 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Selling my bike:

The Basics:
    1988 Kawasaki Concours
    65,700 miles
    Fairings are old and scratched, but fully functional
    Bags are a bit scratched, but fully functional
    Brand new EBC sintered brake pads front and rear (top of the line)
    Brand new Avon Storm/Azaro front and rear tires in stock size (less than 500 miles)
    New plugs (NGK)
    New air filter (OEM)
    All fluids changed
    New battery last fall
    2 helmet locks relocated to license plate mount
    New rear shock (OEM)
    Carb sync and valve adjustment completed last fall

Accessories:
    Handlebar risers
    Bar end weights
    Wrapped grips for added padding and thickness
    Steel braided brake and clutch cables
    Highway pegs (Murphs)
    Accessory fuse block - not wired in yet (Murphs)
    Concours specific light bar with Hella 500 driving lights (lights are currently not wired in as I was in the process of adding the accessory fuse block)
    Hitch
    Sheepskin seat cover (currently have eggcrate underneath it for an incredibly comfortable seat, but you can take it off. Stock seat is in good condition)
    Throttle Rocker

Included in sale:
    Extra Avon Storm front tire, appx 1/2 life left
    Brand new, unopened Covercraft 1/2 cover
    Unopened pack of fairing clips (Murphs)
    Straight Weight front springs
    1 quart 15w fork oil
    Clymers owners manual

I'm sure I've forgotten some things...

Here is why I am selling: Currently the bike will not pull away from a stop. She starts and idles well (in gear or in neutral) and shifts fine, but as soon as you drop the clutch she stops. I attempted to bypass the kickstand kill switch, to no avail. So, you cannot ride this bike home, you will have to trailer her. This is probably an easy fix, but I have my eyes on a new bike and am ready to let the old girl go. She has NEVER EVER left me stranded and has been insanely reliable up until this point, and I ride rear round in all conditions. She's done an Iron Butt, been to the top of pikes peak, hauled everyone's gear and run 2 up for miles upon miles on the freeway. She does have a slight oil leak, to the tune of one or two drops per day, coming from one of the bolts near the oil pan. This hasn't been an issue, and I haven't taken the time to fix it. I replaced the oil pan when I bought her a year ago, so there is nothing wrong with that. Some form-a-gasket should do the trick if the leak bothers you. I just always joke that my bike marks her territory.

She was my baby. Very well taken care of, oil changed every 2500 miles with 5w40 synthetic and Kawasaki oil filter and always garaged. She is old, cosmetically you can tell this, but everything is there and functional. Currently the lower fairings and belly pan are removed, which is how I run her in the summer. All fairings, rubber and bolts (most of them are new) will be included with sale of course.

I have tons of pictures and can take more, so if there's something you want to see let me know. Photos below are from the past month (tank bag not included), the photo with the Hella's turned on is with the headlight on bright to give you an idea of how much light they put out. [can you see me now??]

Sale is local cash only. $2000 obo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    I have an Aire Tomcat Tandem Inflatable Kayak for sale. This boat is BRAND new. It has never been blown up. Still in original packaging. Comes with both seats, two sets of paddles, an air pump for inflation and a patch kit. The boat alone retails for $649.00 I will sell the whole kit for $500.00 firm. I'll be at Four Mile Freakout and can deliver there if interested. PLEASE PM ME IF INTERESTED.

linky to aire web site

http://www.aire.com/AIRE/TomcatII.shtml
  10. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Far be it from me to police grammar, but you misspelled "ATV"
  11. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
  12. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    Bike with an extra wheel. It is the closest thing to a motorcycle compared to the couches out there today.
  13. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    :deal
  14. velosprocket

velosprocket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm going to have a FMF Ti4 for sale or trade (for something interesting) in a day or two. The FMF silencer is also installed, but it's still to loud for my taste. Open to fair offers.

[​IMG]
  15. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:
  16. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
    :nod

:cry
  17. Secondtear

Secondtear Secondtear

Oddometer:
    Any interest in a KLR?
  18. velosprocket

velosprocket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just the FMF is up on the block. I love the DRZ, so it's staying with me.

Now if you're talking about trading the KLR for the pipe, I'm all over it! :D
  19. Secondtear

Secondtear Secondtear

Oddometer:
    hah!! :clap:lol3
  20. Hawaii_Rider

Hawaii_Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will it fit on a DR650?:evil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.